Rate the Photo Above you

8 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

It was hard to choose, but I think this is my favorite of the 381 photos I took on my hike in Sedona.

I don't remember the settings, but it was taken on my T5 with a 75-300mm lense, iso was probably around 1600, 1/200, and F something set automatically.

You're supposed to rate the photo above you, please edit your post to keep it on topic.

---------------------------------------------------------

6.5/10 - I like it, but it's a bit bland.  Maybe you could have added something colorful and made the rest B/W in post?  Just ideas :)

ORG_DSC00406-02.jpeg

I don't know the exposure info for this one, I edited it in the Snapseed app to make the contrast better, more stars visible, and make that tree stand out :)  

Need help deciding on building computer?  Message me, I can help decide on parts.  

1 hour ago, qzgy said:

8/10 Good Picture and an interesting subject, but dont really understand the significance/subject.

The subject is a barn/evergreen tree & the background is the stars, I understand your confusion :)

Need help deciding on building computer?  Message me, I can help decide on parts.  

5 hours ago, qzgy said:

8/10 Good Picture and an interesting subject, but dont really understand the significance/subject.

-snip-

The colors in this are absolutely incredible, and the focus seems to be spot on to where you wanted it to be (I assume).  9.5/10, I feel like it might've been just that much better if the flower itself was in focus, but that's being nitpicky.

20160330-DSC_0046.jpg

Another shot from Stone Mountain, I really liked how this turned out with the silky smooth water, and although you can't tell in the picture it was really dark.  Nikon D3200 w/ 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 @ 52mm f/13 30sec ISO 100

"You should look up common sense and add it to your vocabulary." - dougdangger 2015

9/10 very cool light effects, I like the scene and it just looks great :)

DSC00737.JPG

Sony WX500 - Subject: 3 Cedar Waxwings sipping water puddles from my deck.

In my personal opinion 7/10. I think the shot from back of birds is good but I don't like how colors go together here. It would be better if their beaks were showed a little better and more detailed. But as nature is hard to work with, it's still good picture.

DSC_0311.JPG

Picture was taken with Nikon D3300 and NIKKOR 18-55mm VRII. Model on this picture is my friend in outfit inspired by Nyan Cat.  Because of rain and lack of experience picture was taken in auto focus mode. 

8/10 It looks like you're not centered in front of the window making it look like it's skewed.

When the weather rolls in you take out your iPhone 6s and take panoramas. Not edited, so there might be a slight wavy effect caused by the stitching.

YzQJ2FQ.jpg

Ye ole' train

9/10 Pretty good...  For an iPhone!  Hahaha - But this isn't the time/place to start a war of iOS vs, Android (Or Apple v. Samsung, the Judicial system beat us to that one!).  The wavy effect of your picture makes it look more like a giant tornado spinning up and less like a unified front of clouds.

DSC00843.JPG

Sony WX500 - f/3.5 - ISO 200 - 30s exposure - the clouds were very fast moving.  That bright thing is the moon (Duh!)

7/10, I like the color shift from the window to the sky, and there's a dynamic coming from the clouds. But it would be better with the window shown completely imo, it's kind of a main subject in this shot, and the fact that it's cut like that is a bit frustrating to me. Also, since you were going for a long exposure, why not go all the way down to ISO 80? Or were you limited to 30s?

Anyway, here's a completely casual shot. A friend of mine who built a functional replica of an "euthytone" catapult for his exhibit on industrial design (for which I created CAD based animated movies), based only on original blueprints and formulas. It can shoot broom handles up to 100m away, and punch a hole in a car :D.

IMG_0620.jpg

8.5/10 I like the look of the shot and everything, but I think the subject is abnormal.  Some people would say that's a positive though.  Otherwise, looks clean and has a background that is unusual for me, so pretty good.

I posted that picture because I thought the one where I had the window fully in wasn't as good, so here you go :)

DSC00842.JPG

Sony WX500 - f/3.5 - ISO 200 - 30s exposure

On 4/15/2016 at 4:31 PM, bobdabiulder said:

snip

7.5/10 

I like the approach, I do however think that there could've been more stars. Though I'll take it you're probably dealing with some light pollution (because it's sort of a problem in this region too)...

Anyways I just took this photo today...

20160416_175806.jpg

Galaxy S6 G920V - f/1.9 - 1/800 - 4.3mm - ISO100 

(Of course in pro-mode, I think I had the white balance at 4700K for the sun which was to the west of me with some moderate cloud coverage (therefore the sun was setting)) The Daylight preset appeared to be close but I felt that choosing the WB myself might help the appearance of the photo)

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

8/10 I like it! The subject is nicely isolated in terms of focus, but it seems just a little too bright. Everything else I would say is pretty good.

DSC_0596.JPG

On 4/10/2016 at 10:19 AM, Guy_guy said:

9.5/10 really nice picture. It would be a 10 for me if it wasn't for the partial desaturation.

Here's one I took yesterday, I just liked the randomness of it, and the colors really don't bring anything to it, so B/W it is. :P

-snip-

9/10, I like the colors and the sharp contrast between the dried grass and the horse.

Here's a Long Island Rail Road commuter train rushing into the city:

h75RtKw.jpg

18 hours ago, WinNut said:

-snip-

Sorry, but that's a 10/10 for me, I just love the 50/50 composition, and the not too strong movement, plus it works fine with neutral colors, which I always appreciate.

Here's one from yesterday. I usualy don't post full res pics, but this one has some details in it, so why not. (if it causes any issues for anyone, let me know and I'll replace it with a regular one)

IMG_0774.jpg

On 4/19/2016 at 4:12 PM, Guy_guy said:

Sorry, but that's a 10/10 for me, I just love the 50/50 composition, and the not too strong movement, plus it works fine with neutral colors, which I always appreciate.

Here's one from yesterday. I usualy don't post full res pics, but this one has some details in it, so why not. (if it causes any issues for anyone, let me know and I'll replace it with a regular one)

8/10 sharp and well shot. The reflections make it somewhat interesting, but the image still feels a little bit stagnant. It's a very well shot image, the image is just not captivating as a subject.

26501599641_6d4f4a50ce_k.jpgTrans-pecos Copperhead by Cody Conway, on Flickr

SLI 1070 Setup for sale!!!

On 4/22/2016 at 7:04 PM, reptileexperts said:

8/10 sharp and well shot. The reflections make it somewhat interesting, but the image still feels a little bit stagnant. It's a very well shot image, the image is just not captivating as a subject.

Trans-pecos Copperhead by Cody Conway, on Flickr

9/10, great subject isolation with the white background. looks like quite a bit of work went into getting that shot. Nailed the focus. Personally though, i feel like the shot could have used a bit more dof.

Here's a shot from a cars and coffee event this morning.

26507750962_7dd489f7ac_k.jpgGT4 by Tauss ., on Flickr

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

17 hours ago, bob345 said:

9/10, great subject isolation with the white background. looks like quite a bit of work went into getting that shot. Nailed the focus. Personally though, i feel like the shot could have used a bit more dof.

Here's a shot from a cars and coffee event this morning.

GT4 by Tauss ., on Flickr

agree with the DoF - the shot gave us a little bit of trouble due to the fact she kept climbing the hook which would put the handler in danger of getting bit (venomous). The DoF was an issue thanks in large to the 90mm Macro used even though this was shot I believe at F8 to get the had fully in tact! 

SLI 1070 Setup for sale!!!

On 23.4.2016 at 10:26 PM, bob345 said:

GT4 by Tauss ., on Flickr

8/10 IMO too much local contrast a the background.Lowering it and the car would pop more out

sOdz9r4.jpg

5/10 not super good, bad focus, looks like a repeat of a previous one, taken with an iPhone camera.  Sorry bro.  Cool subject tho!

DSC01334-Edited.jpg

6 hours ago, bobdabiulder said:

5/10 not super good, bad focus,

Could you explain how the focus could be better?

RzVll5Z.jpg

21 hours ago, .spider. said:

8/10 IMO too much local contrast a the background.Lowering it and the car would pop more out

Is that in the east of Germany? Where exactly? I´m curious.

Fanboys, on both sides, are quite embarrassing. How can one be a "fan" of a company? A companies only goal is to make a profit off you. Instead of being a smart consumer and base your purchase decision on the best price / performance you choose to dick yourself over by only considering brand X. Idiotic loss to be honest.

~Quibiss

18 hours ago, bobdabiulder said:

5/10 not super good, bad focus, looks like a repeat of a previous one, taken with an iPhone camera.  Sorry bro.  Cool subject tho!

Lovely Kitten ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°  I love pussies

You could improve your framing by cutting out that piece of frame on the top right

Other than that, it´s a nice phone shot.

Here´s another photo from the Helios 44-2. I hung it up using a transparent string and removed it afterwards. I also set up a softbox above it with black fabric in the background.

I think it´s in focus this time :$

DSC_0331[1].png

Fanboys, on both sides, are quite embarrassing. How can one be a "fan" of a company? A companies only goal is to make a profit off you. Instead of being a smart consumer and base your purchase decision on the best price / performance you choose to dick yourself over by only considering brand X. Idiotic loss to be honest.

~Quibiss

2 minutes ago, SQZY98 said:

Here´s another photo from the Helios 44-2. I hung it up using a transparent string and removed it afterwards. I also set up a softbox above it with black fabric in the background.

I think it´s in focus this time :$

8/10 Maybe less reflection on the glass so that the aperture is better visible?

11 minutes ago, SQZY98 said:

Is that in the east of Germany? Where exactly? I´m curious.

It is Garzweiler II https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garzweiler_surface_mine

bNjZpM7.jpg

23 hours ago, .spider. said:

8/10 Maybe less reflection on the glass so that the aperture is better visible?

It is Garzweiler II https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garzweiler_surface_mine

Interesting. A teacher once said that the middle east is full of those coal mines and you could ride around there with quads as there are some abandoned ones :)

Also a impressive panorama!

~Quibiss