Heaven Society - Anime Suggestion Submission

So this will be fleshed out far more at a later date (likely tomorrow). For now suggest anime for the future polls. There needs to be at least one sentance supporting your suggestion and a link to the description from any of these sites: ANN, AniDB, MAL, or IMDb. The suggestion will be entered into their respective categories in the order that they are received.

For poll, results, and discussion history

Rules for suggesting anime / manga in this thread.

​Please limit suggestions to 4 per week

This is to keep each weeks polls containing more then just one members suggestions at a time.

The information required in a suggestion is as follows

• Name of anime preferably in English if available.
  • Link to ANN, AniDB, MAL, or iMDB for the anime / manga being recommended to make sure we know what anime you are referring to avoid any miss understandings like we have had in the past.
  • A brief reason as to why you are recommending the anime / manga.
A good example of the format would be a post in this thread by @Vitalius

Oh, I didn't know we were doing movies too. Here is my movie suggestion list (will update as new ones come up). I'm not going to recommend Studio Ghibli movies. Most of them are automatic "must watch" imo. Same rules as my series suggestion list.

• Redline - This movie's animation is fricking gorgeous and the thing is sooo detailed. A single artist did every single frame by hand over a 7 year period. It's silly to an extent, but in a good way. It ranking above Studio Ghibli movies for me means it is something I very highly recommend.
  • 5 Centimeters per Second - This is a love story in 3 acts. It's got beautiful animation and the story really grabs your heart and squeezes it. It's slow, but I like that. Gives you time to appreciate the animation. Read the epilogue manga novel after you watch it. It adds to the ending.
  • Karas: The Prophecy & Karas; The Revelation - These movies are actually 6 OVAs. 3 OVAs to each "movie". The animation/CGI is kind of great, and the action is fun to watch imo. Supernatural/Action/Mystery are the genres. 
  • King of Thorn - The CGI in this movie is absolutely terrible. I'm getting that out of the way now. However, I really did enjoy watching it. The mystery/reverse "who dun it" story was pretty awesome. The end has a great twist (M. Night Shyamalan level), and it was pretty good overall. The CGI is like poison to me though. I want to rank it higher, but I can't because of that.
I feel like if we are watching a series, the movies go along with it. i.e. Cowboy Bebop's Knockin' on Heaven's Door.

It would also be acceptable if you do not have the name as the link if it is add after the reason 

Things that do not at least attempt to follow this format and include the required information will not be accepted and added to the lists.

If you would like to know how to make link like in the example you can do as @CatCloud posted.

Write something, then mark the text, Click the "link" icon and add the website.

Or @TheProfosist shows how the code is done if you do not want to go through the forums interface for making them.

[url=http://www.google.com]or[url=http://www.google.com]Google[/url]

I would like to suggest No Game No Life as it deals with living in  world dominated by games, I feel it it does this very well, it does it in a strategic way like log horizon but also a funny and light hearted way

http://myanimelist.net/anime/19815/No_Game_No_Life

Wait, I have to reserve a space? :huh:

I guess I'll go first... so if I mess this up, it's on you guys.

I'm suggesting the anime I already suggested Fred in PM, Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi (Sunday Without God) for the simple reason that it's one of those anime that had me captivated from the very beginning and I couldn't stop watching, just had to see all the episodes in one go. It's an Adventure/Action anime that provide a well-told story and should cater to a relatively large audience, as it doesn't really show the gory stuff most of the time and the "drama" isn't that large (nothing compared to, say, Clannad). Don't be put off by the title as I first was, it's not a religious anime in the least. (Unless you consider Death as being part of religion)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Wait what Wheres mah reserved space?!

Wait, I have to reserve a space? :huh:

I guess I'll go first... so if I mess this up, it's on you guys.

*snip*

Dammit it knew this was going to happen once a third person reserved a post. No one needs to resrver anything I just did it myself for easier operation of the thread.

01:04 - TheProfosist: now everyones going to reserve posts :P

Nope I'm not going to reserve a post instead imma do the same thing as@TetraSky
Imma suggest "I couldn;t become a hero so I reluctantly decided to get a job" we've been watching to many serious animes its time for a quick break to watch something stupid and fun.

http://www.crunchyroll.ca/i-couldnt-become-a-hero-so-i-reluctantly-decided-to-get-a-job

http://myanimelist.net/anime/18677/Yuusha_ni_Narenakatta_Ore_wa_Shibushibu_Shuushoku_wo_Ketsui_Shimashita.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

Nope I'm not going to reserve a post instead imma do the same thing as@TetraSky

Imma suggest "I couldn;t become a hero so I reluctantly decided to get a job" we've been watching to many serious animes its time for a quick break to watch something stupid and fun.

I actually thought that one was fun. Could you please post a link so one of the places so I can consider it official and put it into the list?

Welp~ Tossing in Spice and Wolf into the mix~ both seasons are glorious!

It's not your typical romance, its in a sense economics calls made super fun. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Thanks much @RainColt

Welp~ Tossing in Spice and Wolf into the mix~ both seasons are glorious!

It's not your typical romance, its in a sense economics calls made super fun.

Fred your missing something ;)

Thanks much @RainColt

Fred your missing something ;)

Oui

http://myanimelist.net/anime/2966/Ookami_to_Koushinryou

The series has 2 seasons and tons of fans in the West begging for a S3. They've even made petitions.... 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

@MyInnerFred you forget to suggest no game no life for week 10

I didn't forget I swear~! It goes by first come first serve and how many same suggestions at a time. 

I'm positive it'll make onto Week 11. You might as well suggest it here now since voting suggestions have changed to this method(first post of the thread).

Speaking of NGNL.... I'm gonna bust through all these episodes tonight most likely. Looking forward to it. 

I didn't forget I swear~! It goes by first come first serve and how many same suggestions at a time. 

I'm positive it'll make onto Week 11. You might as well suggest it here now since voting suggestions have changed to this method(first post of the thread).

Speaking of NGNL.... I'm gonna bust through all these episodes tonight most likely. Looking forward to it. 

I've suggested it. Word of warning about no game no life, its a very bright and neon coloured anime. 

I've suggested it. Word of warning about no game no life, its a very bright and neon coloured anime. 

So I've been told and noticing on various screenshots lol.

Oui

http://myanimelist.net/anime/2966/Ookami_to_Koushinryou

The series has 2 seasons and tons of fans in the West begging for a S3. They've even made petitions....

Well maybe I'll get one but very unlikely unless some non Japanese company backs it.

Hey man there is always the one random one. That reminds me I need to get in some of my own suggestions.

Better than neon colored sub's ;)

Hey man there is always the one random one. That reminds me I need to get in some of my own suggestions.

Yeah you do that!

Couple of things:

1. Keep a list of already considered anime somewhere. Going back through to avoid suggesting something already voted on is annoying. :P
  2. I recommend Read or Die.

There's an OVA/Movie, then the TV series. The movie is Sci-Fi/Action/Espionage while the TV Series is Sci-Fi/Action/Slice of Life (I love this combination of genres). I recommend watching both. The TV Series is 26 episodes.

The OVA/Movie Read or Die
    The TV series R.o.D: The TV

Edit: This is my reservation. I know I'm not part of the society, but I watch a lot of anime regardless so if it's cool, I'd like to suggest some sometimes.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Couple of things:

1. Keep a list of already considered anime somewhere. Going back through to avoid suggesting something already voted on is annoying. :P

2. I recommend Read or Die.

There's an OVA/Movie, then the TV series. The movie is Sci-Fi/Action/Espionage while the TV Series is Sci-Fi/Action/Slice of Life (I love this combination of genres). I recommend watching both. The TV Series is 26 episodes.

The OVA/Movie Read or Die

The TV series R.o.D: The TV

Edit: This is my reservation. I know I'm not part of the society, but I watch a lot of anime regardless so if it's cool, I'd like to suggest some sometimes.

Already have that in the works I just haven't implemented it yet. You can re suggested already suggested anime which will move it up the list.

I own the BD box set the movie's and the main character *drool*

You don't ned to reserve a post lol that so I can have enough room for everything I want to add to the thread and such.

Already have that in the works I just haven't implemented it yet. You can re suggested already suggested anime which will move it up the list.

I own the BD box set the movie's and the main character *drool*

You don't ned to reserve a post lol that so I can have enough room for everything I want to add to the thread and such.

Cool. Figured, just thought I'd mention it. 

Yes! :D It's one of the anime that got me into the stuff. 

Ah, ok. Everyone else was, so I wasn't sure what was going on and rolled with it. I didn't get a chance to read the other posts.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Your ass should really consider joining us :D 

Your ass should really consider joining us :D

Not enough time I'm afraid. Between watching what anime I have started so far, along with all the other shows me and my nephew are watching, my video games, work, personal projects, side work, and family stuff, it will be a long time before I have extra time to dedicate to watching even more anime and talking about it. 

Plus, I'm not good in a group. For some reason, the process ends up going like this: I join -> I am active -> I make friends -> I become less and less active -> I disappear. A similar process occurs with friends: I befriend them. -> We talk. -> I talk less and less -> I disappear.

It's how it always happens. So I think I should just be a traveler. The guy who shows up from time to time and talks, but disappears for weeks at a time depending on events in his life. 

† Christian Member †