Is mining profitable?

My friend lives in finland and wants to mine. He has unlimited electricity and could do it 24/7 (if needed). How much would he make? (a week or month)

† TTCF Member † Jesus loves you! Have a good day and stay techie!

Nope, not anymore

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

Nope, not anymore

like not at all?

like not at all?

Have you seen today's bitcoin prices?

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

Nope

He also has two 295x

Totally died off. You missed the craze which was like, never.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

You can join the folding team

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

If you're patient it's still profitable.  Just because a few coins + algorithms went downhill doesn't mean mining is "dead". 

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

With how difficult it is to mine now (you'd need some serious horsepower to get anything done), and the amount of electricity you're going to be using, I'd doubt you'd be making anything that's worth investing your money in mining bitcoin. Maybe try some other currency, but other than that, I don't really think it's worth it.

$614. What about it? 

It's decently stable as of now.

af57d4124e.png

It isn't completely dead. You may have missed the ideal window of opportunity, but under the right circumstances it can be profitable.

However, I'm no professional, so I may be talking bollocks.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

He also has two 295x

ASICs are the way to go, not GPU's anymore.

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

$614. What about it? 

It's decently stable as of now.

af57d4124e.png

Well that's good news

Nope, it's all done for now.

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

Come one guys how many of you posting about mining being dead actually has experience in the mining scene? 

Mining is still alive and isn't dying any time soon.... Yes its still profitable especially if you have free power. I'm no longer dabbling in cyrptocurrencies but I can assure you mining is still very much alive. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Come one guys how many of you posting about mining being dead actually has experience in the mining scene? 

Mining is still alive and isn't dying any time soon.... Yes its still profitable especially if you have free power. I'm no longer dabbling in cyrptocurrencies but I can assure you mining is still very much alive. 

I'm not saying that it's completely dead, it's fading out. Still, think about it, if you invest in a rig for mining is it worth it? 

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

Look for a script based coin that has high amounts of trade traffic. Bitcoins are indeed dead for GPU mining. I mined litecoins for about 4 months and came out mildly ahead with a 280x while paying for power. 

Nope, not anymore

too late buddy

too late bro.

Totally died off. You missed the craze which was like, never.

Save time and money don't mine!

Nope, it's all done for now.

http://isbitcoindead.com/

NO