Laptop that runs DayZ.

ThatFatMan1911

So I already have a PS4 and I don't need an expensive computer to run games anymore. However, I do want to play DayZ Standalone and the new upcoming Rust. Maybe some indie games on the side but I don't want to spend a lot of money. So does anyone know of a cheap laptop that will run the two on med. - high settings?

Now, you know what you can expect from these barbarians. They are a race of rabid BASTARDS that will fight us tooth and nail! But they don't know what they're up against. Cyrodiil, is CIVILIZATION! Cyrodiil, is ORDER! Cyrodiil is POWER! And out here, WE. ARE. CYRODIIL. 

DayZ is a very demanding and unoptimized game. You're going to need a really good laptop to play it. For the price, you could probably just build a PC.

DayZ,

be rendered by,

the TitanZ in the SLI

Mobile gamin'

with the ROG

pumpin' frames with the

JZ

Green team Fan boys

Word

Just kill me now

Gaming Rig: i5-3570k+H100i (4.3 ghz) | P8Z77-i Deluxe | MSI Twin Frozr 7950 Boost | HX650 | 1TB HGST | 840 Evo 250 GB

Are you ready to spend $1500+ on a laptop to play those games?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

My 4 year old PC can play DayZ SA at 8 FPS at Custom extremly low settings. 

That was running an AMD 2.4 GHZ Processor, and a HD 4200 Mobility.

Any modern Laptop with 2.5 GHZ + and an 750m or higher Should run it decently. 

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Are you ready to spend $1500+ on a laptop to play those games?

Nope I told you I'm not spending a lot of money.

Now, you know what you can expect from these barbarians. They are a race of rabid BASTARDS that will fight us tooth and nail! But they don't know what they're up against. Cyrodiil, is CIVILIZATION! Cyrodiil, is ORDER! Cyrodiil is POWER! And out here, WE. ARE. CYRODIIL. 

DayZ is a very demanding and unoptimized game. You're going to need a really good laptop to play it. For the price, you could probably just build a PC.

Guess I don't need it then.

Guess I don't need it then.

Could always sell the PS4 and buy an Actual Gaming Platform.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Well you said you wanted to play those games at medium to high settings, and a laptop that can do that will cost at least $1500...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

The point they are making, is that you'll need to spend 1.5K on a laptop, or, you could spend 800 on a desktop with similar performance. If you want to play DayZ, most will recommend a desktop :)

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

Could always sell the PS4 and buy an Actual Gaming Platform.

Nah its pretty fun. 

Well you said you wanted to play those games at medium to high settings, and a laptop that can do that will cost at least $1500...

Yeah and I didn't mean breaking the bank to do so.

Yeah and I didn't mean breaking the bank to do so.

Well you can probably run those games at minimum settings on any $500 laptop you can find. I don't think there are any ASUS ROG laptops that that price point though...sad...

Spoiler

Well you can probably run those games at minimum settings on any $500 laptop you can find. I don't think there are any ASUS ROG laptops that that price point though...sad...

Yeah oh well. I would have liked to play DayZ. But thats fine since everything is out of the budget. Not something that I need since I have a console.

my HP envy with an i3 at stock clock runs dayz SA at medium. dropped $680 on it but the game is still desaster status since its in alfa stills o a cheaper one later when the game is finished might make more sense

corsair 600t, msi z87-g45, intel 4770k, 16g patriot viper low-pro ram, asus direct cu2 780, crucial 256gig ssd, seagate baracuda 1tb,

Yeah oh well. I would have liked to play DayZ. But thats fine since everything is out of the budget. Not something that I need since I have a console.

If you had not bought a console you would have enough money to buy a PC that can play all those games...

Spoiler

If you had not bought a console you would have enough money to buy a PC that can play all those games...

It was a gift.

Didn't anyone like my rap D:

Gaming Rig: i5-3570k+H100i (4.3 ghz) | P8Z77-i Deluxe | MSI Twin Frozr 7950 Boost | HX650 | 1TB HGST | 840 Evo 250 GB

Didn't anyone like my rap D:

No.

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite