Temps running prime95

sabertooth z97,  i7-4790k, h100i cooler.

with not OC running prime95 im at 60-62c 

usin the built in ez tunning it brings it to 4.6ghz but runs at 85-87c well running prime95, is this to high?

temps look fine to me, your system won't reach prime 95 temps on the regular use, I think you are fine.

room the comp is in was at 80f at time. summer in SFL. just turned on my secondary ac to bring room temp down to 74 and see what happends

Like i said im using the auto OC settings where is a good place to learn how to OC manually?

sabertooth z97,  i7-4790k, h100i cooler.

with not OC running prime95 im at 60-62c 

usin the built in ez tunning it brings it to 4.6ghz but runs at 85-87c well running prime95, is this to high?

I'm running a custom loop and my 4790k with the same overclock is only 2-3c lower. So your temp seems just fine.

@FpsStang

verify in the UEFI, but i believe ASUS uses adaptive mode on their canned overclock

options. thus, using a synthetic benchmark will generate extremely warm temperatures.

another is that ASUS in their canned tunes, will overcompensate on the voltage factor

as any CPU chip can take varying amounts of voltage to perform. it is a great place to

start learning to overclock, but be known, you have a better potential of manually

overclocking.

see @Proton OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

@FpsStang

verify in the UEFI, but i believe ASUS uses adaptive mode on their canned overclock

options. thus, using a synthetic benchmark will generate extremely warm temperatures.

another is that ASUS in their canned tunes, will overcompensate on the voltage factor

as any CPU chip can take varying amounts of voltage to perform. it is a great place to

start learning to overclock, but be known, you have a better potential of manually

overclocking.

see @Proton OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

you are correct on both. i can change those but being new i just left everything on auto.

you are correct on both. i can change those but being new i just left everything on auto.

leaving it on auto can also kill your chip as it might give too many volts and thats one thing you never want

Spoiler

CPU: i5-6600k MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming RAM: G.Skill 16GB 2800Mhz 15-15-15-35, GPU: Sapphire R9 290 SSD: Samsung 840 250GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2, Cooling: EK supremecy EVO ,EK-FC R9 290X with backplate, XSPC EX240 Crossflow & Alphacool UT60 240mm, XSPC D5 Bayres w/ Alphacool VPP655, 7/16-5/8 Compressions/Tubing, Noctua NF-F12 x4 PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 850W Case: Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 http://valid.x86.fr/8g2m02

• 4 weeks later...

hey man can i ask which version of prime95 you are using? just for my own refrence if you could be so kind :D.