Extra Price Worth It? Notebook Selection Help.

Hello Guys,

So I have an unexpected offer to get 30% off of the laptop(s) I intended to purchase in December/January. I've decided now would be a good time to buy. I've got it narrowed down to two options, but I'm having doubts the more expensive option is worth that hefty price tag, do you guys agree?

Here is my comparison chart, but in summary, better processor, slightly better battery and wifi for $800 more:

Capture.JPG

HexCase: Corsair iCUE 5000X RGBCPU: Ryzen R7 3700X  | MOBO: Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaw DDR4-3600 16GB | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB & 480 GB EVO | HDD: 4tb WD Black & 3TB WD Green | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ | Cooler: CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT, | Monitor: Acer Predator X34 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB | Mouse: Logitech Hero | OS: Windows 11 | Speakers: Audioengine A5+ | Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud 2 | Laptop/Tablet: TBD | Phone: Samsung Note 9 | PS4 | Xbox One | TV Sony XBR55X900F

Personally I wouldnt pay 800$ more for that... + I like the 13.3 inch screen size more

CPU: AMD R7 5800x | GPU: XFX 5500XT 4GB | RAM: 2x8GB Kingston Fury Renegade 3600MHz CL16 | Cooling: Deepcool Gammaxx L360 | MB: Aorus B550 Elite V2 | Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250gb & WD20EAZX | Case: Antec DF700

Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 460: Intel 6200U | 8GB | 256GB SSD | Active pen

Yoga 2 is the better deal, but again both prices are fucking retarded; that's notebooks for you though.

I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends.

~Abraham Lincoln

In times when we are on the brink of destruction, war, and loosing ourselves, let's remember a basic fundamental element of love, forgiveness, and understanding; God bless!

Yoga 2 is the better deal, but again both prices are fucking retarded; that's notebooks for you though.

what is up with your profile pic...

person below me is a scrub

Ew so overpriced. Of course the Yoga 2 is a better deal but I hate orange for a laptop. Are your only options these two notebooks or could you choose something else?

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

Ew so overpriced. Of course the Yoga 2 is a better deal but I hate orange for a laptop. Are your only options these two notebooks or could you choose something else?

I've really liked the yoga ever since I first read about it a couple years ago, my brother got the Yoga 11 last year and after using it I like it as well. This discount would apply to just about any Lenovo laptop/ultrabook btw.

And Orange is my favorite colour and is already the theme of my desktop as well :)

Thanks for the input guys, I'm leaning towards going with the cheaper Yoga 2, hopefully it'll last me 3-5 years until I'll have the income to buy a real power-house.

HexCase: Corsair iCUE 5000X RGBCPU: Ryzen R7 3700X  | MOBO: Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaw DDR4-3600 16GB | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB & 480 GB EVO | HDD: 4tb WD Black & 3TB WD Green | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ | Cooler: CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT, | Monitor: Acer Predator X34 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB | Mouse: Logitech Hero | OS: Windows 11 | Speakers: Audioengine A5+ | Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud 2 | Laptop/Tablet: TBD | Phone: Samsung Note 9 | PS4 | Xbox One | TV Sony XBR55X900F

There was also a third option I eliminated earlier, but maybe it would be the better choice? I had concerns about the super-high res screen, what with many applications having terrible scaling options, and wasn't sure how well the specs could handle that resolution. Also it seems to have a worse battery, but granted I don't know as much about batteries as I should.

Capture.JPG

I am in the same boat as you man. I hope they can make it easier for higher screen resolution.  Yeah I am not sure myself. Kinda stuck between the two. How did you get the 30 percent off offer? 

I am in the same boat as you man. I hope they can make it easier for higher screen resolution.  Yeah I am not sure myself. Kinda stuck between the two. How did you get the 30 percent off offer? 

In Canada we have these Student Price Cards for college/university students and they offer deals with their partners, for Lenovo it's usually just a small discount on their student-line of stuff, but this week they were doing employee pricing on just about everything.

By the way I ended up going with the Thinkpad Yoga, but I lowered the specs and price to just about match the Yoga 2. Ended up saving $350 off the regular price, so not bad I guess.

In Canada we have these Student Price Cards for college/university students and they offer deals with their partners, for Lenovo it's usually just a small discount on their student-line of stuff, but this week they were doing employee pricing on just about everything.

By the way I ended up going with the Thinkpad Yoga, but I lowered the specs and price to just about match the Yoga 2. Ended up saving $350 off the regular price, so not bad I guess.

From what university. But I get it. Well hope you have a an enjoyable time. Post back here what you think of the laptop so I could choose what I should do too.

edit: I am a dumbass, sorry i get spc cards now. Yeah i live in calgary so I know what you mean. Do they have a deal this month. Because i might get the card soon if it is 30 % off. That is hella crazy.

Edited by Kouroshb26

From what university. But I get it. Well hope you have a an enjoyable time. Post back here what you think of the laptop so I could choose what I should do too.

edit: I am a dumbass, sorry i get spc cards now. Yeah i live in calgary so I know what you mean. Do they have a deal this month. Because i might get the card soon if it is 30 % off. That is hella crazy.

The email made it sound as if it was for this week only, so probably ending today? Just note that it is "up to 30% off" employee pricing is different on each item, I'm going to PM you the URL link, maybe they won't relize you don't already have a SPC card ;)

• 2 weeks later...

The email made it sound as if it was for this week only, so probably ending today? Just note that it is "up to 30% off" employee pricing is different on each item, I'm going to PM you the URL link, maybe they won't relize you don't already have a SPC card ;)

THanks man, but i got student pricing so i think it should help. now i am tempted to go with mac or yoga 2 

also this deal http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msca/en_CA/pdp/ASUS-Zenbook-Touch-UX31LA-US51T-Touchscreen-Ultrabook/productID.300514200