Am I the only one who think a single gpu is not enough for 1440p?

Toto123456

Well,

I did run my single GTX780 Ti heavily overclocked with watercooling and a large custom built loop so throttling wasn´t a topic for my card at all. And I did have, for sure depending on the game, here and there massiv FPS drops in 1440p. Now with a GTX 780 Ti SLI the game has changed big time! That´s a whole new experience, and on top of that the new cards work a lot better in SLI... I can´t really feel the micro stuttering any more, so great :).

Sure thing most is playable with 1 GPU but doesn´t really satisfy me since FPS jump in some games occure from about 75 down to 25 depending on details and AA settings.

And let´s not forget this counts for 1440p @ 60Hz. Now with that being said, when the Asus RoG Swift will be released we are talking about 1440p @ 144Hz. All of you that think 1 Highend GPU can handle this (and yes I know there is Gsync coming with it for all nVidia users)... wake up that´s a dream ;) .

The only thing that is holding me back is its tn panel LOL but anyway i used to have the xl2420t and havent experience any stuttering issue due to its refresh rate being so high, i am wondering why peoples are so excited of this gsync monitor? But i know i wont benefit from it anyway coz my gpu is amd

Nope, I never really find AA interesting to me, it blurs an image and make them look soft and not sharp

BF is pretty easy to max anyway IMO

Can't believe 780ti can handles crysis 3 and MLL with AA 60fps, I find this hard to believe, did u watercooled and oc?

I can cf my 290x and watercooled for £754 total that is only £180 more than a single 780ti LOL

Dunno where you are buying your 780tis but thats £250 more than a single 780ti

Nope, I never really find AA interesting to me, it blurs an image and make them look soft and not sharp

BF is pretty easy to max anyway IMO

Can't believe 780ti can handles crysis 3 and MLL with AA 60fps, I find this hard to believe, did u watercooled and oc?

I can cf my 290x and watercooled for £754 total that is only £180 more than a single 780ti LOL

Your weird, AA just overall improves the image, to think different is just wrong, also crysis 3 and metro are some of the most hard games to run, you NEED SLI/CF to get above 60fps without sacrificing on in game settings.

Your weird, AA just overall improves the image, to think different is just wrong, also crysis 3 and metro are some of the most hard games to run, you NEED SLI/CF to get above 60fps without sacrificing on in game settings.

Not really, most forms of AA having a crawling or shimmering effect that some people can't stand. For most people it offers superior IQ, but for some it's not worth it.

5820K - ASUS X99-A - 16GB Corsair LPX - HD 7970 GHz - Qnix 1440p @ 96Hz - Waiting for Polaris/Pascal

Who runs games with max AA at 1440p? I play everything perfectly fine at 1440p with a 780 Classified. If you don't see a visual improvement then turn the stuff down because it's pointless.

I ran fine at 1440p with a GTX 680 2gb for over a year. Granted, I was only playing World of Tanks, but it ran Ultra settings with AA at ~ 50 - 60fps. I've since retired the 680, and replaced it with two EVGA 780 ti Dual Classifieds in order to push three ROG Swift pg278q's...whenever the come out, damnit... But I digress. 1440p is not that demanding. My two 780 ti Classy's don't even break a sweat. As soon as I can lay my hands on the new monitors, and Haswell E comes out, I'm putting everything on water, and will OC the shit out of these cards. Scoffers be damned, 7680x1440p here I come!!!

So got the r9 290x for about 5 weeks now. just ordered another used 290x from ebay and is on its way.

I game on a 1440p monitor while older games are perfect for this gpu, however 290x struggles to play at ultra on most AAA titles, it was okay though, the mojority of the time its running 60-90fps but there will be some scene where the game fps drop to 25-40fps which is pretty bad, I would rather play on a 1080p @ultra but have smooth gaming experience for the entire game.

some games like metro last light, metro 2033, watchdogs are also unplayable at 1440p.

if I know this before buying my pc, I probably stick with 1080p 144hz ultra, itx build, cpu air coolers, and a single r9 290(non x)

I have to say I kinda regret going for this set up, however I have already bought it so I really can't go back but going forward LOL!

who agree with me?

You're not crazy, you're just picky. I'm picky too.

I think you'll be a lot happier once you start running xfire... 1440p is worth it in my opinion.

I think its fine to have 1 GPU, as I generally don't play games at ultra unless I'm going to have a constant 60FPS when I have ultra on.

CPU AMD FX 8350 @5GHz. Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula Z. RAM 8GB G.Skill Sniper. GPU Reference Sapphire Radeon R9 290X. Case Fractal Design Define XL R2. Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD and 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K. PSU XFX 850BEFX Pro 850W 80+ Gold. Cooler XSPC RayStorm