[Build Log] frigidi aeris, 250D, copper tubing, VI impact, 780 Lightning,

Freaky_spider

Intro:

Hello and welcome to my first build log.

The goal is to get as much and as high-end hardware in a 250D as my budget will allow, which is about 2000€.

And at the same time make it both esteasthetically pleasing and pleasing for my ears.

I'm going to use this build for gaming. (And posting on the LTT forum of course)

This is my first time modding, watercooling or sleeving, so bare with me as this will probably take way more time then it should (and i could totaly fail :P).

Part list:

Ordered:

ALL THE WATERCOOLING

Received:

Crucial MX100 512 GB

Corsair 250D

Kingston HyperX Black 8 GB.

Asus Maximus VI Impact

Intel Core I5 4690K

Corsair RM 650 

MSI GTX 780 Lightning 

Watercooling:

EK Full Block Maximus Impact

EK-DDC 3.2 PWM X-Res 100mm high

Planned:

Alphacool NexXxos UT60 120 mm

Alphacool NexXxos ST120 240 mm

EK Full Block GTX780 lightning

BitsPower Matt Black Rigid fittings

Planned mods:

Sleeved cables

Thinking of a window on left side panel

Copper tubing (or Acrylic if i cant find a tube bender)

If possible a drain port on the 120 rad.

Updates:

Update #1 First Parts Arrive 

Thanks to:

-Reddit user Bmarcaur's Corsair 250D build which i will base my build on.

Links: http://imgur.com/a/tLqHG and http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/22s7fe/build_complete_250d_miniitx_rigid_tubing_sleeved/

Thanks for reading!

TL;DR 

Gonna try to make an interesting 250D build :D

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

hehehe well @Freaky_spider I hope it'll be awesome, I will definitely be subscribed.

that makes two of us :D

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

A 780 Lightning and a Maximus board... Dat matching tho.

A 780 Lightning and a Maximus board... Dat matching tho.

watercooling is hopefully gonna resolve the yellow-red clash :D

watercooling is hopefully gonna resolve the yellow-red clash :D

I hope so, it matches but it's just strange. Good luck on the build. :D

I hope so, it matches but it's just strange. Good luck on the build. :D

thanks!

thanks!

So will this be done around the third week of August?

So will this be done around the third week of August?

yes, ill have the build without the WC done this week, 

Then the week between Denmark and Prague i hope to get some of the watercooling done and maybe start sleeving.

the 8th of august ill be back, so id say an ETA of the 2nd week of august

yes, ill have the build without the WC done this week, 

Then the week between Denmark and Prague i hope to get some of the watercooling done and maybe start sleeving.

the 8th of august ill be back, so id say an ETA of the 2nd week of august

Can't wait :)

Subbed :)

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

Update #1 First parts arrive!

So i went to Alternate today to pick up the ordered parts! I will take some pictures after dinner (dont expect anything jaw dropping tho, it's a point-and-shoot camera).

I hope to get the GPU by Friday and the SSD by tommorow.

These are also my last hours with the pc in my sig, buyer is coming at 8 PM to pick it up. Atleast i got a good price for it :D

Boxes

6xq4vs.jpg

More boxes

so1tzo.jpg

again.... more boxes

34j6i5t.jpg

Worst cabling ever :P

2z57ofb.jpg

Dat intel stock cooler 

b87ksg.jpg

Quality of this picture is just horrible, im sorry :(

1zqsow1.jpg

20g1d93.jpg

It's been a few hours :P

buyer came to early so i lost my pc before i could post the pictures, then i watched football and totaly forgot. (posting this on my dads laptop)

i got the pictures taken, but ill upload them tommorow, to tired atm

*updated with pictures* (sorry for double post)

Update #1.1 First parts arrive! 

So my dad went to my grand dad and picked up the SSD on the way back, so i got that!

Some pictures.

Front side

24l1x8o.jpg

Backside

312veao.jpg

SSD it self

1238xdz.jpg

half a TB of sweet speedy storage  :wub:

Update #2 First Boot, GTX 780 Arrives and i found a tube bender

The mailman delivered the last pakage i was expecting today! The GPU.

I also found a tube bender at my dads work that has a thight enough bending radius (which is pretty rare).

Im gonna start measuring the clearance for the pump (only thing im not sure if it will fit), and then im gonna order my WC parts! Im going to Denmark the day after tommorow so expect the first plumbing to start the 22nd of July! (or the day after, depends how tired i am).

Im also going to order my sleeving stuff soon.

Ill update this thread in the next hours with photos. (im fricking hungry right now)

Big Box

GPU itself

9sf784.jpg

Accesoir bag / compartement

2ibngjl.jpg

right is the LN2 VRM cooling unit, left are the documents 'n stuff

eapl3r.jpg

complete box

2nakz7l.jpg

'Lightning' branding

2nhqpw4.jpg

I'll most some pictures tomorrow off the installed GPU (damn this thing is quiet)

**updated with pictures**

In you're picture of the shipping box i can see evrything city,street ...

Always hide that on the internet

-.-

removed

Update that really isnt an update, im also sorry for any mistakes i make whilst typing this because i am typing this on a nordic keyboard... Stupid Danish people...

Seeing that i cant take pictures to illustrate the problems and how im gonna solve them, you´ll have to imagine it :D

Ill have to mod the top panel because normally the GPU block doesnt fit because its to damn high :D 

I also ordered all my watercooling gear today :D 

so expect an update when i get back next tuesday

• 2 weeks later...

update #3 First Watercooling Parts Arrive 

Hello again. Im home again, so its update time! I received the pakage from EKWB store, which only includes the pump and the CPU/MOBO block.

The other pakage is delayed :( , there was a bug on the site where it said they had the Lightning block but in reality they didn't. So that's delayed...

BUT! Glamour shots and benches :D

excact number for the CPU/MOBO block

I just love the copper accents, will go nicely with the copper tubing  :wub:

21dhf9y.jpg

Exact number for the pump

o8uf7s.jpg

Waterblock and the Pump

ogigcg.jpg

Same

ohu8ac.jpg

Glossy surfaceses (thats how you spell it?)

n686cw.jpg

Not going to remove that yet

2qcdson.jpg

I already test fitted this thing, and it will fit nice and snug under the GPU

2vlvfk2.jpg

I will overclock my card this evening, so ill have an update about that too today

Niice. Also, to answer your question about how to spell 'Surfaceses', it's 'Surfaces'. It's just with an extra 's'. Hope that helped you. :)

Sorry for the convoluted speech pattern.