EA Vice President says PS4 and Xbox One are a generation ahead of the current fastest gaming PC on the market

MPX309

dis1_zpse53f3e5f.gif

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

dont know if this is a joke,
or if he is really serious

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

Anyone want to buy my PC so I can get an Xbone?

20 dollars? A PC isn't worth that much anyways, since you can get better performance out of a next-gen console at a 10 times lower price.

And really, when was EA ever wrong...

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Is it just me, or is that not flagrant false advertising?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Yeah this may be true for a 2000 pc.

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

Yeah this may be true for a 2000 pc.

Maybe he's using a Mac?

Easy mistake to make

:P

Dont kill me but somehow its true...I mean,on pc you can get more fps,whatever resolution you want...But not things like "new gen video games"... Just look at tomb raider definitive edition...It has amazing new things (i know it can run 4 times better on powerfull pc's) but still they made it only for consoles...

Dont kill me but somehow its true...I mean,on pc you can get more fps,whatever resolution you want...But not things like "new gen video games"... Just look at tomb raider definitive edition...It has amazing new things (i know it can run 4 times better on powerfull pc's) but still they made it only for consoles...

That's not really true, that's companies shooting themselves in the foot by only servicing a slowly dying medium (it will happen sooner or later, look at what ET did years ago).

I feel bad for the Devs working for companies that make games only on console, to be an artist and limited to only one canvas must be difficult. Hard to imagine they haven't all quit.

That doesn't put them ahead of us, it just strengthens the fact that they cripple us in terms of our progress.

Anyway, 2013 or not...

0Zc7f4d.gif

DISCIPLE OF HIS HOLINESS, GABEN FIRST OF HIS NAME FOR NOW AND THE END OF TIME

STEAM - Brendson | ORIGIN - LGBrendson | BATTLE.NET - Brendson#2793

PLACES TO FOLLOW ME - Pastebin

I guess what he's saying is that Ps4 has APU and that fastest gaming pc on market do not use that crap?

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

I guess what he's saying is that Ps4 has APU and that fastest gaming pc on market do not use that crap?

AMD was doing a line of APU's for desktops, I'm on one right now. Switching to Intel ASAP lol.

Don't get me wrong, It ran SWTOR on high for a good while, then I got a gtx660 and switched it up to ultra. Not bad for the price but AMD hasn't done anything useful with it since Dual graphics cant use multiple graphics cards or anything stronger than an R7 250 (I think lol) I know it can't use a r9 290 for sure.

AMD seems to be sort of lost at the moment.

That's not really true, that's companies shooting themselves in the foot by only servicing a slowly dying medium (it will happen sooner or later, look at what ET did years ago).

I feel bad for the Devs working for companies that make games only on console, to be an artist and limited to only one canvas must be difficult. Hard to imagine they haven't all quit.

That doesn't put them ahead of us, it just strengthens the fact that they cripple us in terms of our progress.

Anyway, 2013 or not...

0Zc7f4d.gif

They dont put much effort to develop games for pc only...Just see what happend with watch dogs,lame graphic and effects untill a modder found the "hidden" options...

They dont put much effort to develop games for pc only...Just see what happend with watch dogs,lame graphic and effects untill a modder found the "hidden" options...

Well, they don't really have to since most games are dev'ed for pc and then ported to consoles (or at least thats how I've been told it's supposed to be).

That's the problem, consoles have been popular for a while, and companies are abandoning pc because they think consoles will continue to boom, but they wont. Once people realise just how badly they've been had, they'll drop console like a hot rock for something with vastly supperior performance for a similar price (i.e. steammachines and other things like it)

At least thats what I'm hoping, I would honestly looooove to see xbox one and ps4 be the last of the consoles.

I'd say something about Nintendo, but they made themselves irrelevant years ago, at least to me.

lQMvkED.jpg

Best fail I've found this week.

Eric S. Raymond used an E6600 from 2005 until 12/30/14 or open source software creation. Raw data computations in excess of 18GB each. Core 2 Duos still have tons of life left, my friend.

What he's saying is that the Jaguar APU used in both the Xbox One and PS4 are faster than any PC hardware you can get. 

Ha, please. 

My friend's 2500k, 16GB RAM, 1TB HDD and HD 7850 desktop could run circles around it. The APU was a better choice than what was available (something by qualcomm or IBM like last gens had) but still now they're trying to say that semi-powerful PC hardware is faster than bleeding-edge hardware. Seriously. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MZdjpA-55E

Eric S. Raymond used an E6600 from 2005 until 12/30/14 or open source software creation. Raw data computations in excess of 18GB each. Core 2 Duos still have tons of life left, my friend.

AMD was doing a line of APU's for desktops, I'm on one right now. Switching to Intel ASAP lol.

Don't get me wrong, It ran SWTOR on high for a good while, then I got a gtx660 and switched it up to ultra. Not bad for the price but AMD hasn't done anything useful with it since Dual graphics cant use multiple graphics cards or anything stronger than an R7 250 (I think lol) I know it can't use a r9 290 for sure.

AMD seems to be sort of lost at the moment.

AMD knew they can't compete with Intel on high-end processor so they target light-gaming and mobile platform instead.

Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

AMD knew they can't compete with Intel on high-end processor so they target light-gaming and mobile platform instead.

Um, they could have see what would happen if you had "dual graphics" with two r9 290's running in sync with the APU, would have been interesting to see the results, but it seems they gave up.

Um, they could have see what would happen if you had "dual graphics" with two r9 290's running in sync with the APU, would have been interesting to see the results, but it seems they gave up.

See what?

If they made it work then 290 would probably throttle to apu stock speed(if that's even possible) or something stupid like that.

See what?

If they made it work then 290 would probably throttle to apu stock speed(if that's even possible) or something stupid like that.

I was just saying, that they basically were like YEAH ITS GONNA BE AWESOME, HSA THIS AND HSA THAT......and then it seems like they just gave up and didnt go anywhere with it.