Benq BL2710PT VS ASUS PB278Q

morgish
Hi Everyone,

I hope this is the most appropriate place for this, I am after help afterall.

I am planning on buying 2 x 27" 2560x1440 monitors. Currently it's between the Benq BL2710PT & Asus PB278Q.

I have watched Linus's review on the Asus monitor but struggling to find a decent review on the Benq.
  • I only play game a little bit.
  • The monitors will be mounted via the VESA mount, so the stand / ergnomics isn't imporant.
  • The Benq has USB ports on the side, this isn't imporant to me.
  • Both monitors are with in $5 AUD of each other

Would love to hear some opinions, hopefully from someone who has used one or both of these monitors.
If you have a link to a review on the Benq please share it.

Appreciate any help,

Looking forward to spending more time on the forum.

Kris

Asus tends to have really great monitors, but so does benq, what are you using them for?

I like TFT central

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/benq_bl2710pt.htm 

Also if there is no real difference and you need a deciding factor the BenQ is flicker free which is a very nice feature if you are going to be in front of the screen all day. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

I'll be putting my existing 22" BENQ as the third monitor in portrait.

The only thing stopping me from chosing the BENQ over the ASUS is the lack of reviews, making it a bit of an unkown.

faftek: Mainly VM workstation stuff, test enviroment so lots of diferent machines running at once, swapping between browsing/coding etc. I'm a bit of a stifler for quality though, so really want something with a crisp image, black blacks and white whites.

Appreciate the feedback so far. Would be nice to have all monitors BENQ but don't want that to be my deciding factor.

I don't think you could go wrong with either screens. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

http://wecravegamestoo.com/forums/monitor-reviews-discussion/14252-benq-bl2710pt-review-2560x1440-matte-ahva-auos-version-ips-pls-2.html

The BenQ BL2710PT is one of the best name brand 2560x1440 monitors along with the Viewsonic VP2770 and is superior to the Asus PB278Q (more ghosting, no USB 3.0 ports, uses LED PWM Dimming)

• 10 months later...