How to play NES/SNES/N64/GAMECUBE on HDMI/VGA/DVI?

Zanderb19

What do I need to convert composite to VGA, DVI or HDMI

I dont want to spend too much money (20 euro/30 usd)

That's just too much work if you already own the games just get an emulator and run on them on your PC.

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

That's just too much work if you already own the games just get an emulator and run on them on your PC.

no

I need this too, I own a NES but no TV with proper connectors.

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

buy an adapter

just go to amazon and find it

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

buy an adapter

just go to amazon and find it

I need to know which one is the best and is cheap

Not so sure about this one, it seems to be talking about it being a VGA to RCA rather than the other way. It might (and should) be reversible but doesn't specify.

Not so sure about this one, it seems to be talking about it being a VGA to RCA rather than the other way. It might (and should) be reversible but doesn't specify.

Well maybe they got the title wrong its most likely a person that doesnt speak english natively so u know how they can screw up. like the rca is female making it input and the vga is male making it output so i dont see why it wouldnt work doesnt look there is any sort of electronics helping it either so.

I wouldn't go the adapter route, odds are whatever you get will add heaps of input lag unless you spend a fair amount. And if you spend a fair amount there are other ways to get a similar result. The way I see it if you want it do it legit there are three options:

1. Get a new console with all the modern I/O: http://www.retron5.com/

It's a proper console clone with HDMI out and it'll play NES, SNES, Master System, Mega Drive, Gameboy, GBC and GBA games. It'll work and look much better than playing around with adapters. All up-scaled to 720p natively and played with the original controllers which you'll have to source yourself.

2. Get a Wii U

You're saying "that's dumb, I'd have to buy the games again" and you'd be right. But if you had a Wii U you'd have access to a fairly reasonable library of NES, SNES and GBA titles in the eShop running natively. Through the Wii Shop nested deeper in the thing you can get more NES and SNES but you also get access to N64, Master System, Mega Drive, TurboGrafx, Neo Geo and Arcade games. Plus if you want a copy of something like Earthbound it's right there, legitimately and for a hell of a lot less than sourcing a physical copy. You also get a Wii U out of it for Smash/Kart etc

3. Get an early model Wii with GC support and source a Wii VGA cable

Same as the Wii U option above but with VGA rather than HDMI out, the loss of some of the Wii U only VC stuffs (i.e. Earthbound) but with Gamecube support. Of the three it's almost surely the cheapest legit option and it's also the only one that gives you Gamecube support. The main drawback is that you have to rely on your TV/Monitor scalers rather than the higher end, retro gaming optimised ones built into the dedicated hardware. Not to mention that you can't exactly buy this stuffs off-the-shelf anymore. AFAIK they discontinued the early models in favour of the stripped down GC-less models quite a few years ago.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

What do I need to convert composite to VGA, DVI or HDMI

I dont want to spend too much money (20 euro/30 usd)

what console do you own