Who wants a Gameboy color review? :P

Izaya Orihara

So I just saw Austin Evans tweet about how he got a new Gameboy color and I remembered how much fun I had with my gameboy. 

So I went on ebay and I found a factory sealed Gameboy color in the same atomic purple that my old Gameboy color had. $_57.JPGThe downside : It's 140€. :/ I feel like it's a bit of a waste but I think I will buy it. Do you guys want me to review it if I buy it :P? Oh? You want to know the purpose of that review? There is no purpose except some fun nolstagia. :)

Factory new? Lucky!

But sure. Should be enjoyable. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Awesome.

Better question: Who doesn't want a Gameboy Color review? Because if they don't, they need to be shot and quartered. /joke

tumblr_n6rbmjyEVm1qg56ojo3_400.png

tumblr_n6rbmjyEVm1qg56ojo2_1280.png

tumblr_n6rbmjyEVm1qg56ojo1_1280.png

tumblr_inline_n6rd7snSwU1qfnbgv.png

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

OHOHOHOHOH!!!!

MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME!!!

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I remember forever ago reading a comment in Nintendo magazine by a British kid and they were complaining 'color' was spelled wrong. :P

@ThyFeared

@SeriouslyMikey

@Vitalius

@tmcclelland455 (It's really hard to mention you because you use I and l and that is rather bad.) 

@Mooshi

I just got it :) along side a carrying Pokémon case (The same I had when I had my old gameboy), Pokémon Blue, Pokémon Red, Pokémon Silver, Pokémon Gold, Pokémon yellow (Yes I used to like Pokémon a lot.) A Jungle book game that I was never able to beat because it was fucking confusing and there were invisible stairs and shit. 

I did cost me a total of 230,99€ but I think I'll be worth it :P It should be here tomorrow. Expect my review next week or so.

Also I contaced the seller and he told me that he had another one that he could sell to me and I'm thinking about buying it and keeping it in the box and to sell it for more money that some point :) Do you think that that's a good idea? 

-snip-

If you think you'll be able to flip it and make profit go for it! if not not a good idea :P

@ThyFeared

@SeriouslyMikey

@Vitalius

@tmcclelland455 (It's really hard to mention you because you use I and l and that is rather bad.) 

@Mooshi

I just got it :) along side a carrying Pokémon case (The same I had when I had my old gameboy), Pokémon Blue, Pokémon Red, Pokémon Silver, Pokémon Gold, Pokémon yellow (Yes I used to like Pokémon a lot.) A Jungle book game that I was never able to beat because it was fucking confusing and there were invisible stairs and shit. 

I did cost me a total of 230,99€ but I think I'll be worth it :P It should be here tomorrow. Expect my review next week or so.

Also I contaced the seller and he told me that he had another one that he could sell to me and I'm thinking about buying it and keeping it in the box and to sell it for more money that some point :) Do you think that that's a good idea? 

A. Little confused... Why is it hard to mention me?

B. Ahh, but the real question is, do you think it's a good idea? ;)

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Honestly, I would. You never know how much they may bring in, in another 10 years or so. Especially in the box. It will most likely pay for itself and much more. 

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

A. Little confused... Why is it hard to mention me?

B. Ahh, but the real question is, do you think it's a good idea? ;)

You use I or l and there no real way to tell.  And it seems like you use capitial I and non capitial l. (Or atleast I think so. Or I just had a typo somewhere)

B: I do. But I wanted you guys's (? Is that correct?) opinon on it.

Honestly, I would. You never know how much they may bring in, in another 10 years or so. Especially in the box. It will most likely pay for itself and much more. 

That's what I was thinking. I'm thinking about buying it along side as many new (sealed) Gameboy color games I can find for a resonable price and sell it once the Gameboy color and Gameboy color games became really rare.  

That's what I was thinking. I'm thinking about buying it along side as many new (sealed) Gameboy color games I can find for a resonable price and sell it once the Gameboy color and Gameboy color games became really rare.  

If they go missing, don't blame me. I was never stealing stuff!

If they go missing, don't blame me. I was never stealing stuff!

Why would I blame you? 

You use I or l and there no real way to tell.  And it seems like you use capitial I and non capitial l. (Or atleast I think so. Or I just had a typo somewhere)

B: I do. But I wanted you guys's (? Is that correct?) opinon on it.

A. Just a typo. Everything in my name is lowercase. :)

B. If you want to, I think it would be a good idea.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Why would I blame you? 

T'was a joke. But never mind. 

A. Just a typo. Everything in my name is lowercase. :)

B. If you want to, I think it would be a good idea.

Oh my bad.

T'was a joke. But never mind. 

I had a feeling that it was but I wasn't quite sure xD

Guys It's decided I'll be buying the second one as well :) It's not wasting money it's investing. 

Oh my bad.

I had a feeling that it was but I wasn't quite sure xD

Guys It's decided I'll be buying the second one as well :)

When you have a screen like mine with a decent resolution, but the screen itself is pretty small... You do it often. :D

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Do it! I wanna see this!!!

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

i have gameboy color, want to lend it to you xD, i have pokemon xD gold and silver

PC Specs: Case Corsair Vengeance C70 - CPU i7-4770K @3.5Ghz - MOBO Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H - RAM HyperX Fury 2x8GB @1600Mhz - GPU MSI VENTUS RTX 2080 SUPER - HDD Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB, Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB, WD Black 4TB - PSU EVGA 750 G2 - Display Samsung S22C150 - CPU Cooler CM 212 Hyper EVO - Mouse Steelseries Sensei 310 - Current Wattage by pcpartpicker: 387W.

So I just saw Austin Evans tweet about how he got a new Gameboy color and I remembered how much fun I had with my gameboy. 

So I went on ebay and I found a factory sealed Gameboy color in the same atomic purple that my old Gameboy color had. The downside : It's 140€. :/ I feel like it's a bit of a waste but I think I will buy it. Do you guys want me to review it if I buy it :P? Oh? You want to know the purpose of that review? There is no purpose except some fun nolstagia. :)

I have a gameboy, a pocket, a colour and a GBA just sat on the table at home

I am excited for your review

what games did you get?

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I once had a Color. I once had an Advance. I once had a DS. I once had a 3DS. What happened?

I had them all in my special "Gameboy bag" and took them with me on a boattrip. Only problem was that I slipt on the floating dock (a long floating metal construction with arms on both sides where boats dock. No idea if that is the right word :( ) and lost the entire bag in the ocean.

oh-god-why-always-me-thumb.jpg

Anyway, my sad story aside: I would love to see this review happen :)

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

Ahh factory sealed... I wouldn't open it and just keep it for like 20 years and sell it for loooooooooads.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

you. do review now. 

Austin Evans just unboxed it on his channel.