Rate the Photo Above you

Here's my first full night sky panorama stitching test:

Woah, so elliptical >.> Really good for your first. but the light from surrounding buildings really makes it harder to see the stars. It would also look a lot better if the trees surrounded the whole picture, but that's just me.

Chemistry class opens up new opportunities, this time with a top-down looking into a beaker full of SLIME :D

zHbeqT7.jpg

Here's my first full night sky panorama stitching test:

-snip-

What camera did you use for this?

PLEASE QUOTE ME WHEN YOU REPLY TO MY POSTS, thank you.

8/10

took this one yesterday

Interesting pic! :D LOL

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

What camera did you use for this?

Just my Sony RX100, it's all I have for now. It has like 28 mm f1.8 equivalent? So I had to take quite few shots. I got away with two rows in portrait orientation. Also, I tried 5 shot median stacking for each individual shot to improve noise, that's what creates the artifacts in the foreground though. I stitched it with Hugin with fish eye projection.

CPU: Intel i7 3970X @ 4.7 GHz  (custom loop)   RAM: Kingston 1866 MHz 32GB DDR3   GPU(s): 2x Gigabyte R9 290OC (custom loop)   Motherboard: Asus P9X79   

Case: Fractal Design R3    Cooling loop:  360 mm + 480 mm + 1080 mm,  tripple 5D Vario pump   Storage: 500 GB + 240 GB + 120 GB SSD,  Seagate 4 TB HDD

PSU: Corsair AX860i   Display(s): Asus PB278Q,  Asus VE247H   Input: QPad 5K,  Logitech G710+    Sound: uDAC3 + Philips Fidelio x2

HWBot: http://hwbot.org/user/tame/

Just my Sony RX100.

There seemed to be a lot of hype over that camera. A lot of YouTubers were buying it to shoot their videos. How do you find it personally?

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

There seemed to be a lot of hype over that camera. A lot of YouTubers were buying it to shoot their videos. How do you find it personally?

Hmm, I haven't shot much proper video, so I can't really say much about it. I guess it's nothing special, but ok for casual use.

CPU: Intel i7 3970X @ 4.7 GHz  (custom loop)   RAM: Kingston 1866 MHz 32GB DDR3   GPU(s): 2x Gigabyte R9 290OC (custom loop)   Motherboard: Asus P9X79   

Case: Fractal Design R3    Cooling loop:  360 mm + 480 mm + 1080 mm,  tripple 5D Vario pump   Storage: 500 GB + 240 GB + 120 GB SSD,  Seagate 4 TB HDD

PSU: Corsair AX860i   Display(s): Asus PB278Q,  Asus VE247H   Input: QPad 5K,  Logitech G710+    Sound: uDAC3 + Philips Fidelio x2

Think if someone doesnt rate a photo they automaticly should be skipped on getting rated

I always rate the last complete post. So if they don't follow the rules I skip them. I also with people would stick to one at a time. It promotes people to repsond.

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

Chemistry class opens up new opportunities, this time with a top-down looking into a beaker full of SLIME :D

6/10 I would like to see more detail or lighting which gives more contrast.

post-160594-0-23546700-1428100113_thumb.

7/10 I feel like It's a tad blurry, and why is it so small. The shot is interesting and funny but It would have been nicer if his shadow was going at angle from bottom right corner to mid shot left. 

I wish my knifes blade was less scuffed up, but I like this shot.

qZNC8xQ.jpg

7/10 I feel like It's a tad blurry,

It is not a little bit blurry.

You have to open it right.

7/10 I feel like It's a tad blurry, and why is it so small. The shot is interesting and funny but It would have been nicer if his shadow was going at angle from bottom right corner to mid shot left. 

I wish my knifes blade was less scuffed up, but I like this shot.

-snip-

6/10

im not really a knife guy, but trying to be fair.

the depth is really nice, altough the fact you don't see the end makes it hard to estiamte the size, the colouring on the right and left side of the handle's look pretty diffrent(lighting?)

making your image a bit smaller wouldn't be such a bad idea, it would make it easier to view the image full size(they it's best to judge imo)

my picture:

not sure if i posted it before,couldn't find it.so here it is.

altough i must say, the quality went down quite alot after resizing it, the fact i was behind glass didn't help either, might look into the problem of quality later on tips are welcome.

post-54592-0-49393600-1428143941_thumb.j

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

It is not a little bit blurry.

You have to open it right.

It might not be, but on my screen the hairs around the edge look a little blurred, This could be due to the fact that the laptop i'm using right now has an awful screen. I'l view it later on my editing rig.  The reason I leave the images full size is because if you open in new tab you can zoom in a ton to see how well the focus is.

7/10 There could be more contrast and it would have been better if the subject's eye had a rule of thirds. But nice and clear for being shot behind glass.

I know this one Is not good I just want help with how to make Long exposures like this less blurred and more crisp. This was my first long exposure and I didn't have a tripod, I just laid the camera on the ground. I also need to do this on a better camera I used a nikon d3100.

jK6F6Ve.jpg

I know this one Is not good I just want help with how to make Long exposures like this less blurred and more crisp. This was my first long exposure and I didn't have a tripod, I just laid the camera on the ground. I also need to do this on a better camera I used a nikon d3100.

This one needs some work as you already know  ;) With long exposure photography, you are naturally going to get blurred photos, especially since you are taking photos of moving objects.  Did you use a cable release or use the timer to fire the shutter?  That would get rid of any initial camera shake.  It looks like you've started to capture some star trails but then ended the exposure.  It would have been cool if you kept the shutter open longer. A foreground element would have been cool too (example: treeline or cityscape).  Looking forward to seeing what you shoot next.

My photo of a film camera (Leica M3) taken by another film camera (500CM)...

08AUG2013-6-X2.jpg

CPU AMD Ryzen 2700 X / Motherboard  / RAM 4 x 4GB  / GPU Zotac 1080Ti Amp Edition / Case Fractal Design Meshify C / Storage Samsung 850 PRO / 1TB WD Black & 2TB WD Green / PSU / Cooling Noctua / Keyboard Ducky Shine 2 / Mouse Logitech G700 / Sound O2 Amp/DAC & Audioengine A5+ speakers

It might not be, but on my screen the hairs around the edge look a little blurred, This could be due to the fact that the laptop i'm using right now has an awful screen. I'l view it later on my editing rig.  The reason I leave the images full size is because if you open in new tab you can zoom in a ton to see how well the focus is.

7/10 There could be more contrast and it would have been better if the subject's eye had a rule of thirds. But nice and clear for being shot behind glass.

jK6F6Ve.jpg

Night photography is pretty fun! But you definitely want to have a nice tripod (they aren't even that expensive). You can google pretty good tutorials on different kinds of photography...

But for basic night sky photos:

Use manual mode and manual focus, first focus manually on a bright star (to infinity). Cable trigger is a plus, but you can also use 2 sec delay to eliminate camera shake (Some times I don't even use that). The maximum length of a exposure, before sky movement ("trails") becomes apparent, depends on your focal length. With my RX100 (about 28 mm wide open) I can do up to 10 seconds exposures, before star movement becomes apparent. I guess at 48 mm you could only do 5 sec exposures for example. Usually night sky photographers use wide (and "fast") lenses to capture a lot of the sky and light, and to enable longer exposure = even more light. Then there are the ones that use tracking devices with telephoto lenses and extra long exposures to capture specific object on the sky, like you do with a telescope. Shooting RAW is highly recommended, experiment with different ISOs. If you want to, you can even do stacking to improve the details and noise of your shots with a program like DeepSkyStacker.

Your camera should definitely be good enough to take some nice night sky shots. It's more about your settings and methods. What kind of lens and settings did you use?

Your camera should definitely be good enough to take some nice night sky shots. It's more about your settings and methods. What kind of lens and settings did you use?

Sorry, I don't like the lines. I like the full star field.  4/10

This is my night time shot.

2s95ceq.jpg

Nothing to see here - move along.

My photo of a film camera (Leica M3) taken by another film camera (500CM)...

I love the photo but the only thing that bugs me is the tiny bit of fluff at the bottom. If that wasn't there it would be perfect.  

Nothing to see here - move along.

Night photography is pretty fun! But you definitely want to have a nice tripod (they aren't even that expensive). You can google pretty good tutorials on different kinds of photography...

But for basic night sky photos:

Use manual mode and manual focus, first focus manually on a bright star (to infinity). Cable trigger is a plus, but you can also use 2 sec delay to eliminate camera shake (Some times I don't even use that). The maximum length of a exposure, before sky movement ("trails") becomes apparent, depends on your focal length. With my RX100 (about 28 mm wide open) I can do up to 10 seconds exposures, before star movement becomes apparent. I guess at 48 mm you could only do 5 sec exposures for example. Usually night sky photographers use wide (and "fast") lenses to capture a lot of the sky and light, and to enable longer exposure = even more light. Then there are the ones that use tracking devices with telephoto lenses and extra long exposures to capture specific object on the sky, like you do with a telescope. Shooting RAW is highly recommended, experiment with different ISOs. If you want to, you can even do stacking to improve the details and noise of your shots with a program like DeepSkyStacker.

Thanks for the advice, I don't have a tripod, so I just laid the camera on my deck facing straight up, which would be why I didn't capture a tree line, I think I was using 100 ISO and the kit lens wide open, so 18mm at f3.5, I will try to use a delay on the shutter. I never thought about that. I did have the Exposure set to the maximum it could go which was 30 seconds. I should have set the ISO to maybe 800 or 1600, and shot for 10 seconds. I will watch some videos and figure out how to use the settings for long exposure.

Thanks for the advice, I don't have a tripod, so I just laid the camera on my deck facing straight up, which would be why I didn't capture a tree line, I think I was using 100 ISO and the kit lens wide open, so 18mm at f3.5, I will try to use a delay on the shutter. I never thought about that. I did have the Exposure set to the maximum it could go which was 30 seconds. I should have set the ISO to maybe 800 or 1600, and shot for 10 seconds. I will watch some videos and figure out how to use the settings for long exposure.

when shooting at night, a large aperture is most useful. i have found that an exposure over 15 seconds will result in star trails unless you have a motorized star tracker. The biggest difference you can make though is location. If you are in a populated area, light pollution is a huge problem and can make getting good shots extremely hard. 1600 iso for 10 seconds should definitely result in a better shot though. Here is an example that i took a while ago with settings quite similar to that. Im assuming you where using a kit lens which is what i also shot with here at f 3.5.

vPNfLvZ.jpg

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

when shooting at night, a large aperture is most useful. i have found that an exposure over 15 seconds will result in star trails unless you have a motorized star tracker. The biggest difference you can make though is location. If you are in a populated area, light pollution is a huge problem and can make getting good shots extremely hard. 1600 iso for 10 seconds should definitely result in a better shot though. Here is an example that i took a while ago with settings quite similar to that. Im assuming you where using a kit lens which is what i also shot with here at f 3.5.

-BIG PICTURE- 

RATE THE PHOTO ABOVE YOURS! 

-snip-

i was giving advice and an example to someone. Not rating someones picture.....c

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

RATE THE PHOTO ABOVE YOURS! 

Calm down. 

i was giving advice and an example to someone. Not rating someones picture.....c

Confusion cleared up.

@StormtrooperStu I had to comment, great photo, I like the composition, I like the clouds, 10/10

Just to not mess this up, here's a photo of some EFF stickers I got in (awhile ago).

eff-stickers.jpg

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Just to not mess this up, here's a photo of some EFF stickers I got in (awhile ago).

7/10 cool stickers and I like the focus/depth, the only thing I don't like as much is how 'contrasty' it is but that's just a personal thing!

Here's my Moto 360

17041398955_6843460c08_b.jpg

Untitled by Jordan Cormack, on Flickr

7/10 cool stickers and I like the focus/depth, the only thing I don't like as much is how 'contrasty' it is but that's just a personal thing!

Here's my Moto 360

SNIP

Untitled by Jordan Cormack, on Flickr

8/10:  I love the simplicity of this picture.  Maybe it's just me but I docked it a point or two because the bottom of the watch band was cut off.  Weirdly, I would love to see it hanging.  Again my opinion but great simple pic!!!!

Here is mine:  Picture was taking at Deception Pass bridge in Oak Harbor, WA.  I edited the pic using Lightroom.  (I am a big fan of black and white photography)

post-152427-0-08868600-1428430586_thumb.

I have a potato!

8/10:  I love the simplicity of this picture.  Maybe it's just me but I docked it a point or two because the bottom of the watch band was cut off.  Weirdly, I would love to see it hanging.  Again my opinion but great simple pic!!!!

Here is mine:  Picture was taking at Deception Pass bridge in Oak Harbor, WA.  I edited the pic using Lightroom.  (I am a big fan of black and white photography)

I'm no expert but this to me looks like very well composed shot, good use of b&w 9/10

I'm still very new to photography, any constructive criticism is appreciated.

bNSSQUo.jpg

P.S. Sorry that this is portrait(hard to view on some monitors), maybe use CTRL+Sroll wheel down?

Lenovo Y50 (i7-4710HQ, 1TB SSHD, 16GB RAM, 860m 4GB), Nikon D3300 (lenses: 18-55mm kit, Tokina 70-210mm vintage)

P.S. Sorry for my bad english :/

I'm no expert but this to me looks like very well composed shot, good use of b&w 9/10

I'm still very new to photography, any constructive criticism is appreciated.

P.S. Sorry that this is portrait(hard to view on some monitors), maybe use CTRL+Sroll wheel down?

7/10 it's kind of out of focusso not all the detail can be made out, but the lighting is really nice and the spiders webs make it look really cool. Nice photo.

Got a few photos coming up over my next few visits here that I've taken on my sony Xperia Z3, I'm trying to test out how good the phones camera is.

tnM437N.jpg

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim