Xbox One. Just updated... Umm HTPC Thing

Laputacake

Hello all, I recentley had an idea to make a htpc using an old games console and was going to but an old NES. However it got sold before i was able to buy it and then i found an original xbox for £20 so i thought why not.

Parts so far:

Cpu: Intel Celeron G1820

Motherboard: Not yet :(

Ram: Not yet :(

SSD: Corsair Nova 60GB (in the post)

Case: Xbox 

Here are some pics of what ive done to the case:  <iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8Jka4/embed"></iframe>

Also give me some ideas on how to make this nicer:P

Steve

looks like this one is going to be pretty cool :)

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

The cats a nice touch. :)

Linus would approve.

might wanna rename the title Xbox Original, some people might get confused

like I did when I clicked on it. :P

I thought you had a XBOne and an update broke something. Seems pretty cool!

i'm a potato

I like this idea, ALOT. Can't wait to see the finished product. 

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Hello all, I recentley had an idea to make a htpc using an old games console and was going to but an old NES. However it got sold before i was able to buy it and then i found an original xbox for £20 so i thought why not.

Parts so far:

Cpu: Intel Celeron G1820

Motherboard: Not yet :(

Ram: Not yet :(

SSD: Corsair Nova 60GB (in the post)

Case: Xbox 

Here are some pics of what ive done to the case:  <iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8Jka4/embed"></iframe>

Also give me some ideas on how to make this nicer:P

Wouldn't any console count as old? :P

Like the Idea though.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Thanks for the support regarding the title it is the xbox one tus being the first its just that xbox dont know how to name things. And regarding the PSU a 300w tfx.  :P hopefully be able to order the mobo soon but a new mouse is a priourity hence the picture

Steve

At first I thought this was going to be a custom pc inside an XBone case, which I always wanted to see, but it turned out to be an Xbox Classic/Original, still nice to see though :)

It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!

At first I thought this was going to be a custom pc inside an XBone case, which I always wanted to see, but it turned out to be an Xbox Classic/Original, still nice to see though :)

i cant afford that 8S

Steve

i cant afford that 8S

Not cheap but totally worth it, here's a link to a XBone case[ http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-Black-Xbox-ONE-Console-Housing-Replacement-Faceplate-Shell-Original-/221390859630?pt=US_Video_Gaming_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item338bec6d6e:) Can't wait to see yours finished

It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!

Yes I would really like to see a build done in an Xbone case.  :wub:

Maybe when it doesnt cost the same as r9 290 :P

Steve

Can't just get the casing?

there arent any on ebay.

Steve

Aha, you got this going!  There are so many possibilities with this one, personally I think it would be really cool to change it up completely.  I would probably paint the exterior, likely something light, like a pearl/metallic white with maybe light grey accents?  Maybe you could try replacing the front start button with a touch sensitive button like on the 360 or One?  That would fit an updated look really well I think.  I've never really seen the appeal of simply whacking some new hardware into an old package, the novelty soon wears off.

Finished Projects: Loramentum, VesperModerne, ExsectusAetos

Current Project: Parvum Argentum

Aha, you got this going!  There are so many possibilities with this one, personally I think it would be really cool to change it up completely.  I would probably paint the exterior, likely something light, like a pearl/metallic white with maybe light grey accents?  Maybe you could try replacing the front start button with a touch sensitive button like on the 360 or One?  That would fit an updated look really well I think.  I've never really seen the appeal of simply whacking some new hardware into an old package, the novelty soon wears off.

Well as my next build is gonna be white and blue im gonna paint it white and the swap out the xbox green thing with my own thing in light blue  and nice idea about power button

Steve

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii