Corsair H100i or CM Glacier 240L inside Corsair 350d?

Go to solution Solved by airdeano,

@fabio73

since the glacer 240L is a clone of the H220, yes it'll fit just as well as the H100i

So I'm looking to build a new rig in the upcoming months, and I've decided to go AIO liquid cooling with my top 2 choices being the Corsair H100i and the CM Glacier 240L.  I plan to swap out the stock fans with 2 Noctua NF-F12s.  My case will be the Corsair 350d (which I received at Christmas from my Dad).

I know that the H100i will be able to fit inside the 350d, but will the Glacer 240L be able to fit inside the 350d?

If both will fit, which AIO cooler with NF-F12s would you recommend?  Do you recommend another that would fit into the 350d?

My RIG will have a Broadwell CPU (when they come out), and be used for gaming, live streaming on Twitch, and audio editing ringtones for my RingtoneAttack blog :D .

Thank you for all your advice in advanced!!

I dont have anny experience with either but id get the H100i because that costum illumination is so pretty  ;D

Redliquid~

H100i, Cooler Master AiOs are pretty 'eh' compared to Corsair, Swiftech and NZXT.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

H100i, Cooler Master AiOs are pretty 'eh' compared to Corsair, Swiftech and NZXT.

The cooler master glacers are made by Swiftech, are full copper and brass and expandable, unlike the h100i which has no expandibility and uses a less efficient aluminium radiator.

Glacer by a mile.

H100i are the worst choice you can make right now, they are way too loud... and glacier performs better, its a rebadged swiftech h220.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

The cooler master glacers are made by Swiftech, are full copper and brass and expandable, unlike the h100i which has no expandibility and uses a less efficient aluminium radiator.

Glacer by a mile.

H100i are the worst choice you can make right now, they are way too loud... and glacier performs better, its a rebadged swiftech h220.

I was leaning more towards the Glacer 240L because of the these reasons to be honest, but I wasn't sure if it would have enough clearance to fit inside the top of the 350d.  Any idea if it does?

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE SO FAR FOR YOUR FEEDBACK!!

@fabio73

since the glacer 240L is a clone of the H220, yes it'll fit just as well as the H100i

I was leaning more towards the Glacer 240L because of the these reasons to be honest, but I wasn't sure if it would have enough clearance to fit inside the top of the 350d. Any idea if it does?

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE SO FAR FOR YOUR FEEDBACK!!

Get the glacier. It will fit, it will perform better than the h100i and also your build will stand out abit considering everyone and their mum has a h100i.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

@fabio73

attachicon.gif350D-h220.jpg

Get the glacier. It will fit, it will perform better than the h100i and also your build will stand out abit considering everyone and their mum has a h100i.

Looks like I'll be getting the Glacier then :lol: !!  Thank you to everyone for your feedback!!  @airdeano Thank you for the providing the image!!  Is that your RIG?

@fabio73

attachicon.gif350D-h220.jpg

Hmm...off topic here, that's a nice build buy where's that loop's res?

and is it just me or is that case warped a bit ?

@fabio27 check out Jayztwocents's video about the glacer 240l, apparently it's practically the best 240mm aio on the market. (not 100% sure about his claim, but bottom line is that they're good)

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

Looks like I'll be getting the Glacier then :lol: !!  Thank you to everyone for your feedback!!  @airdeano Thank you for the providing the image!!  Is that your RIG?

no sir, it is not, but i have built one similar without the monsta, broke it out and

now moving it all into a phanteks enthoo pro.

Hmm...off topic here, that's a nice build buy where's that loop's res?

and is it just me or is that case warped a bit ?

the H220 radiator built in reservoir (opposite end of hoses) is inside the ODD bays.

i think it is an optical issue with the camera lens (multifocal)