Silent CPU cooler?

Hi!

I've recently built a desktop, but I didn't include a CPU cooler, so I've used the stock Intel cooling. This bugs me a bit, as it's pretty loud and doesn't have top notch performance. Therefore, I'm looking for a new, silent CPU cooler.

I've looked at the Noctua NH-D15 cooler, and it seems to be pretty good. However, I don't really like Noctua's brown and beige colour theme, and it completely clashes with my black and white NZXT H440.

I've also looked a bit at some water cooling solutions too, like the NZXT Kraken series. They seem nice too, and have a vastly better look in my opinion, at least with my case. However, I've not been able to find much info on how silent they are.

My motherboard is an ATX-sized Asus Z87-PRO and my RAM is a couple of relatively low Kingston DDR3 HyperX Beast sticks, so I do have a decent amount of space.

So, what would you guys suggest for silent, not too expensive, high performance and good looking CPU cooling solutions?

Check out Cooler Master's Hyper 212 and bequiet's dark rock series

as for watercooling, take a look at swiftech's h220

CPU: Intel i7-4770k MOBO: Asus Maximus VI Formula RAM: G.Skill RipJawsX 2x8GB 1600Mhz GPU: Asus GTX 780 DCuII CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Primo STORAGE: ADATA SX900 256GB / WD Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Corsair AX760 760W MONITOR: Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM KEYBOARD: Ducky Shine 3 MOUSE: Logitech G602 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/106614-project-insert-name-enthoo-primo-rigid-acrylic-red/

Take a look at the Dark Rock 3 or Dark Rock Pro 3 from be quiet. They are very quiet and have outstanding cooling capacity. Cyrorig was a highlight at Computex for their coolers. It has very good reviews almost all over the board. I don't see them on any retailers yet, but it seems worth the wait. I'm on stock cooling as well, but I have a Hyper 212 Evo at home. It's a great budget cooler which will cool way better and be quieter than the stock Intel cooling.

Build: CPU: Intel Core i5 4690k | CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: 8GB G-Skill Ares 1600Mhz CL9 | Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + WD Blue 1TB 64MB Cache + Seagate Barracuda 2TB 64MB Cache | GPU: MSI GTX 960 | Case: Cooler Master Storm Enforcer | Power Supply: EVGA 600B Non-Modular | 

I agree with the dark rock 3 and pro 3

They are really good, silent, and good looking coolers

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Dark rock 3 or just the simple hyper 212.

Or sycthe mugen 3/4

That dark rock pro 3 looks perfect, however I'm a bit worried as it's pretty big, with not a ton of RAM clearance. Do you think it'll fit? As of now, I only have two RAM sticks, so it's not a big deal if the first slot is obstructed - I'll just have to buy lower RAM next time I upgrade.