Rate the Photo Above you

9/10 Love the framing, colours are well lit and the focus is perfect!

9.5/10 Just being kinda picky....The bottom left corner feels out of focus but other then that this is an amazing shot (I so wish I could get shots like that)

My photo was done with a T3 with a 18-270mm tamron lens :)

10477561_1412828759005667_63630798734040

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

9.5/10 Just being kinda picky....The bottom left corner feels out of focus but other then that this is an amazing shot (I so wish I could get shots like that)

My photo was done with a T3 with a 18-270mm tamron lens :)

10477561_1412828759005667_63630798734040

9.8/10. The detail on that is superb. I do think it is slightly over exposed though. This is macro photography, correct?

Meanwhile, just starting photography with my Galaxy S2:

DSC06157_zpsae38b6c8.jpg

9.8/10. The detail on that is superb. I do think it is slightly over exposed though. This is macro photography, correct?

Considering that was taken with a Galaxy S2, I'd say 9/10. Even though the subject isn't centered, I like the composition.

10406381_1495466403998771_75320784963695

What do you mean macro? Like macro setting or lens?

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

What do you mean macro? Like macro setting or lens?

Macro refers to a lens (usually) 

Taken with a Sony Z1S in Auto mode. Original 5248x3936. No photo above me?

post-11076-0-17932600-1403640964_thumb.j

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Macro refers to a lens (usually) 

Nope not using a macro lens! :) I used a 18-270mm for that shot!

Taken with a Sony Z1S in Auto mode. Original 5248x3936. No photo above me?

attachicon.gifDSC_0122.JPG

the photo you're supposed to rate is a few posts up

TBH 90% of the pictures in this thread are just plain boooooooring (including 99% of those macro shots, most of which are taken from flowers)

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

TBH 90% of the pictures in this thread are just plain boooooooring (including 99% of those macro shots, most of which are taken from flowers)

Are mine the boring ones? :)

Are mine the boring ones? :)

No I am sure he is talking to me. 

Well, that's what most people photograph, when they start photographing, it's a something that stays still and that the person can observe for hours ^^ Though, yes its bloody boring, though makes it a good practice.

28732-fbf7fd0538d3aa02a3388b25a07138fee4

Statoil HQ in Fornebu, Norway. Taken with my Canon EOS 1D Mark IV + 24-70mm 2.8L....There's no photo above my post either.

Rate mine. :) One page back.

Rate mine. :) One page back.

Well. Maybe you should repost it next time. :)  The kid looks happy though. 6/10.

Here's mine, #DoYouEvenOwlBro :lol: :lol: :lol:

vbAtLyf.jpg

Well. Maybe you should repost it next time. :)  The kid looks happy though. 6/10.

vbAtLyf.jpg

is that a real owl? he doesnt look amused xD

Photography is all about perception----opinion. While you're allowed to speak yours, it isn't too kind to say to someone that there work is just boring. Be constructive with your criticism. 

Photography is all about perception----opinion. While you're allowed to speak yours, it isn't too kind to say to someone that there work is just boring. Be constructive with your criticism. 

Wasn't I constructive enough by saying stop photographing flowers?

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

I like the owl!  Also nice tech but what caught my eye was the pic/drawing in the background, its pretty cool.  Who is the girl with the glasses?  I recognize some of the characters but not all...  And why is your computer case in bag? Technically, there is not too much to say about the photo but I do like elements of the shot.  Funky wall paper too :)  7/10.

Lighthouse Park - Nikon D300 17-55mm

Composition_PepitoD_Windows-7-XL.jpg

CPU AMD Ryzen 2700 X / Motherboard  / RAM 4 x 4GB  / GPU Zotac 1080Ti Amp Edition / Case Fractal Design Meshify C / Storage Samsung 850 PRO / 1TB WD Black & 2TB WD Green / PSU / Cooling Noctua / Keyboard Ducky Shine 2 / Mouse Logitech G700 / Sound O2 Amp/DAC & Audioengine A5+ speakers

The funny thing about photography, as @TheDoubleYGamer pointed out, is that everything ends up being very subjective. If you're not violating basic tenants of photography and composition and framing and all that jazz, it comes down to whether or not your audience simply likes the shot. 

Technically, most of the images in this thread are pretty great. Subjectively? I don't care about half the subject matter. I really don't. Certain subject matter just doesn't interest me, but that doesn't make the photos 'boring'. And please, lets not turn this into a "your photos suck, I can do better" derailment. 

Anyways...

@Silvercall, I like the shot overall, just wish it was a long(er) exposure, those kinds of scenes just seem so perfectly setup for long exposure greatness. 

HwF1TfG.jpg

Track day this past weekend, did some shooting as well. The pain of cars like that doing triple digits through corners and my sorry self having to pan to try and capture something exciting. Certainly a good lesson on panning and high speed photography. 

I love the cars and the motion blur added to give a more realistic look. I give it a 10/10. 

14151314998_51ed871df0_h.jpgOsprey by Jarrett_Hunt, on Flickr

I took this picture at the end of a airshow that was hosted on the base that I work. The crew was getting ready to fly this baby back home. 

I love the cars and the motion blur added to give a more realistic look. I give it a 10/10. 

Osprey by Jarrett_Hunt, on Flickr

I took this picture at the end of a airshow that was hosted on the base that I work. The crew was getting ready to fly this baby back home. 

So it is a very cool picture but I really hate the black and white and the subject is a bit too centered for my liking. 7.5/10

10355571_252383938294100_215036189324765

I like the owl!  Also nice tech but what caught my eye was the pic/drawing in the background, its pretty cool.  Who is the girl with the glasses?  I recognize some of the characters but not all...  And why is your computer case in bag? Technically, there is not too much to say about the photo but I do like elements of the shot.  Funky wall paper too :)  7/10.

Lighthouse Park - Nikon D300 17-55mm

Composition_PepitoD_Windows-7-XL.jpg

Not above me, but dam. That is such a good photo - dam dam eughh 20/10 

So it is a very cool picture but I really hate the black and white and the subject is a bit too centered for my liking. 7.5/10

<snip>

Nice strong colours on the bird, good bluring in the background. I like it. 7/10

14520275484_030e93ad57_k.jpg

|| Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 || RAM: 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengance (3000) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B450-Plus || Graphics Card: Gigabyte RTX2070 || Storage: 750GB SSD (2 Drives), 3TB HDD (2 Drives) || Case: NZXT H500 || Power Supply: be quiet! Pure Power 11 600W ||