Phanteks CPU Cooler

Vicente Gomez

I am planing on getting a Phanteks Enthoo Pro case. What cpu cooler from Phanteks should I get to match the case?

The Phanteks PH-TC14PE is a great CPU cooler, it's a tiny bit better than the Noctua NH-D14

The black one?

PHTC14PE_intro_small.jpg

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

The black one?

PHTC14PE_intro_small.jpg

I love the look of this one. Would suit the Enthoo Pro nicely.

The Phanteks PH-TC14PE is a great CPU cooler, it's a tiny bit better than the Noctua NH-D14

It's not considering the noise vs the D14

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

It's actually quite quiet. Not as quiet as Noctua, but not too far off. I have the smaller brother of the TC14 and it's wonderful. Comes in all sorts of colors too :D

If you are getting an Enthoo Pro and going with air cooling and want a cooler to match the case....... There is only one

bequietDRP3_spc.jpg

Dark Rock Pro 3.  In the US pick it up at NCIX.com

• 2 weeks later...

If you are getting an Enthoo Pro and going with air cooling and want a cooler to match the case....... There is only one

bequietDRP3_spc.jpg

Dark Rock Pro 3.  In the US pick it up at NCIX.com

why?

It consistently performs better at COOLING than the D14. Aestically, with the color options for the phanteks cpu coolers, it certainly LOOKS better out of the box.

If the noise levels are the primary criteria for choosing a CPU cooler, then yes, the Nocuta D14 is going to be quieter.

if you are into looks, the TC14PE_BK is the way to go, the NH-D14 looks

out-of-place with the bright finish and beige fans. as soon as i got my D14

mounted, i took it off, no disrespect to Noctua, but not in the Pro.

Wait for the Cooler Master Seidon 240M for hit $50-$60 again on Newegg.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

+1 to the TC14PE_BK 

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558

why?

Picture that heat sink through the window of the enthoo.  

Its kinda like looking at a 21 year old Jessica Alba.  If you do not get it,  you just do not get it  ;)

Picture that heat sink through the window of the enthoo.  

Its kinda like looking at a 21 year old Jessica Alba.  If you do not get it,  you just do not get it  ;)

Or just tape a picture of Jessica Alba to the side window.