Crossfire r9 290 and crap performance... need help

Go to solution Solved by BoogieBeast,

Bagmup

Yeah I know, I think its fixed now, so thanks guys :D REALLY appreciated the help :D

i am pretty sure it is your sandy bridge cpu, maybe upgrade to 3770k

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

I tested with CCC Overdrive and that fixed the CPU usage, but the Gpu`s are fluctuating massively, and I get 70-80 fps in Bf4..

thats because of your cpu. it is bottleknecking the shit out of your 290s on bf4. multiplayer is EXTREMELY TAXING ON CPU. if you want 100+ frames get a 3930k or 4930k. 

Guy with same exact problem as you on Overclock.net except with a 4930k. Cards benchmark perfectly fine but in game suffers awful performance issues (read through the thread and see if you can come up with any possible conclusions):

http://www.overclock.net/t/1440600/r9-290-having-problem-with-crossfire.

Here's another on Guru3D same problem:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=4696735

There's a few possible fixes that you can try.

Try unparking your CPU cores:  http://www.coderbag.com/Programming-C/Disable-CPU-Core-Parking-Utility (download the program, follow the directions)

Also for BF4, try running it with Mantle enabled. 

i am pretty sure it is your sandy bridge cpu, maybe upgrade to 3770k

No.

thats because of your cpu. it is bottleknecking the shit out of your 290s on bf4. multiplayer is EXTREMELY TAXING ON CPU. if you want 100+ frames get a 3930k or 4930k. 

No. 

@Op disable ulps: http://www.overclock.net/t/1088266/ulps-gui-config-utility-enable-disable/0_100

No.

No.

Yes. Do some research. An i5 bottlenecks on bf3 and bf4. Multiplayer is all CPU. You will never maintain 100 fps on a 64 player map. It doesn't matter what GPUs you have.

@Op disable ulps: http://www.overclock.net/t/1088266/ulps-gui-config-utility-enable-disable/0_100

2 780's and 4 cores only enabled without HT (sandy bridge 3930K): 

2 780's and 4 cores only enabled without HT (sandy bridge 3930K): 

You will never maintain 100 fps on a 64 player map. It doesn't matter what GPUs you have. there was like 12 on the server you were on. big difference

You will never maintain 100 fps on a 64 player map. It doesn't matter what GPUs you have. there was like 12 on the server you were on. big difference

Shut it. It was 64, why do you even see such a massive killflood in the right top corner? Where did you get 12 from lol. Be helpful for the OP, stop your nonsense or just leave

I have already disabled ULPS and Unparked my cores, but thanks anyways, I`ll keep looking into the issue.

other than BF4

can you post a video or screenshot of the other games which faced the same issue?

I will suggest doing a proper OS reinstall to rule out software issues

that way we can narrow down the problem

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

It looks like my Crossfire is working now... :D I think

I get 79 average fps in Metro Last Light Ingame everything the highest, but PhysX off.

At least according to other benchmarks.

+ a more detailed version is in my profile

It looks like my Crossfire is working now... :D I think

I get 79 average fps in Metro Last Light Ingame everything the highest, but PhysX off.

At least according to other benchmarks.

Physx is a nvidia thing so don't worry about that.