Rate the Photo Above you

3/10
1. not sharp enough for me - either from cropping or shutter speed or lens - would be nice to have some metadata info :)
2. the photo doesnt do it for me - as a Jared Polin (youtuber) says - it is a snapshot not a photograph

city i live in :)

t7n5mf.jpg

it is panorama - 4 or 5 photos stitched

Canon 50D
Tokina 12-24 F4 

F/4,5

1/1600s

ISO 100

Lenovo E330 i5-3230M, 8GB RAM, 250GB Samsung msata SSD

mostly paired with LG 25UM55 ultrawide + 3TB WD Elements

Trackpoint rulezz!!

3/10

1. not sharp enough for me - either from cropping or shutter speed or lens - would be nice to have some metadata info :)

2. the photo doesnt do it for me - as a Jared Polin (youtuber) says - it is a snapshot not a photograph

Canon 50D

Tokina 12-24 F4 

F/4,5

1/1600s

ISO 100

6/10. looks very nice and i love the wide angle, but the horizon just is not straight. Had the horizon been straight it would easily be a 9/10

17312725856_aaa699fcf0_k.jpgyellowstone valley by Tauss ., on Flickr

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

3/10

Canon 50D

Tokina 12-24 F4 

F/4,5

1/1600s

ISO 100

yourre taking that out of context. everyone did

What jared meant was that if you're making a photo story or catalogue etc. it should have a story. Determining the difference between snapshot and photograph can only be done after looking at a group of pictures. 

Watch rawtalk, he explained in one recently

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

6/10. looks very nice and i love the wide angle, but the horizon just is not straight. Had the horizon been straight it would easily be a 9/10

it is straight ... look at the far middle hills. it seems it isnt straight, i know , it is corrected in post processing and the buildings showed me what is straight .... bear in mind it is around 180° +-15° so it is distortion not a bad horizon

yourre taking that out of context. everyone did

What jared meant was that if you're making a photo story or catalogue etc. it should have a story. Determining the difference between snapshot and photograph can only be done after looking at a group of pictures. 

Watch rawtalk, he explained in one recently

yes, i took that one out , but it isnt always like that

in my mind :

this is a snapshot

earliest-dogs-660x433-130306-basenji_660

this is a photograph

3010-dalmatinsky-pes.jpg

better quality, angle, aperture, focal lenght ....

i perceive it as it isnt JUST about photo story but it is about what is happening on the photo being it movement, excitement, emotions, something AND about how you shoot it

Trackpoint rulezz!!

it is straight ... look at the far middle hills. it seems it isnt straight, i know , it is corrected in post processing and the buildings showed me what is straight .... bear in mind it is around 180° +-15° so it is distortion not a bad horizon

yes, i took that one out , but it isnt always like that

in my mind :

this is a snapshot

earliest-dogs-660x433-130306-basenji_660

this is a photograph

3010-dalmatinsky-pes.jpg

better quality, angle, aperture, focal lenght ....

i perceive it as it isnt JUST about photo story but it is about what is happening on the photo being it movement, excitement, emotions, something AND about how you shoot it

Dude photography is an art, it's subjective. You can't say one picture of a dog is less then another pic. What if I say your picture is a snapshot, it looks like a stock picture, no story etc.

I'm gonna tweet Jared. To tell him clarify what he meant, all you people falsely accusing someone of taking a "snapshot" is fucking annoying and is killing this threads friendliness

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Dude photography is an art, it's subjective. You can't say one picture of a dog is less then another pic. What if I say your picture is a snapshot, it looks like a stock picture, no story etc.

I'm gonna tweet Jared. To tell him clarify what he meant, all you people falsely accusing someone of taking a "snapshot" is fucking annoying and is killing this threads friendliness

Now i dont understand you. It is subjective but i cant say one picture is less than other imo ??? What is the whole point of rating these photos if we cant say one is better than the other ?

Say what you want, it is your opinion. If you think it looks like stock photo, so be it ! It sure doesnt look like to me and i dont think it does to others and they are welcome to say their opinions.

I have explained to you what i think is the difference between snapshot and photograph. Jared might have different definition of that, i just used the therm he uses. If i think it looks like snapshot to me and said my reasons why would it be falsely accousing someone ?? It is my opinion on it and it is the whole point of this thread RATE the photo .... 

So far only one killing friendliness is you. I dont force my opinion to anyone, i just said it. You are the one forcing your mind to others.

Sory for spamming everyone, had to get it out there. MODS you are welcome to clean/delete unrelated post as you see fit :)

Trackpoint rulezz!!

yellowstone valley by Tauss ., on Flickr

Anywhoo. 

10/10. I would buy this and put it on a wall.....if....that canyon and area meant something to me. Beautiful landscape. I dont know the area so, I cant critique framing or subject matter "hey, it would be better if you had stepped back or went down the canyon further" type deal.

Good Color. Looks sharp. 

I JUST got a wide-er angle lens so, will be finally able to shoot some landscapes myself :).

22521020292_6317786412_h.jpgDSC_0066JP-2 by Ethan Gollehon, on Flickr

This is one of my favorite spots in Portland. The sky and feel is a good example of Portland in Fall. Cold, Rainy, yet sometimes Clear. But always beautiful. 

The spot has a bit of pure beauty, as well as grunge. With the tower and stone, but grass and flowers. 

This was picture #66 on my new D750. 

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

Anywhoo. 

10/10. I would buy this and put it on a wall.....if....that canyon and area meant something to me. Beautiful landscape. I dont know the area so, I cant critique framing or subject matter "hey, it would be better if you had stepped back or went down the canyon further" type deal.

Good Color. Looks sharp. 

I JUST got a wide-er angle lens so, will be finally able to shoot some landscapes myself :).

22521020292_c48f25d0e5_h.jpgDSC_0066JP-2 by Ethan Gollehon, on Flickr

This is one of my favorite spots in Portland. The sky and feel is a good example of Portland in Fall. Cold, Rainy, yet sometimes Clear. But always beautiful. 

The spot has a bit of pure beauty, as well as grunge. With the tower and stone, but grass and flowers. 

This was picture #66 on my new D750. 

6.5/10

Lack of color and heavy vignetting on the extreme corners.  

22522032002_e35d97ed5c_o.jpg

Taken during our camping. Everything in that place is crooked. :|

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

6.5/10

Wow, yes, that was actually an incorrect file upload on my part, lacking lens correction, did a replacement. The lack of color and minor vignetting is on purpose this time around. 

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

6.5/10

22522032002_e35d97ed5c_o.jpg

Taken during our camping. Everything in that place is crooked. :|

Gonna say 6/10 I really dont like how the picture is weighted from left to right

This isnt mine just more wondering what people thought.

CyXBvg1.jpg

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

The photo is not in focus, other wise its not bad..

Are you sure about that?

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Are you sure about that?

sorry but I have to agree with him, the sidewalk is more in focus compared to the car, but composition wise 8/10 imo, great angling etc. :D

sorry but I have to agree with him, the sidewalk is more in focus compared to the car, but composition wise 8/10 imo, great angling etc. :D

id argue the car was never intended to be in focus and the rain was.

System Specs

i kinda like how it looks. Makes for a great wallpaper but not necessarily great car photo if you get what im saying.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Of course, but I meant that's what @RealCereal might've been thinking, love the picture besides for the fact that the sidewalk is really sharp vs the rest, in my eyes cropping the sidewalk out partially would fix my only "gripe?" with the picture, as its sharpness brought my eyes to it immediately. But really man that's a great picture

i kinda like how it looks. Makes for a great wallpaper but not necessarily great car photo if you get what im saying.

No I feel you, as someone who does car shoots like..exclusively its not a style id try to do for all of/the majority of a shoot. but it would have its place for 1 or 2 photos for sure. I personally wanna try and get something like that done one day.

System Specs

How about this kind of car photos?

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

alright,

Gonna say 6/10 I really dont like how the picture is weighted from left to right

This isnt mine just more wondering what people thought.

ill rate this to get the tread going normally again. Id give it a 8/10.

here is a lowered challenger from a cars an d coffee a while back.

22599723051_70b83fea05_k.jpglowered challenger by Tauss ., on Flickr

9/10.I love cars,and I like this photography.Colors looks a little bit awful for me,but that's nothing major.

http://imgur.com/LMUQi5t

EDIT: Dunno why,but I can't use img tag. :/

4/10, the image feels rather flat and there is nothing catching my eye.

22272562402_acb00c3612_k.jpgDSC04218edit by Mopman94, on Flickr

|| Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 || RAM: 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengance (3000) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B450-Plus || Graphics Card: Gigabyte RTX2070 || Storage: 750GB SSD (2 Drives), 3TB HDD (2 Drives) || Case: NZXT H500 || Power Supply: be quiet! Pure Power 11 600W || 

4/10, the image feels rather flat and there is nothing catching my eye.

DSC04218edit by Mopman94, on Flickr

8/10, composition is great though if the castle was lit a bit better to where you could also see the door and some of the ground, it would have really improved the pic even further imo. Though i do understand that that may not have been an option for you.

here's a pic i took back during fleetweek in san fransisco.

22595238155_f967298e11_k.jpgsf marina green by Tauss ., on Flickr

8/10, composition is great though if the castle was lit a bit better to where you could also see the door and some of the ground, it would have really improved the pic even further imo. Though i do understand that that may not have been an option for you.

Thanks, it would have been an option as the tower was being lit by another guy with a torch over the 30 second exposure. I however wanted to go for a more 'spooky' (2spooky4u) look so decided against illuminating the ground :)

|| Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 || RAM: 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengance (3000) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B450-Plus || Graphics Card: Gigabyte RTX2070 || Storage: 750GB SSD (2 Drives), 3TB HDD (2 Drives) || Case: NZXT H500 || Power Supply: be quiet! Pure Power 11 600W || 

here's a pic i took back during fleetweek in san fransisco.

sf marina green by Tauss ., on Flickr

5/10, I feel a quicker shutter speed would of helped and a more interesting subject. I feel the colour is a little flat. Sorry.

Here is my little friend from Halloween tonight.

29avel2.jpg

Nothing to see here - move along.

5/10, I feel a quicker shutter speed would of helped and a more interesting subject. I feel the colour is a little flat. Sorry.

Here is my little friend from Halloween tonight.

6/10, I think the image would look so much better if the eyes were in focus rather than the forehead.

Posted this one before but thought I would go with it again

22259214166_2b8f79e654_k.jpgDSC03018edit by Mopman94, on Flickr

Need to add more contrast. It's just gray and doesn't stand out to me at this point. Composition is good. just need better processing.

The problem with upping the contrast is you completely lose the bricks on the bridge :)

88c202704a7f86cf813281ac999b0d27.png