[Build Assistance] I am bad when it comes to computers.

290 is is fine.
But check prices of the 780Ti on amazon. you might be surprised compared to Aussie stores. just go to the checkout and it shows you in AUD.
Not all the 780ti's will ship. but I know a few that will. Like EVGA and ASUS.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

I would personally get the 290. Good job on your build, it's nicely balanced.

Appreciate the wise words of someone here on the forums! Thank you sir. :)

Looks great to me. I've got nothing to nitpick at.

Yet again, I appreciate the humble response, I never understood why countries bagged the US of A.

Personally i would get a 780ti if you didnt have to wait. Ive had less problems after switching from amd to nvidia.

Go with the 290 though, bf4 has mantle

Thanks for your opinion XTankSlayerX, can I ask though, would getting a 290 now mean I could upgrade to a nvidia card later on?

Here is a review of the card and performance in bf4 but i think 780ti is overkill for your use.

http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/gigabyte-radeon-r9-290x-review,20.html

Kind words Nuytens, to you as well I say thanks for your input!

290 is is fine.

But check prices of the 780Ti on amazon. you might be surprised compared to Aussie stores. just go to the checkout and it shows you in AUD.

Not all the 780ti's will ship. but I know a few that will. Like EVGA and ASUS.

Antistatic12, your response is valued but can I just ask, I never understood things like the 780 Ti with branding from EVGA to those from a company say ASUS, does this affect performance and price and will it be compatible with my build? As a side note can I also ask, if I paid for shipping would they do it? (As you can see I have never touched anything like ebay or paypal! :) Thanks for your time!

DAZZA THE DRAGON, MEMER AND KING OF DORITOS AND MOUNTAIN DEW.

Sorry to be painful but can I also ask you gents, if I order all these parts, should I be making my masterpiece by myself or getting someone else to do it for me? I just don't want to damage parts and such. :P
Is this the sort of thing I should be looking at on amazon? http://www.amazon.com/Asus-GTX780TI-DC2OC-3GD5-ASUS-Graphics-Cards/dp/B00HSY1RVC :P

Edited by Dazza_the_Dragon

Antistatic12, your response is valued but can I just ask, I never understood things like the 780 Ti with branding from EVGA to those from a company say ASUS, does this affect performance and price and will it be compatible with my build? As a side note can I also ask, if I paid for shipping would they do it? (As you can see I have never touched anything like ebay or paypal! :) Thanks for your time!

So companies like ASUS or EVGA will release stock cards. which is essentially the same to other vendores. A stock EVGA 780ti will be the same as a ASUS 780 ti as they have to build it to Nvidia's spec. (you can get some slight differences like warranty or game bundle)

Now those AIB's like mentioned above, can also if allowed change around certain aspects of those cards and that's where you get more expensive 780Ti's. So usually will have a factory overclock, maybe different vram. different PCb layout,. different colors, etc..etc.

If you look on amazon, look for either the seller as amazon, or a seller that ships internationally. at checkout you can see the total cost including shipping and currency conversion if enabled.

I found a EVGA 780Ti on amazon for $733AUD that the total.

Cheapest on PC Case Gear (australia) is $799 plus the usual $12 shipping totaling $811AUD

Just an option. you could also look at other cards like the 290/290x 780 and so on. Also SSD are cheap. I have bought 5 out of my 9 SSD's from amazon because the price is just that much cheaper.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

Sorry to be painful but can I also ask you gents, if I order all these parts, should I be making my masterpiece by myself or getting someone else to do it for me? I just don't want to damage parts and such. :P

Is this the sort of thing I should be looking at on amazon? http://www.amazon.com/Asus-GTX780TI-DC2OC-3GD5-ASUS-Graphics-Cards/dp/B00HSY1RVC :P

Build it yourself. You have no reason to cherry pick your parts only for someone else to handle it. The PC would probably be damaged in transit anyway.

The only difference between brands is clock speed and the cooling. I would personally get an MSI Twin Frozr cooler for NVidia, or anything Sapphire for AMD.

Here's the MSI TF 780TI. http://www.amazon.com/MSI-Computer-Corp-780TI-GAMING/dp/B00HPS4B3M/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1406033002&sr=1-1&keywords=nvidia+msi+780ti

How to Post Topics, the Right Way / The Ultimate Build Parts List

"4 words. DON'T BE A DUMBASS" ~@Swndlr

Build it yourself. You have no reason to cherry pick your parts only for someone else to handle it. The PC would probably be damaged in transit anyway.

The only difference between brands is clock speed and the cooling. I would personally get an MSI Twin Frozr cooler for NVidia, or anything Sapphire for AMD.

Here's the MSI TF 780TI. http://www.amazon.com/MSI-Computer-Corp-780TI-GAMING/dp/B00HPS4B3M/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1406033002&sr=1-1&keywords=nvidia+msi+780ti

So companies like ASUS or EVGA will release stock cards. which is essentially the same to other vendores. A stock EVGA 780ti will be the same as a ASUS 780 ti as they have to build it to Nvidia's spec. (you can get some slight differences like warranty or game bundle)

Now those AIB's like mentioned above, can also if allowed change around certain aspects of those cards and that's where you get more expensive 780Ti's. So usually will have a factory overclock, maybe different vram. different PCb layout,. different colors, etc..etc.

If you look on amazon, look for either the seller as amazon, or a seller that ships internationally. at checkout you can see the total cost including shipping and currency conversion if enabled.

I found a EVGA 780Ti on amazon for $733AUD that the total.

Cheapest on PC Case Gear (australia) is $799 plus the usual $12 shipping totaling $811AUD

Just an option. you could also look at other cards like the 290/290x 780 and so on. Also SSD are cheap. I have bought 5 out of my 9 SSD's from amazon because the price is just that much cheaper.

Thank you once again for your inputs, can I quickly ask though, if I get a 290 now, will I be able to shift to a more powerful card say a 780ti further down the track?

Yet again, I appreciate the humble response, I never understood why countries bagged the US of A.

Because we're a country of arrogant pricks and proud of it! :D

You can do it yourself, it's very easy and so long as you don't try to force things in to places they may or may not go your system should be perfectly fine.

A 780 Ti is only slightly faster than a 290 and not worth the extra money, trust me.

Thank you once again for your inputs, can I quickly ask though, if I get a 290 now, will I be able to shift to a more powerful card say a 780ti further down the track?

I don't see why you couldn't. But 780TIs will be outclassed by time you need an upgrade.

How to Post Topics, the Right Way / The Ultimate Build Parts List

"4 words. DON'T BE A DUMBASS" ~@Swndlr

Personally I would just save up a little more then and get the 780Ti if you are going to get it in a few months.

but it is up to you.

why not instead of getting a 290 then going to 780ti. why not get another 290.

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

Personally I would just save up a little more then and get the 780Ti if you are going to get it in a few months.

but it is up to you.

but it is up to you.

Because we're a country of arrogant pricks and proud of it! :D

You can do it yourself, it's very easy and so long as you don't try to force things in to places they may or may not go your system should be perfectly fine.

A 780 Ti is only slightly faster than a 290 and not worth the extra money, trust me.

Thank you guys, I really, really do appreciate your assistance with this. I think I am probably going to with Antistatic12 and get another 290 down the track :P 

Also, I swear this is the last question, is that case alright or should I get something a little better? I don't know if getting something that looks aesthetically nicer will be better? Does getting a different case mean my parts won't fit or what? and/or could you link me to a nice looking case that could fit my build? 

Thr case is great if u're looking for aestethic u can go forbhe same czse but in black and blue version

Ur build is nice further more u can get the sapphire r9 290 vapor-x faster, cooler and is black and blue the rest of the build is nice good luck

What can everyone say about the 

SAPPHIRE VAPOR-X R9 290 4GB GDDR5 TRI-X OC (UEFI)?

Looks really nice and is apparently the best R9 290. Is it worth the extra money?

What can everyone say about the 

SAPPHIRE VAPOR-X R9 290 4GB GDDR5 TRI-X OC (UEFI)?

Looks really nice and is apparently the best R9 290. Is it worth the extra money?

yea worth the money 

best cooler among the 290

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

yea worth the money 

best cooler among the 290

I can't find any prices on it for Australia.. Do you know if their are any?

I can't find any prices on it for Australia.. Do you know if their are any?

http://www.techbuy.com.au/p/318313/VIDEOCARDS_RADEON_R9_290/Sapphire/SA-R9290-4GD5-VAPORX.asp

found one

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.