Sell PS4 or keep...

aricleather

**PLEASE READ FIRST

This is going to be a controversial thread, I believe.

Before I was a PC gamer, I was a peasant of course. Loved Call of Duty and all that. For Christmas in 2013 I got a PS4. It was all I wanted. I wanted to play BF4 and CoD: Ghosts and Killzone. 2 months later, I made my first upgrade to my PC and started PC gaming. Now I have a whole new PC. Every part is new.

Now I have a PS4 sitting on my dresser. I use it sometimes to watch Netflix and Youtube from my bed, but my Wii U can do that. I am definitely keeping my Wii U.

There are multiple options, all I would be completely happy with, but I'd like everyone's opinion. I don't know why, but it's such a hard choice:

1. Keep the console.

There are many exclusives (both out and coming out) for the PS4. These include Destiny, Infamous, Uncharted, and many others. Not many of my friends are PC gamers. In fact, most of them "game" on a Mac. So whenever they come over we usually play my PS4. I do have a Wii U and Mario and Nintendo Party is really fun to play with all my friends, so that doesn't really matter. I would like to get a chance to play some of these titles, Destiny at least.

2. Sell the console, upgrade PC

This will probably be the most appealing to people. I could sell this thing for a little less than retail price and replace my 750 Ti. A 280, or maybe even higher. Basically I'm selling weak performance for high performance.

3. Sell the console, build a cheap HTPC

I've wanted a HTPC for a while. I could get a wireless keyboard and enjoy content from my bed. It would be much better than using a PS4 for the same purpose. Although, I still find upgrading my PC a better option.

4. Sell PS4, save

Who knows what I could use the money for? Say some new awesome game comes out and I have $350 laying around. Sure! Or what if the new GPUs from Nvidia or AMD come out this year? Then I can do an upgrade.

Build: CPU: Intel Core i5 4690k | CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: 8GB G-Skill Ares 1600Mhz CL9 | Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + WD Blue 1TB 64MB Cache + Seagate Barracuda 2TB 64MB Cache | GPU: MSI GTX 960 | Case: Cooler Master Storm Enforcer | Power Supply: EVGA 600B Non-Modular | 

-snip-

i would say keep console, for the Metal Gear Solid V Phantom Pain, but if you dont care about phantom pain or other exclusive console things, then i will choose the sell ps4, and save, you can save for a better gpu, i think a 770 or maybe a 290, well those are my choices

PC Specs: Case Corsair Vengeance C70 - CPU i7-4770K @3.5Ghz - MOBO Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H - RAM HyperX Fury 2x8GB @1600Mhz - GPU MSI VENTUS RTX 2080 SUPER - HDD Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB, Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB, WD Black 4TB - PSU EVGA 750 G2 - Display Samsung S22C150 - CPU Cooler CM 212 Hyper EVO - Mouse Steelseries Sensei 310 - Current Wattage by pcpartpicker: 387W.

Keep it, you never know when an exclusive game will hit your interest.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

Keep it. Selling it used means you'd get less than you paid for it anyway, and eventually you're going to want to buy a PS4 when more games out. And don't forget, as far as console exclusives go (Destiny, Metal Gear Solid V, etc), the PS4 is the superior way to play them. So if you want the better resolution, frame-rate and graphics for console-only multiplats, a PS4 is great to have.

The end of this year and then 2015 is looking great to own a PS4. Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, WWE 2K15 (if you're into that, lol), LittleBigPlanet 3, DriveClub, InFamous DLC, No Man's Sky.