WATERCOOLED PC DESK MOD WITH CAR SOUND SYSTEM

imfaceroll

What's the point of watter cooling your hard drives?

There is none, but hey, overkill so why not

I have one question... your perspex looks rather rough around the edges... how much time did you allocate to smoothing them out? e.g. cross-filing, draw-filing, sanding, wet & dry paper, polish? That or my eyes are playing tricks on me. Otherwise, awesome!

INTEL i5 4670 (non-K) | MSI H81I | XFX Black Edition R9 280 | SAMSUNG 840 EVO 120GB

Seasonic M12II EVO 620W | SEAGATE Barracuda 2TB

CRUCIAL Ballistix Sport 8GB | CM Elite 130

That price... Amazing  :D 

Looking forward to your progress

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558

Looks fantastic. Can't wrap my head around the cost but it really does look great. Nice work.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

Haha I actually thought the acrylic turned out very well =D

There is none, but hey, overkill so why not

I have one question... your perspex looks rather rough around the edges... how much time did you allocate to smoothing them out? e.g. cross-filing, draw-filing, sanding, wet & dry paper, polish? That or my eyes are playing tricks on me. Otherwise, awesome!

That price... Amazing :D

Looking forward to your progress

Thanks mate appreciate it

Thanks, I guess I have a new buildlog to do :3

Haha yea I think you can get it in white red blue and green aswell

Where's the floppy drive, no computer is complete without a floppy drive :( Just trolling lol, this is f@!king amazing dude!

Btw. How do you manage to power the soundsystem?

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

Where's the floppy drive, no computer is complete without a floppy drive :( Just trolling lol, this is f@!king amazing dude!

hahaha cheers mate =)

Btw. How do you manage to power the soundsystem?

I have the head unit and two 4inch speakers connected to 1 of the computer power supplies in the desk and the amplifier and subwoofer have an external power supply.

nice

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

I have the head unit and two 4inch speakers connected to 1 of the computer power supplies in the desk and the amplifier and subwoofer have an external power supply.

How much does it pull from the wall? :D

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

How much does it pull from the wall? :D

Haha im not sure id want to know

Thank you all for the support. Progress will be up tomorrow

Im puking rainbows because of that sick setup and lighting. 0.0

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

Interesting... I'll have to bookmark this.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

nice build, but i have a few questions...

why please why the fusion speakers.... their sq is not that good (though i like the jbl's!).

and have you hooked up the amp and deck to an old psu, cause they are a heavy load on a computer psu. the amperages that they wil use will vary a lot and a pc psu has a difficult time handeling that.

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace

why please why the fusion speakers.... their sq is not that good (though i like the jbl's!).

and have you hooked up the amp and deck to an old psu, cause they are a heavy load on a computer psu. the amperages that they wil use will vary a lot and a pc psu has a difficult time handeling that.

I didn't notice whilst reading through, but is he using some sort of capacitor to smooth out power draw from the psu? They do this in cars a lot to save the intermittent heavy draw on the alternator. I know I need one, cuz at night I can see my headlights dim when the bass hits... :unsure:

"I have not seen everything and anything is possible" - J. Guru

I didn't notice whilst reading through, but is he using some sort of capacitor to smooth out power draw from the psu? They do this in cars a lot to save the intermittent heavy draw on the alternator. I know I need one, cuz at night I can see my headlights dim when the bass hits... :unsure:

Well i think you'll need a bigger alternator or an extra battery but that's for a different topic

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace

You have to remember we are inside a house and we have a pc right above the sub, so there is no point buying the ultimate when the bass will not be running like you would in a car, plus i love the green and black because it suits the build and i had this spare anyway. The AMP and Subwoofer have their own separate external supplies built to handle them =) Thank you for your kind words =)

i have seperate power supplies built to handle the bass and drops. =) These power supplies are not PC power supplies.

So, i have received my last parcel in the mail and i have put the PC inside the desk and wired everything up. I am so happy with how it looks. I still have to wait till tomorrow for the glass top of the desk and i will also be putting the UV green Mayhem's dye in, so hopefully i can post some more progress shots within the next few days. After all of that is done i can get the monitors going and turn the computer on after 24 hours of leak testing. Once 100% complete i will post a load of images on here for all to see, cheers

Progress shots:

These shots are of how messy the cables were before i put the elevated platform in the desk.

post-107908-0-22817400-1406344948.jpg

These pictures are of the desk as it stands today. Iv also taken some pictures under the different lighting options and i am very happy with the look of the desk. Dont mind the mess under the desk, that will be cleaned tomorrow before the glass guys get here.

post-107908-0-66661800-1406345016_thumb.

post-107908-0-84537300-1406345034.jpg

post-107908-0-65619400-1406345051.jpg

post-107908-0-32568000-1406345078.jpg

post-107908-0-97193300-1406345097.jpg

post-107908-0-72922500-1406345128.jpg

post-107908-0-69394600-1406345166.jpg

post-107908-0-13323000-1406345183.jpg

post-107908-0-84280600-1406345195.jpg

So.. I managed to fill the loop yesterday and ran into some problems. I filled the loop and had it running for around 2 hours when i noticed liquid all over the motherboard. 
Straight away i turned the pumps off and had to take everything apart to clean the motherboard and dry it off. I drained the loop to do just that.

When everything was taken out of the desk i took apart the Asus maximus VI formula motherboard to dry it out and observe where the source of the leak had occurred. This is what i found..

post-107908-0-72032500-1406345325_thumb.

As you can see in the image above, the motherboard water block looks as if the coolant has leaked through the seal, 
so i decided instead of returning the product for a new one, i might try tighten the seal and dry out the motherboard.

post-107908-0-29565100-1406345355_thumb.

The picture above is of the motherboard with the back plate and thermal armor removed as well as all of the thermal blocks and the CPU. 
It was essential that all of the liquid was dried and removed so it was necessary to remove all of these components to prevent a short circuit when i powered the PC on. 
I wired up a fan to a small 12v power adapter and placed it over the CPU and RAM slots to dry out any liquid that found its way into the gaps. I also borrowed my sisters hair drier to speed up the drying process.

post-107908-0-67238100-1406345385_thumb.

Above is testing the components to see if they all still work after letting everything dry for 8 hours or so. I had removed the CPU water block to let the CPU slot dry so when it came to testing whether the components worked or not i had to reinstall some thermal grease on my delidded CPU and on the thermal copper plate and use the stock air cooler. 

The PC powered up fine and everything worked. While i had the computer on i decided to check the CPU temperatures because i had delidded the CPU and put my own thermal grease on. 
Previous core temperatures ranged from 34-37 degrees Celsius, the new temperatures ranged from 18-21 degrees Celsius with the stock cooler, so i was very happy with them results.

post-107908-0-47638500-1406345413.jpg

The picture above is of the refill and previous leak area, so far so good. Another possible cause of the leakage around that area is where the fittings screw into the motherboard water block. 
I have since installed some extender fittings into the motherboard and then screwed the compression fittings into those. 
The reason for this is the compression fittings are a lot wider and i believe that the design of the motherboard water block was preventing them from screwing down all the way, therefore creating a leakage area. 
I have highlighted the problem areas below. These areas are sticking up preventing the compression fitting from screwing in all the way.

post-107908-0-84181800-1406345439_thumb.

As of this moment i have put everything back into the desk and i am leak testing overnight, so far the problem areas have been fixed. I will be uploading more progress very shortly.