Ubiquiti UAP-LR 10/100 Ethernet Port - 802.11n 300Mbps

ericks_comp

Has anyone try the Ubiquiti UAP-LR?? I'm looking into it. but notices that the it only has a 10/100 Ethernet Port! 

So the question is... even though it has 802.11n to a max of 300Mbps, it will actually never go over 100Mbps because of the Ethernet port right??? 

https://store.ubnt.com/unifi/unifi-ap-25.html

ur not going to get anything near 300Mbps 

afaik there isnt even a single wireless N router than can achieve over 100mbps down speeds

anyways here is a benchmark

ubnt-uap-lr_benchmarks.jpg

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I'm not sure if the UniFi AP has a bridge mode, but without that functionality, relying completely on the 10/100 LAN link, then yeah, 300Mbs is not going to happen for internet, but for internal network file transfers over it, then yeas, theoretically.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section

The only way you'll hit more than 100Mbps on N is if you were hammering both the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz radios at the same time. However you're talking about a single band N300 2.4Ghz AP. As mentioned the smallnetbuilder benchmarks of this it only hit ~68Mbps maximum in any one direction, which is about what you'd expect for N300. The impressive thing about this particular AP is how long it sustained that speed for.

Personally I'd only really start worrying about the limits of 100Mbps Ethernet on wireless throughput when you start to move into AC APs. Even the theoretical "everyone is hammering it" 70Mbps x2 you might hit on N600 probably won't ever happen. How many times are two wireless devices going to need sustained 70Mbps+ at the same time? It's only with AC1200 that you start to go beyond 100Mbps.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

I am using Unifi products but standart, not long range in more than 40 hotels for guest acces. Their advantage is that they can support many connected active devices at the same time without any problems. The speed for one or few devices is standart - nothing special but also notting to complain about.