Considering buying a new Gaming PC. Need help.

JBNFGamer

Hello forum users of Linustechtips!

I'm looking for a new gaming pc. But first, here's a little story why i want to buy a new gaming pc.

So, back in December 2012, i made the decision to switch over to gaming on a desktop.

I had my eyes on the Alienware X51. I had my eyes on the Alienware X51 because it seemed to be a good beginner pc.

The following specifications were,

-Mini ITX Motherboard

-Mini tower (ofcourse)

-Nvidia GT 640 1GB

-6GB of DDR3 RAM

-Intel core I3-2120 with 3.3GHz

-SATA 3GB/s hard drive with 7200 rpm

-220W psu

-And Windows 8

It had a price tag of 699 Euro. it seemed decent to me, so i ordered it. But ofcourse, It didn't came with a monitor, headset etc. 

but purchasing all the needs, i ended up with a price of 1000-1100 Euro.

After it arrived at my house a few days before christmas.

I immediately got it out of the box, and installed everything. 

The first game i bought was Battlefield 3, and also the first time gaming on my brand new Alienware X51.

I could run the game on Low - Medium settings with Avg. 30 - 40 FPS, wich was good enough for me.

I could run most of the games on low-medium with decent frames.

Around 6-7 months later, most of the games recquiered better GPU and a better CPU. 

At the time, the alienware X51 had a small form factor, wich ment the biggest Graphics card that it could take was a Nvidia GTX 660TI (you could put a GTX 670 in the Aliewnare X51 but that would be bad because of heat issues).

So i went to a electronic store and i purchased a Nvidia GTX 660TI and installed it into my Alienware X51. But i had to get a new 330W PSU aswell because a 220W PSU couldn't handle it. (330w neither as good, but better)

As of today, I'm still have my Alienware X51.

But i'm looking to buy another pc because the games comming in 3-6 months require more graphical performance, and the Alienware X51 has limits upgrading due it's small case. And the X51 has bad air cooling.

Anyhow,

I currently have my eyes on the ''Acer Predator G3'' variant (Yes, i know i can get it cheaper by building it myself, but i'm to affraid i do something wrong)

I'm interested in the Acer Predator because it has a full tower case, better airflow, and the ability to upgrade the PC to whatever you want

The price range goes from 900 to 1500 Euro.

But looking at the specifications, it seems future proof and great performance.

I'm look at the Acer Predator G3-605 (1295 Euro) and the Acer predator G3-605 I9916 (1205 Euro)

First, let me start with the specs of the powerfull one, The Predator G3-605

-Intel core I7 4770 3.4 GHz (can be overclocked to 3.9 GHz)

-12GB DDR3 SDRAM (can be upgraded upto 32GB!)

-2TB SATA Hard drive

-120GB solid state SSD

- Nvidia GTX 770 2GB

-And windows 8.1

And now with the cheaper one, The Predator G3-605 I9916

-Intel core I7 4790 3.6GHz

-16GB DDR3 RAM

-1TB Hard drive 

-120GB Solid state SSD

-Nvidia GTX 760 1.5GB

-And windows 8.1

Now, let me know wat tips and advice you guys can give.

Thanks in advance.

JBNFGamer

Get an i5-4690k, R9 290/Gtx780, z97mobo. If you're too afraid to build it yourself, ask at a local store if they can do it for you

Or an i7-4790k if it fits your budget

If you are really afraid to build a PC get someone you know or buy an OEM prebuild from a reputable company.

Nothing will go wrong if you build it yourself m8 ._.

i was afraid too but its easy once you get past the part where you have to wire the motherboards to the nuclear reactor and take the risk of blowing your entire city

jk

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

Seriously building a pc is easy. Im 15 and I watercooled mine so I don't see why you wouldn't be able to build one yourself. There are plenty of guides done by many youtubers (including Linus) and they make the process much easier. So if you do decide to build it yourself, I recommend getting a 4690K and pairing that with an R9 290 or a 780 depending on which brand you prefer. 8GB of RAM will be plenty for you and get whatever case fits your size requirement and looks, if you want something small like your alienware but still upgradeable, I recommend the corsair 250D. A 600W PSU should be plenty of power but you might want to get a bigger one if you plan to sli/crossfire in the future. 

[ Rig: CPU: 4930K, GPU: EVGA 780TI SC x2, RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Mobo: ASUS P9 X79 LE, Storage: 120GB Samsung EVO + 2TB Seagate Barracuda, PSU: Corsair RM1000 ]

1. Build a PC by yourself, if you are afraid of screwing parts, hire a builder or watch build guides on youtube (Linus has great guides), it costs much lesser and sometime delivers better performance

2. If you HAVE TO buy a prebuilt, I'd recommend Digital Storm, they are less overpriced than most of configurators in the US, plus they are actually great at cable management, NEVER EVER buy from Alienware

My current rig for entertainment/gaming: i5 4570 3,2GHz; MSI B85M-E45; ZOTAC GTX760 AMP!; 8GB (2x4GB) by Kingston; Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200rpm; Corsair 200R, Corsair VS650; Dell U2312HM, Samsung DVD R/W optical drive; CM Devastator; Corsair MM400 gaming pad

I could go to a local store and ask for it, but wat are the opinions on the predator pc?

I could go to a local store and ask for it, but wat are the opinions on the predator pc?

Too expensive, not worth it

My current rig for entertainment/gaming: i5 4570 3,2GHz; MSI B85M-E45; ZOTAC GTX760 AMP!; 8GB (2x4GB) by Kingston; Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200rpm; Corsair 200R, Corsair VS650; Dell U2312HM, Samsung DVD R/W optical drive; CM Devastator; Corsair MM400 gaming pad