If you had all the money in thr world

SirNumbers

What would be youre audio setup

Fedex Ground must be on Horse back, It took 7 days to go 200 miles

I would have a live band fuck speakers. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

8d2064aaa80504b2674052686523f157d1eed2bd

Build: CPU: Intel Core i5 4690k | CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: 8GB G-Skill Ares 1600Mhz CL9 | Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + WD Blue 1TB 64MB Cache + Seagate Barracuda 2TB 64MB Cache | GPU: MSI GTX 960 | Case: Cooler Master Storm Enforcer | Power Supply: EVGA 600B Non-Modular | 

Whatever is the most comfortable pear of headphones with a decently long cable (15ish feet)

Logitech G130 as opposed to my current H130

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

If I had all the money in the world the world would be a pretty shit place to live.

I should have worded this question better. Especially in a tech forum which has relatively smart people

Fedex Ground must be on Horse back, It took 7 days to go 200 miles

If you could afford any audio setup you wanted, what would it be.  

If you could afford any audio setup you wanted, what would it be.  

Better wording, presently 1R's, realistically, 7506's 

Martin Logan speakers of course

Probably a bunch of old stuff. An old stack system with a 30+ band EQ like i had a few years ago.

I can't remember what i had in detail but it had some panasonic parts

Here's an example (yes i know it's a harman/kardon system) 

108_1863_zps182a86ce.jpg

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I think I would redesign my sub and see if I can't make it a bit smaller (currently it's 1.2 x 0.9 x 0.5M) ,  maybe replace some of the room treatment with slightly thicker foam, Too many mids are bouncing around.

Install a soundproof wall just outside the theatre so the neighbors don't complain about the rumble.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Probably a bunch of old stuff. An old stack system with a 30+ band EQ like i had a few years ago.

I can't remember what i had in detail but it had some panasonic parts

Here's an example (yes i know it's a harman/kardon system) 

108_1863_zps182a86ce.jpg

that takes me back, nostalgia ^_^

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Speakers? Fuck knows...

Headphones? the best wireless money can buy. I have already ruined 2 wired sets by running over them with my chair.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Speakers? I don't know enough about 1k+ speakers to know. 

Headphone? I'd have HD800 + LCD x or LCD 3 with O2/dac. Add Alpha Dogs and HE-6, because when I tried them, I thought they were fun to play with. Add STAX009 because baller.

Might have to get an amp setup that allows for multiple headphones to play at the same time. For ABXing sessions which I just might do for fun. And for quickly changing headphones without having to flip a switch at all.

I actually like speakers too, so I wouldn't just randomly grab an expensive speaker either.

YMMV

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

that takes me back, nostalgia ^_^

All it's missing is a fullsize lp player on top^^ 

I dont understand what the manufacturers were thinking when they stopped making most of them. Fullsize lp is still in use today

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Probably a pair of Burmester B80 w/ a S8 Sub. With an oriental makassar finish ofc.

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

CD-player: Naim CD555 + 555PS PSU

Turntable: Linn Limited Edition Sondek LP12 + Naim Armageddon PSU

Preamp: Naim NAC552 + 552PS PSU

Poweramp: Naim NAP500 + 500PS PSU

Phono amp: Naim Superline + Naim SuperCap PSU

Headphone amp: Naim Headline + Naim SuperCap PSU

Speakers: ProAc Carbon Pro 8 or Tannoy Westminster Royal

Headphones: Sennheiser Orpheus and Sennheiser HD800

For computer use I'd probably get seven Genelec 8260As and a Genelec 7271A subwoofer.

All of the money? I would create a company made of elite engineers to make the most perfect, balanced, beautifully made pair of headphones in the history of forever. Plus a nice $1M amp, and I'd be set. Well, naw, I'd need a set of $10M speakers, and a ridiculously amazing mic, just for kicks. And use the Shure Se846 for some giveaways on here.

Headphone? I'd have HD800 + LCD x or LCD 3 with O2/dac. Add Alpha Dogs and HE-6, because when I tried them, I thought they were fun to play with. Add STAX009 because baller.

Might have to get an amp setup that allows for multiple headphones to play at the same time. For ABXing sessions which I just might do for fun. And for quickly changing headphones without having to flip a switch at all.

I actually like speakers too, so I wouldn't just randomly grab an expensive speaker either.

YMMV

Yeah because you will have enough power to drive the HE-6 with an O2... NOT! You will need around 6 Watt to drive those, which the O2 definitely does not supply, not even at high gain...

STAX SR009 are electrostatic, which means you will need an amp specific for that, with unlimited funds, and I would choose those I would probably go with something like the Blue Hawaii amplifier for those. That thing is a beast.

I would love to listen to the Sennheiser Orpheus some day, but if I had all the money in the world I would probably have multiple set ups for each their own use. Some headphone excel at some genres that others don't. Then there is the whole deal with synergy between the headphone and the amplifier, and most likely there would be an end to the madness.

Don't get me started on speaker setups, I would probably spend more money on room treatment or actually building the perfect listening room rather than on the sound equipment itself.

Hmmmmmm that's a tough one.  I love my LCD-2's to death, but I would most likely buy multiple different pairs of headphones + amps.

I've been eyeballing the DNA tube amps for awhile, gorgeous IMO.

I would definitely get a pair of LCD-3's + HD800 + LCD-XC, HE-6 and probably lots of lower-tier stuff with random sound signatures for funsies.

I would also buy a pair of LCD-2's to ship @ShearMe so I don't have to ship him mine so he can try them xD

I may venture into the SR-009 + blue hawaii SE, but not sure.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

YMMV

Alo audio studio six buddy !

also hi buddy :^)

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089