Additions to First PC Build?

Hello, I'm working on my first pc build and I was just wandering what some good additions/upgrades would be later down the line. If you have a suggestion please reply with the approximate price, and what the addition would help with.

On this build, two things I have planned already are adding a Coolermaster 212+ EVO, and a Samsung 840 EVO SSD for Windows 8.1 and select games. Thanks in advance.

Your current upgrade plan sounds good.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Actually the looks very solid to me, however I personally think that intel cpu's are really the way to go right now considering how the g2358 performs at 70 dollars. It might be a dual core but it sits up there with the 6 core intels in gaming. 

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

If you're going to be upgrading the system within 2 years get a G3258 and a Z97 board. That way you're good to go right now and you're able to upgrade to Broadwell when or after it releases.

Actually the looks very solid to me, however I personally think that intel cpu's are really the way to go right now considering how the g2358 performs at 70 dollars. It might be a dual core but it sits up there with the 6 core intels in gaming. 

Well, I already have my GPU, and I want to take advantage of Mantle which requires an AMD GPU and CPU.

Hello, I'm working on my first pc build and I was just wandering what some good additions/upgrades would be later down the line. If you have a suggestion please reply with the approximate price, and what the addition would help with.

On this build, two things I have planned already are adding a Coolermaster 212+ EVO, and a Samsung 840 EVO SSD for Windows 8.1 and select games. Thanks in advance.

What about a mouse and keyboard? Try and do some research on the most popular gaming mice and keyboards. Maybe a nice mouse mat as well. Also try to find some nice speakers. You just have to do some digging around, read some reviews, draw some conclusions. 

We can all suggest stuff that WE like, but you might not like it. If i were to suggest a KB/M I would say try to get a G600 (amazing mouse) and some sort of Mechanical keyboard. Like a Corsair K70 or a Ducky shine 3. Otherwise it looks like you have a VERY solid build.

Only suggestions I'd make in terms of your build is try to go Intel. I personally love AMD CPUs for the money, but if you go Intel with that $70 CPU and a Z97 board you have a much longer upgrade path.

Well, I already have my GPU, and I want to take advantage of Mantle which requires an AMD GPU and CPU.

It only require amd gpus. Actually. And even then dx12 will be out next year which will probably do the same thing except much better.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

What about a mouse and keyboard? Try and do some research on the most popular gaming mice and keyboards. Maybe a nice mouse mat as well. Also try to find some nice speakers. You just have to do some digging around, read some reviews, draw some conclusions. 

We can all suggest stuff that WE like, but you might not like it. If i were to suggest a KB/M I would say try to get a G600 (amazing mouse) and some sort of Mechanical keyboard. Like a Corsiar K70 or a Ducky shine 3.

I have been thinking a Razer Naga 2014 or Corsair m65 RGB when it comes out for a mouse. Keyboards, I will probably go K70 or maybe Blackwidow with Razer oranges. I honestly have tried many keyboards and don't notice a ton of difference. I'm really more of a headset kind of person.

Why%20get%20an%20solid%20state%20hard%20#1 priority

Well they are expensive. My original budget was $800 but you can see how that's working out.

Well they are expensive. My original budget was $800 but you can see how that's working out.

get the penitum and use the extra money for a ssd? lol As I said a amd gpu with any cpu works.

It only require amd gpus. Actually. And even then dx12 will be out next year which will probably do the same thing except much better.

That may be so but I do multi-task a lot. I think 6 Cores would be best for me. EDIT: I forgot I have already ordered the AMD FX-6300 it should be here in the next few days

I know, I also know it's 100% worth it. As soon as you can afford one, get it :)

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I know, I also know it's 100% worth it. As soon as you can afford one, get it :)

Will do. What size would you recommend getting?

I have been thinking a Razer Naga 2014 or Corsair m65 RGB when it comes out for a mouse. Keyboards, I will probably go K70 or maybe Blackwidow with Razer oranges. I honestly have tried many keyboards and don't notice a ton of difference. I'm really more of a headset kind of person.

Personally I like the G600 better than the Naga due to the comfort you get from the ring click, but to each their own. The M65 is a good mouse, would suggest. If you want a headset and only game, then look into some of Logitechs or Corsairs stuff. Great headsets there. But if you want to have a headset that's also good for music, then I suggest you look into some $100-$300 headphones + a mod mic. 

120gb bare minimum, if you can afford more 240gb are recommended. You can also get about 512gb for 200$ at the moment, worth it if you have the money, but not necessary.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

As large as you can. Usually the larger the capacity the longer it should last. Minimum should be a 120GB. Good for the OS, some import/always running programs, and a few of the games you play frequently. a 250+ is good, anything higher is great. 

Personally I like the G600 better than the Naga due to the comfort you get from the ring click, but to each their own. The M65 is a good mouse, would suggest. If you want a headset and only game, then look into some of Logitechs or Corsairs stuff. Great headsets there. But if you want to have a headset that's also good for music, then I suggest you look into some $100-$300 headphones + a mod mic. 

I will probably get a cheaper-ish headset. I don't notice a TON of difference honestly. I've been using Nakamichis for a little while. But yeah modmic seems like a good idea. It sound awesome.

I'll take a good hard look at it. Would you recommend modmicing this or is the included mic sufficient?

Should be plenty sufficient. It's not gonna sound absolutely amazing or anything, but it'll sound better than any stock console mic :P

I'll take a good hard look at it. Would you recommend modmicing this or is the included mic sufficient?

Here are some videos by Linus and Logan that should give you a good idea of the mic quality.

(Logan)

(Linus)

Should be plenty sufficient. It's not gonna sound absolutely amazing or anything, but it'll sound better than any stock console mic :P

Alright then. I'll do some research

The AMD 6300 is a wonderful cpu for the price and if youre on a budget build 

I hear its also good for overclocking. Mine will probably be here tommorow.