Is bioshock broken for everyone too?

Marvzl1357

Hullo,

I bought bioshock a while ago and, naturally, I want to play the game.

It has a problem of crashing without fail every time I've tried to start it, like at the splashscreen, before it even enters the loading screen/logos etc.

All the other fixes I've tried have it running without sound, or running with sound but crashes as soon as I make an input, and just flat out doesn't help.

System is (laptop) windows 8, i7 4500u, gt 750m, drivers up to date etc. 

Anyone have this same problem?

Anyone know a fix?

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

No never had a problem.

Have that as well, try downloading (and messing around with) Virtual Audio Cable, before I reformatted I had it installed and had to use that to play the game. Never had issues on a laptop.

Have that as well, try downloading (and messing around with) Virtual Audio Cable, before I reformatted I had it installed and had to use that to play the game. Never had issues on a laptop.

ok, sure, do you remember what you did with VAC to get it to work

I have the same issue with worms reloaded on my pc, solution for me is to leave it alone for a while then it works mostly fine.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

I have the same issue with worms reloaded on my pc, solution for me is to leave it alone for a while then it works mostly fine.

I had a game that didn't work once, my solution was similar to yours too, never play it.

Huehue.

I had a game that didn't work once, my solution was similar to yours too, never play it.

Huehue.

How to fix a game in one easy step:

1. Don't find out it's broken by never playing it

~Fin

Maybe it's that strange CoD problem again.

In CoD 4 (I guess it was 4) my game crashed all the time on load.

The fix was very strange: I had to put my headset in, so the input/output jacks were connected (1/4" - not working with USB headsets).

It's a long shot, but maybe it'll help.

Maybe it's that strange CoD problem again.

In CoD 4 (I guess it was 4) my game crashed all the time on load.

The fix was very strange: I had to put my headset in, so the input/output jacks were connected (1/4" - not working with USB headsets).

It's a long shot, but maybe it'll help.

Actually, that was one of the proposed fixes on other forums, but I don't actually have a mic and I keep forgetting to buy one when I buy stuff

Just plug some else 1/4" into the jack. It doesn't actually have to work.

You might want to try different combinations, too (sound only, microphone only, sound + mic).

I had the same problem with Bioshock I just left it alone for a while and it ended up working fine.