PLEASE HELP ME! Computer has no Internet, Audio, and doesn't find my External Harddrive

Go to solution Solved by dragoon20005,

How do I clear cmos?

take out the battery on the board

leave it without the battery for 5 mins

then place it back

Hey Guys.

So I think I may have messed up somewhere.

But what happened is that today I had overclocked my CPU, and I'm not sure what I had done, but when i went back to my windows 8.1 I can't connect to my internet with my networking card, so then I plugged in my Ethernet cord to get internet, yet still there's nothing. 

Then beside the internet icon is the audio icon. normally this would show my headphones but nothing is there.

So I decide that I will install the driver to my networking card to get wifi. When i try to plug my external harddrive to the computer in ANY of the many ports the disk management screen doesn't even have it on there. 
What should I do? Is this a motherboard problem? 

thanks 

p.s. I'm kind of in a rush to do things, especially since this is my only computer, and I have to use my phone now. My computer parts and motherboard are all in my signature

- LuckyDuckstr

CPU: AMD FX-9370 | CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D14 | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS CROSSHAIR V FORMULA-Z GPU: GIGABYTE GTX 770 (2GB) |RAM: G.SKILL RIPJAWS X  2x4GB 1866 | STORAGE: SAMSUNG 840 EVO (250GB) | CASENZXT H440 - Red & Black | PSU: XFX PRO XTR 80+GOLD (750W) | KEYBOARDDUCKY SHINE 3 CHERRY MX BLUE RED LED | MONITOR: AOC E2460SD | OS: WINDOWS 8.1 x64

Steam: LemonThongder Origin: LemonThongder

Looks like you have no drivers, download them from the phone (or another PC) and transfer them using 2.0 USB ports.

I've tried that using my external but it seems that none of my USB ports recognize it.

- LuckyDuckstr

CPU: AMD FX-9370 | CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D14 | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS CROSSHAIR V FORMULA-Z GPU: GIGABYTE GTX 770 (2GB) |RAM: G.SKILL RIPJAWS X  2x4GB 1866 | STORAGE: SAMSUNG 840 EVO (250GB) | CASENZXT H440 - Red & Black | PSU: XFX PRO XTR 80+GOLD (750W) | KEYBOARDDUCKY SHINE 3 CHERRY MX BLUE RED LED | MONITOR: AOC E2460SD | OS: WINDOWS 8.1 x64

Do you have the proper drivers installed?

I Have no drivers since I can't get Internet nor do I have an optical drive since I have an H440

- LuckyDuckstr

it may look like you might have disabled something in the BIOS

can you reset the BIOS using the clear CMOS button?

remember to set the HDD to AHCI mode

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

How do I clear cmos?

- LuckyDuckstr

it may look like you might have disabled something in the BIOS

can you reset the BIOS using the clear CMOS button?

remember to set the HDD to AHCI mode

Where could I find the ahci settings?

- LuckyDuckstr

How do I clear cmos?

then place it back

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

bios

Haha yeah i knew that, but I just didn't know where in the bios is it in?

- LuckyDuckstr

In that case reset whatever you did (set them to default)

and when you log back in,if its still the same,use system restore to a point where everything was fine 

or you can follow what the others said (this is the chicken way xD

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Haha yeah i knew that, but I just didn't know where in the bios is it in?

Every manufacturer makes bios/uefi different, and between motherboard series and models it can vary a lot, so you have to play with it a bit until you find the settings.

then place it back

When I do this,should i be taking it out when my computer is on and in the bios or when it's off. Or does it just not matter

- LuckyDuckstr

When I do this,should i be taking it out when my computer is on and in the bios or when it's off. Or does it just not matter

when the PC is OFF

In that case reset whatever you did (set them to default)

and when you log back in,if its still the same,use system restore to a point where everything was fine

Yeah i tried to restore from all pass points.but then all i got was the se result. So i ended up jsut reinstalling windows 8.1. But the problems still exist.

- LuckyDuckstr

when the PC is OFF

Ok ill do what you said and give you guys some feedback tomorrow.

- LuckyDuckstr

then place it back

Ok ill do what you said and give you guys some feedback tomorrow.

Thanks Dragoon2005, IT WORKED but now it seems that i may have to redo my overclock. but that's fine. thanks a lot for your help. :) 

- LuckyDuckstr