Nvidia over AMD?

xXButchXx

Maybe they just use what they can get?

Until recently premiere etc didn't use OpenCL.

Neither are better than the other. One just might have a better card than another at once price point.

I would call it fanboy syndrome, belive it or not. As linus and other may suggest and show that performance per $ AMD wins all the way, they can't sleep at night knowing that they can have the lasted and the "best" product out there. It's a sickens. There are tons of ppl having it. Just going for the name and being the "best" and having the lasted stuff. Is rly hard, becuz now tech is giving us tons and tons of things, every day, and they heart presure raise when new cards are coming out, new mobo's etc.. and i'm saying this, cuz I've been talking with ppl all over the E.U, and who owns big shops, and this is what they explained to me. It make sense from any point of vew. The r9 290x kills  780ti and titan in whatever your work may be, and is a $330-$500 card.,when nvidia 780ti - $815 and titan-$1,100+ BUT I my self, if I had linus money or others youtubers money, I would OBVIOUSLY go for nvidia, just becuz of the name and show.

Depends on what you prefer.

If you want quiet cards, go Nvidia.

If you want awesome performance/price ratio, go AMD.

The aftermarket card from AMD are very quite even more so than nvidia. Aftermarket for aftermarket brand for brand nvidia and AMD are both equally quite. Your invalid when you try and claim that a shit reference cooled AMD card makes more noise than a properly cooler nvidia card. We already know that AMD failed when using a shitty old blower cooler design from many years ago and fitted to there current GPU.

Why is it that the major tech youtubers use Nvidia graphics cards over AMD in their personal rigs?

- Linus uses 2 GTX Titans in SLI

- Slick uses a single GTX 780

- Austin Evans uses 2 GTX 780's in SLI

- Logan from Tek Syndicate uses a single GTX 780 ti

- Paul from Newegg uses a single GTX 770 4gb

- Jayztwocents uses 2 GTX 780's in SLI

- Elric from techoftomorrow uses Nvidia

- Kyle from newegg uses Nvidia

Does anybody know why this is the case? I'd really like to know.

PIstol from teksyndicate use the r9 290x. just so u know we have some competition going on

Check benchmarks and price lol

r9-290 is better then a 780 at most games and they are the same price. Check your budget.

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

r9-290 is better then a 780 at most games and they are the same price. Check your budget.

290 is even cheaper and faster than 780 .... OH SNAP !

Yeah, unfortunately I made the mistake of getting a 770 4gb instead of a 290 :( (they were the same price)

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 | Motherboard: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 8gb (2x4gb) Corsair LP @1600mhz | GPU: Asus TUF GTX 1660 OC 6GB | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 | Storage: 250gb Samsung 840 EVO and 1TB WD Black 7200rpm | PSU: Corsair CX750M | Display: Asus VG245H 1920x1080 | Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO and default case fans | Laptop: Early 2015 13" Macbook Pro Retina - i5 2.7Ghz - 256GB SSD

Yeah, unfortunately I made the mistake of getting a 770 4gb instead of a 290 :( (they were the same price)

LOL sorry for your luck ;-(

ah it dont matter. Just enjoy what you have, end of the day all your doing is gaming and a 770 is quite good :)

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

ah it dont matter. Just enjoy what you have, end of the day all your doing is gaming and a 770 is quite good :)

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 | Motherboard: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 8gb (2x4gb) Corsair LP @1600mhz | GPU: Asus TUF GTX 1660 OC 6GB | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 | Storage: 250gb Samsung 840 EVO and 1TB WD Black 7200rpm | PSU: Corsair CX750M | Display: Asus VG245H 1920x1080 | Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO and default case fans | Laptop: Early 2015 13" Macbook Pro Retina - i5 2.7Ghz - 256GB SSD

LOL sorry for your luck ;-(

IKR I wasn't aware of it until I actually built my system... Oh well I'll just wait for the R9 3XX series, it's supposed to be insane.

IKR I wasn't aware of it until I actually built my system... Oh well I'll just wait for the R9 3XX series, it's supposed to be insane.

Yup I am alao excited about the potential Mantle has.
You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

Doesnt Logan now use an 290x now? Or maybe he was using it in a different rig for something.

Im sure most of them use Nvidia for the CUDA benefits while editing and encoing. The cards running a bit cooler and quieter probably helps a bit too.

I know that Adobe CC is supporting openCL now, but there hasnt been a direct comparison with the cards yet. Ive seen the 290x vs a gtx 760 and the difference was the 290x being 6 seconds faster. Tek Syndicate has a video that is 290x vs 780 ti, but not really because its two whole seperate rigs, but in that one the 780ti was a lot faster for editing/rendering.

Im about to buy a 780ti or 290x and from my research, cuda is still the better option for Adobe. So im going with the 780ti. Plus ill enjoy it being a bit better in gaming, and ill really like it being cooler and quiet.

I have personally used NVidia Graphics cards in my primary system for as long as I can remember. That doesn't mean that I don't own and haven't used AMD before. 

A couple things for the record. 

1. The idea that we (or at least I) were given NVIDIA cards by NVIDIA to further a "Bandwagon" mentality is simply ludicrous. I don't even have a contact over at NVIDIA

2. CUDA rendering coupled with amazing h.264 encoder allows me to render videos faster than real time. Just look at my instgram, I even showed how fast my latest video is rendering. 10min video rendered in less than 4 minutes in HD. 

3. When all is said and done, I can only have 1 brand in my PC and since I am now using 5760x1080p setup, I trust SLI and NVSurround a whole lot more than Eyefinity for stability and compatibility with games

For what its worth, you shouldn't worry as much about what any one of us are using, and do like I do, subscribe to the "what works best for you" mentality

Doesnt Logan now use an 290x now? Or maybe he was using it in a different rig for something.

Im sure most of them use Nvidia for the CUDA benefits while editing and encoing. The cards running a bit cooler and quieter probably helps a bit too.

I know that Adobe CC is supporting openCL now, but there hasnt been a direct comparison with the cards yet. Ive seen the 290x vs a gtx 760 and the difference was the 290x being 6 seconds faster. Tek Syndicate has a video that is 290x vs 780 ti, but not really because its two whole seperate rigs, but in that one the 780ti was a lot faster for editing/rendering.

Im about to buy a 780ti or 290x and from my research, cuda is still the better option for Adobe. So im going with the 780ti. Plus ill enjoy it being a bit better in gaming, and ill really like it being cooler and quiet.

Nope Logan has a 780-Ti. before that he had a 780.

The reason why Logans rig was faster in rendering, is because he has a 4930K six core 12 threads, which can do more workload at the same time, then Pistols FX9590 8 core.

this has nothing to do with cuda or what so ever. ;)

Editing / rendering with open CL is great  if not better then cuda, depending on the software you use for it.

Adobe premiere now days adopted open CL, and thats makes both AMD and Nvidia cards, verywell suitable for this apllication.

Sony Vegas does work better with open CL, so in that case i would recommend a AMD card.

Blender works on CUDA so for that Nvidia is the obvious choice.. etc etc.

So yeah wenn it comes to video editing / rendering, it just highly depends on the software you use for it. 

Still for rendering, a decent cpu makes more sense.

Wenn it comes to gaming, the GTX780Ti is the fastest single gpu on the market right now, there is nothing to argue about, if you just want the best performance, and dont care to pay the extra price then the 780Ti is just your card.

But its obvious, that everything below the 780Ti, AMD offers the best bang for buck.

Especialy the R9-290.

This offcourse does not mean, that an 780/770/760 or what not is a bad buy.

That is just a personal thing.

Like JayzTwoCents says.

Just buy the card, that works best for you, and makes you feel the most comfortable with.

Both Nvidia and AMD have theire pro´s and con´s, just buy what works best for you!!

Grtz Sintezza ;)

They are all Nvidia Fanboys.  jk please don't kill me

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Nope Logan has a 780-Ti. before that he had a 780.

Grtz Sintezza ;)

Must of been confusing myself with their Ocelot video. I think they put a 290x in that build.

I was going back and forth for a while between the 290x and 780 ti, with my main focus being on what they can do to shorten my rendering times, then gaming right behind that. Couldnt go by the Tek video cause it was two completely different machines, but the other video was a little more telling. 290x vs gtx 760 and the results were practically the same. Even though I am a bit biased towards Amd/Ati I started thinking of everything else the 780ti offers and just had to go with it.

Just need to find a good deal on one. Going for the MSI gaming model, have one for $680 but im going to give it a little longer before pulling the trigger.

Must of been confusing myself with their Ocelot video. I think they put a 290x in that build.

I was going back and forth for a while between the 290x and 780 ti, with my main focus being on what they can do to shorten my rendering times, then gaming right behind that. Couldnt go by the Tek video cause it was two completely different machines, but the other video was a little more telling. 290x vs gtx 760 and the results were practically the same. Even though I am a bit biased towards Amd/Ati I started thinking of everything else the 780ti offers and just had to go with it.

Just need to find a good deal on one. Going for the MSI gaming model, have one for $680 but im going to give it a little longer before pulling the trigger.

Well i am a moderator on Tek.

But Logan did never had a 290x in his machine, Pistol has a 290x in her system.

Like i said in editing / rendering, it depends on your software. cuda or open cl.

But a more beefy cpu makes more sense for rendering. cause GPU does not help that much.

I have personally used NVidia Graphics cards in my primary system for as long as I can remember. That doesn't mean that I don't own and haven't used AMD before.

A couple things for the record.

1. The idea that we (or at least I) were given NVIDIA cards by NVIDIA to further a "Bandwagon" mentality is simply ludicrous. I don't even have a contact over at NVIDIA

2. CUDA rendering coupled with amazing h.264 encoder allows me to render videos faster than real time. Just look at my instgram, I even showed how fast my latest video is rendering. 10min video rendered in less than 4 minutes in HD.

3. When all is said and done, I can only have 1 brand in my PC and since I am now using 5760x1080p setup, I trust SLI and NVSurround a whole lot more than Eyefinity for stability and compatibility with games

For what its worth, you shouldn't worry as much about what any one of us are using, and do like I do, subscribe to the "what works best for you" mentality

It's almost like he knows what he's talking about...

Project Insomnia

CPU: Intel i5 4670K @ 4.6 GHz.   CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken x40   Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Extreme6   Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8Gb.   Graphics Card: EVGA SC Geforce GTX 780 Ti   Power Supply: EVGA G2 850W   Case: NZXT H440

It's almost like he knows what he's talking about...

My god I never witnessed such an overwhelming fanboy. I call these confused individuals nvidiots just the same as an Apple fan boy can be said to be a MacTard !

Nvidia...

Its all looks these days

My god I never witnessed such an overwhelming fanboy. I call these confused individuals nvidiots just the same as an Apple fan boy can be said to be a MacTard !

See, here's the problem. You obviously aren't capable of having an intelligent conversation with another individual with opposing views without spewing idiocy. It's actually incredibly pathetic.

Project Insomnia

CPU: Intel i5 4670K @ 4.6 GHz.   CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken x40   Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Extreme6   Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8Gb.   Graphics Card: EVGA SC Geforce GTX 780 Ti   Power Supply: EVGA G2 850W   Case: NZXT H440

See, here's the problem. You obviously aren't capable of having an intelligent conversation with another individual with opposing views without spewing idiocy. It's actually incredibly pathetic.

I rather get more for my money not less. I also rather have open standards that push the industry forward not stagnant.

AMD master race

Wat8.jpg?1315930535

I'm not SAV1OUR. I promise. | Number of successfully bricked phones: 1 Samsung Galaxy S5 | 01001001 01110100 00100000 01110111 01100001 01110011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101100 00100000 01100001 01101110 00100000 01100101 01101100 01100001 01100010 01101111 01110010 01100001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01110010 01110101 01110011 01100101 00101110

CUZ AMD SUX B411S... Just kidding, it's because they use the Adobe suite a lot which works a lot better with Nvidia cards due to CUDA.