Project: Node (Scratch Build)

Complx

qCw0YP6.jpg

Hi all, I know its been awhile since I have been active on here, but to make up for it, I'm going to share my latest project.  I have been working on this for the past few weeks and have finally gotten to the build phase of the project, which I will be sharing with you shortly.  But for now, here is the initial concept and design.

I wanted to do something simple and minimalist using some fun equipment that I had at my disposal, one of which was a 3D printer.  So I decided to design a case using just 3D printed and laser cut acrylic parts.

I am actually designing this for a friend of mine and he had a certain look he wanted to go for, he REALLY like the In-Win 904 case with that giant window on the side, so I did something similar, just out of 3D printed parts.

gTIju7i.jpg

63jKDbm.jpg

rR9mQIM.jpg

dkMRtCx.jpg
uQpY7lV.jpg 
frjQESN.jpg

w52JPrS.jpg

Another feature I wanted to accomplish with this was a very clean looking motherboard tray with no visible holes for cable routing.  To do this, all the parts are on standoffs and the wires will be routed behind their respective parts to the back panel.

Currently the 3D printed parts are being printed and I should have them sometime next week, I will be ordering the laser cut parts as well next week.

If anyone has any questions or comments, feel free to ask.

Thanks for viewing!

nice case and design work i love it be good for wc have a 240 in the bottom and a 360 in the top

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

That is freaking awesome. I can't wait to see more of this! The way everything is mounted in the 3D model is perfect IMO.

Build: CPU: Intel Core i5 4690k | CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: 8GB G-Skill Ares 1600Mhz CL9 | Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + WD Blue 1TB 64MB Cache + Seagate Barracuda 2TB 64MB Cache | GPU: MSI GTX 960 | Case: Cooler Master Storm Enforcer | Power Supply: EVGA 600B Non-Modular | 

Wow, that's amazing!  :o

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

No cable routing holes?

Cables will be routed behind motherboard.  He said that in his post.

What sort of 3D printing/material are you going to use?

Looks great man. Can I make a small suggestion though?

You guys are crazy. You know you guys are self-destructive. There's a funny farm somewhere and it's got your names written all over it. But I'm gettin' outta here.

Cables will be routed behind motherboard.  He said that in his post.

I know he said that but unless he has tall standoffs, that will be putting quite a bit of pressure on the motherboard

I would at least try something like this PSUPLATES_zpsa04abf32.jpg

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

I know he said that but unless he has tall standoffs, that will be putting quite a bit of pressure on the motherboard

I would at least try something like this:

Yep the motherboad will be on some tall standoffs, in order to compensate for the cables, but your idea is also very interesting.  If things don't pan out well with the way I have invisioned it, I might give yours a shot, thanks!

I would at least try something like this 

Plenty of builds have done this in the past.  The TJ07 comes with long enough standoffs from the factory.  It's pretty common.

Yep the motherboad will be on some tall standoffs, in order to compensate for the cables, but your idea is also very interesting.  If things don't pan out well with the way I have invisioned it, I might give yours a shot, thanks!

I'm not going to take credit for another persons work, the

person that modeled this is a member on this forum.  

His name is scatology 

Plenty of builds have done this in the past.  The TJ07 comes with long enough standoffs from the factory.  It's pretty common.

Thanks for informing me, ill make sure to do some research.

However I haven't seen any build using long standoffs

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

The rendering scenes look very similar to some in Creo, but he could be using anything.

You guys are crazy. You know you guys are self-destructive. There's a funny farm somewhere and it's got your names written all over it. But I'm gettin' outta here.

WOW, really nice 3D rendering.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Followed :)

This should be awesome!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, for those of you waiting on the update, here's what happened, the printer messed up the part pretty bad...so they offered to re-print it, but they had to put it on the back burner due to more pressing projects they have to get done.  (Im getting this done for free since I know some of the people there) I got a call this morning saying it was finished, so I hope to have some photos up tonight.