Blue Haven Update: Now watercooled and FINISHED!

shawno

Hey guys!

Update!

Now watercooled!

Specs:

EVGA 1000G2 PSU

gigabyte z77mx d3h

2 r290X crossfire

the little i5 that could 3570k @ 4.4

16 GB corsair xms3

240 gb samsung ssd, 2 tb steam drive and 1 tb storage

28 inch samsung monitor

Watercooling:

EK r290x Waterblocks with EK backplates

EK CPU block

XSPC photon with d5 Pump

EK 360 radiator

XSPC 240 radiator

Corsair SP120 QE

Started by mocking up everything

post-104915-0-38639700-1408183262_thumb.
thats alot of blue
post-104915-0-51527400-1408205418_thumb.
Leak test!

mmmm yum
probably a bad thing, cant game anymore, spend too much time looking at it!

post-104915-0-27329300-1408241274_thumb.
messy table, but worth it!

After watercooling, my temps are at 45 degrees for both GPUs and the CPU, with thicker radiators i would probably expect lower temps, but im really happy with that. Its so quiet too!!!

post-104915-0-38639700-1408183262_thumb.

post-104915-0-51527400-1408205418_thumb.

post-104915-0-27329300-1408241274_thumb.

Awesome! What fans have you put on those H55's? The stock ones are terrible, apparently.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

Awesome :D but it's not exactly what I'd consider cheapish ^^ MY build is cheapish 4k, i7 2600 and single r9 290! By the way with a liquid cooler you could probably push quite a bit more on that i5, see if you can reach 4.4 :)

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Very nice. Those cards look like they are sagging a bit, or is it the angle of the picture?

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

Awesome! What fans have you put on those H55's? The stock ones are terrible, apparently.

They look like Bitfenix Spectre Pros to me

My Stuff! :D

My Stuff
  • Main Build - Soon to change due to it being dead
  • 4790k @ 4.7Ghz
  • Corsair 750D
  • Swiftech H320
  • MSI Z97s SLI
  • 7950 Vapor-X
  • 16GB Corsair Vengance  Blue LP 1600Mhz 
  • 120GB Samsung 840
  • 2TB Seagate Barracuda
  • Corsair HX750
  •  
  • ​Peripherals
  • Logitech G700s
  • Bitfenix, Corsair, and Darkside cable extensions
  • Das Professional with Cherry MX Brown's & Custom Keycaps
  • 3x ASUS VS238H-P w/ Triple monitor mount in PLP
  • AudioTechnica ATH-M50's 
  • Blue Yeti Microphone
  • TurtleBeach PX3 Wireless
  • Logitech C920 Webcam 
  • Precision Audio Bookshelf Speakers 
  • AudioSource AMP-100
  • Logitech G27 Racing setup
  •  
  • Laptop - Acer 7750G-9855
  • i7 2630QM
  • AMD 6650M GPU
  • 120GB Samsung 840 EVO
  • 8GB RAM
  • Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 
  • Blu-ray Drive
  •  
  • Netbook - HP Pavillion DM1
  • AMD E-450 APU
  • 4GB RAM
  • 500gb HDD
  • Cell Phone - OnePlus One 
  • 5.5-inch 1080p Screen
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor @2.5Ghz
  • 13 Megapixel rear camera
  • 5 megapixel wide angle front facing camera
  • 3100 mAh non-removal battery
  • AC wifi
  • Cell Phone #2 - Nexus 5
  • 5 Inch 1080p Screen
  • Snapdragon 800
  • 8 megapixel rear camera
  • 1.3 megapixel front camera
  • 2300 mAh non-removable battery
  • AC wifi
  • Upgrades for 2014
  • GTX 970
  • i7 4690k
  • 16gb RAM 
  • 1x 1440 or 1600p Monitor 
  • Das Mechanical Keyboard

those vrm's are going to reaaaaaaaaaaaaal toasty 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

manage your cables mister! :P

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Nah no saggys, just the angle. I will make some small alloy brackets to help support them though, as without the stock cooler, they are a little flimsy. i have zip ties supporting them there temporarily until i make them up. if you look closely you can see the top cards zip tie just under the drive bay, second is out of picture.

as for the VRMs, not too bad with the heatsinks on them, im not too worried, id be more worried if i didnt have them. The side cover fans should help it even better.

The fans are spectre pros, nice spot! the corsair fans got relocated to the junk pile.

As it sits, its just mocked up for testing, the other fiddly bits will be done this weekend (cables, supports, fans ect)

Awesome :D but it's not exactly what I'd consider cheapish ^^ MY build is cheapish 4k, i7 2600 and single r9 290! By the way with a liquid cooler you could probably push quite a bit more on that i5, see if you can reach 4.4 :)

yeah, i tried a little higher, but i get crashes any higher. 1.21 volts, turbo off 41 multiplier atm, will investigate and tweek that further soon

gotta replace the cheap coolermaster paste, got some gelid extreme paste for the gpus and cpu to go on.

gotta replace the cheap coolermaster paste, got some gelid extreme paste for the gpus and cpu to go on.

Usually the thermal paste won't make much of a difference unless you are on extreme cooling solutions, which is not your case. As long as the current thermal paste is applied correctly it shouldn't be a problem.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Usually the thermal paste won't make much of a difference unless you are on extreme cooling solutions, which is not your case. As long as the current thermal paste is applied correctly it shouldn't be a problem.

It doesnt make a difference when comparing good pastes, but comparing a bad paste to a great paste can make a substantial difference

Nice build, just have to clean those cables up and it will like super good.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Thanks guys!

So i re-applied the thermal paste and so far, its keeping better temps. Dropped about 4 degrees on the gpus, and the cpu has stabilised itself (temps were erratic before, now idles at 20 instead of jumping between 28-35)

Cable arrangement is done!  Still need to do the GPU brackets to stop the sag, but overall, im happy with it. Tomorrow i need to buy a new 4 pin fan extension, as the CPU cooler fan is running flat out at the moment as all i had was a 3 pin extension.

Put the two spectres on the case panel, hence the 2 connectors at the bottom.

Let me know what you think

post-104915-0-82108400-1405083875_thumb.

post-104915-0-86976400-1405083893_thumb.

That's an awesome build! I guess it just needs a new CPU to gain a little extra power. What's the average fps you get at 4k on around high settings? 

PC SPECS: AMD FX-6300 @ 3.5Ghz (CPU) || MSI 970A-G43 (MB) || 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz (RAM) || MSI AMD 6870 1GB (GPU) || Aerocool 6th Element (CASE) || Sandisk 64GB SSD + Seagate 500GB HDD (STORAGE) || XFX 550w Pro Series (PSU) || ASUS MX239H 23" (MONITOR) || Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro (COOLER) || Logitech G110 (KEYBOARD)

Heaps plenty. More than my gtx 670 at 1080, easily, some games even twice as much, and that's on ultra with aa

Update!

With the two fans on the side blowing into the GPUs, the airflow ended up stalling the front radiator pushing the clean air our. These are now Exhaust fans lol.

So decided to give the VRMs another shot as they got pretty hot (100deg), got some more heatsinks and different thermal tape. Most it got to was 85 degrees.

I Cannot wait until corsair bring out theirs with the heatsinks already in place. Im struggling to think why NZXT thought this was acceptable, given the GPU is the only cooled componant on the card with their design, with a ditzy fan on top to cool the strip of vrms at the rear only.

Anyhoo, thinking of getting the air 540 case, 3 AIOs are pretty hard to fit in the one case with decent airflow, and this removes alot of hardware out of my way.

Thoughts?

Unlock those r9 290's to r9 290x's :D

• 2 weeks later...

So, unsatisfied with the g10 cooling and the setup in the case, I may need to change the name of the thread to the not so cheap anymore 4k pc.

Just ordered an ek cpu kit and two ek gpu blocks.

Plans are:

Air 540 case

360 rad

240 rad

Evga cable kit

Ek supremacy cpu block

Ek plexi gpu blocks

The res and pump combo (dcp)

Primochill hose

All compression fittings

Sticking with the I5 as I'm super happy with how it's performing.

This build will be phase two, and will take a little longer as I'll be modding the case a bit to pretty things up.

nice build, i got the same cpu cooler and it works pretty well for the price, and i love the krakens. nice job

Nice. Needn't say more.

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

Thanks guys. So had a bit of trouble with the original supplier for the gpu blocks, they sold out and a revision 2.0 is due out in a month from ek. I have found another supplier who has them in the mean time

Is it worth choosing the Kraken G10 or should you choose a full water block?