What product would you like to see us review that we haven't yet?

Slick
Message added by colonel_mortis

Suggestions should now be posted in

You can also post Tech Quickie suggestions in

Silverstone FT05!

It should be coming out in the next couple weeks. I've been eying thins case for months. Full ATX + Smallish Mid Tower + Great air flow + Quiet? Can it be true?

Hello, Linus I was wondering if you can do a review on a camera for me? Link to the camera is here: 

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Handycam-HDR-PJ540-Camcorder-Projector/dp/B00I8SKZZ6/ref=sr_1_5?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1411528585&sr=1-5

I doubt they will do a video on this camera as it is a few years old, but I might be able to help. I can't say much about the 540, but I used to do all my shooting on a 560. What I can say is this:

1) The projector is a gimmick. It is awful and you will likely never use it. It is super dim and can't give you a good idea of what you shot. If you can save money by getting it without the projector, do it.

2) It shoots good quality video for the price, however it is near impossible to upgrade.

3) this camera will out perform a DSLR if you are planning to do anything without a stabilizer.

4) A low end DSLR (I recommend the T3i) will out perform this camera in every other aspect. Also, a DSLR can be upgraded. There is always a better lens out there. A T3i with a Canon 50mm f/1.2L will do laps around even something like a 5D with a crappy off brand lens.

5) The additional lenses this comes with are called conversion lens. I don't recommend getting them unless you really need them. Basically, all they do is they either zoom your image more or zoom it out more, you will sacrifice quality. The camera already has 30x optical zoom. If you need to zoom more than that, you shouldn't be getting a camcorder.

6) The camera mounted lights are not that great. When shooting short films in high school, we always used cell phone LEDs if we needed a quick way to get a little extra light on the fly. Those, you can move around where ever. A camera mounted light is limited to being on the camera.

7) The mics on these cameras are sub par. Almost all built in mics are. Built in mics on the Handy Cams are okay, the ones on DSLRs are almost unusable.

8) UV filters are nice to have but not a have to have.

Unless you are shooting intense sports videos where you will be running with the camera or anything else with lots of sudden movement, I'm not a fan of the HandyCams. If you plan on doing short film, or even youtube reviews, or anything else where the camera will be under your complete control, I don't recommend this kit. For the same $715, I recommend this:

Used or refurbished Canon T3i with the stock lens or any other competing camera in this price range. Just make sure it can shoot video. Not all DSLRs can. ($450)

Tascam DR-100 Mark II (used). I swear by this thing. Still use mine to this day. Amazing mic for the price ($200)

A cheap tripod. Not the super low end, but the ones just above the super low end. ($40)

32 GB Class 10 SD card ($15)

An okay case ($10)

To keep this relevant to the original topic, Linus, I would love to see more film and video reviews from you and your team.

Edited for spelling

MacBook Pro with Retina Display...

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Oneplus one.

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

I'd love a run down of LinustTechTips "Best Mechanical Keboards" as well as "Best Open Ear Headphones" and "Best Gaming Headsets"
I also wanna see the cool shit under 100$ keep going (or whatever it's called hehe)

Loads of community interaction and CS:GO gameplay
www.twitch.tv/terosterone

create a software playlist and review useful software (a helpful shortcuts segment would be awesome!!)

Hey Guys I'm thinging about getting one too. I saw linus unbox one in a Wan show a vew weeks ago. But there is no review jet. Do you thing its coming or is it so crappy that Linus doesn't even want to film it?

Has anybody got one already and has some experiences to share?

Hi guys !

can you guys try and play some games with the BFG Ageia PhysX (the old ones compatible with it) to show us what was the benifit of that card at the time
i didnt had a chace to have one at the time . but i will be glad to see how does it perform . and how the game was changed by it
and why not showcasing it vs an Nvidia physix card . if there is any game who support both cards

Yhea , it's going to be hard for them to see this post.. Maybe tweet it to them

Different lighting options, like NZXT Hue, Phobya RGB Flexlights ect ect.

I am sure Linus wont see this, but I have been looking at some new PC parts, and the case I have been looking at (Aerocool X-Predator devil red) has no good English review I can find.

I was hoping for Linus to see this and maybe get one to review. If not :3, could someone refer me to a good, logical review of this.

Thanks, I hope someone can help. <3

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=25_547&products_id=21051

I've had an idea that I would love LMG to undertake. A completely passively cooled gaming PC. There are of course fanless PSU's, Cases, CPU Coolers, and GPUs. And I think it would make a phenomenal "Build a PC" guide video. 

So, what odd / unique video would you guys like to see LMG undertake?

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

For Linus:

medium_pickle.jpg

Food. I want to see what they would like to make and eat.

Nope he needs these:

i-plantain.jpg

An LMG staff orgy with a few midgets thrown in.

Well thats disturbing...

This is passively cooled?

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
                                                                                      :o 

they should build a pc while riding horses :D

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015