Help Quitting My First Job

JoshK

So  I am 14 and I work at McDonalds. It sucks. The money is nice to buy computer parts and stuff but I am so sick of working there I am wanting to quit. This is my first job so I dont know how to quit. Ive heard about 50 different ways of doing it but I dont know how to do it. I am super nervous about quitting but I know that it is time for me to find a new job that better suits me. Thanks guys I know this isnt Yahoo Answers but my parents were no help and neither was google. 

Serious answers only please

stop showing up

usually works

source: I stopped showing up for my volunteer job

Error: 410

They let you work at 14 in Nebraska? Just let the manager know. Give two week notice as well. I started working in the cherry industry at age 15.

I should be studying.

stop showing up

usually works

i need them for a reference

Welcome to life.

Just don't go anymore. Or tell your boss that you're putting in a two-weeks resignation, say for personal reasons if you need to.

Just rage quit in the middle of work.

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

stop showing up

usually works

don't do this. 

I should be studying.

Talk to your manager and just say that you want to quit.

However, unless you don't actually need the money, I'd stick with it until you actually found a better job to replace it.

Never be afraid of saying what you want / need, if you feel like its shit going there every single day just say what you want, " i feel like i cannot work here because (stress/workhours/workplace/people you work with ect,ect), The workplace cannot exactly do anything BUT say okay.

They cannot force you to keep working and i will never advice people to keep doing a work they hate as that will only make them hate it more, if you cant say it to your boss mailing is one way to go.

Give a couple weeks advance notice. Also make sure you get your paycheck before telling the manager you are leaving ;)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Never be afraid of saying what you want / need, if you feel like its shit going there every single day just say what you want, " i feel like i cannot work here because (stress/workhours/workplace/people you work with ect,ect), The workplace cannot exactly do anything BUT say okay.

They cannot force you to keep working and i will never advice people to keep doing a work they hate as that will only make them hate it more, if you cant say it to your boss mailing is one way to go.

Give a two weeks notice to your manager. 

So do I do it in a letter? And yes I do have plans for a new job. I turn 15 in october and Ill be able to apply at Nike and I have already have applied at SkateDaze. And I have to work all this weekend and next weekend so do I put my notice in this weekend while I work? Do I just tell a manager? Letter? how do I put my 2 weeks in. My manager intimidates the hell out of me and thats the only thing really keeping me from not quitting at this point. 

What to do is say it face to face to your boss and give him a 2 weeks notice before leaving, then that way he wont hate you and if you do ever have to go back he'll know your a good kid and respect him

Case: Carbide 300R

CPU: i5 4690K @ 3.90GHz

RAM: 8GB DDR3

Mobo: MSI Z97-G45 Gaming

GPU: R9 290 Tri-X

PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA NEX650G

Storage: 4TB NAS

Drive 1: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM

Drive 2: WD 500gb 7200RPM

Keyboard: Vengeance K50

Headset: Vengeance 1500 V2

Mouse: R.A.T 5

Monitor: LG 24EN33

So do I do it in a letter? And yes I do have plans for a new job. I turn 15 in october and Ill be able to apply at Nike and I have already have applied at SkateDaze. And I have to work all this weekend and next weekend so do I put my notice in this weekend while I work? Do I just tell a manager? Letter? how do I put my 2 weeks in. My manager intimidates the hell out of me and thats the only thing really keeping me from not quitting at this point. 

I would ask if you could talk with him privately and tell him (if possible) I don't know how accessible your manager is.

I should be studying.

what, you make it sound like it's bad advice.

It is. Then you get fired, which is bad. :P

I would ask if you could talk with him privately and tell him (if possible) I don't know how accessible your manager is.

She is usually always doing something and not in her office so should i just go up to her and tell her. "I need to put my 2 weeks in" 

She is usually always doing something and not in her office so should i just go up to her and tell her. "I need to put my 2 weeks in" 

I have never quit a job  :unsure:. Maybe someone else can help you on the specifics.

I should be studying.

"just giving you a heads up that I'm quitting, is there any paper work I need to do?"

you're 14, she'll give you the tl;dr and explain it

Error: 410

day 1: tell your boss that you like his smile

day 2: tell your boss that you like his hair

day 3: tell your boss that you like his laughter

keep doing this until he gets creeped out and fires you, it won't take longer than a week or two