DIY Guide to keeping your PC cool.

This is something i started doing and it helped reduce my PC temps bye 10c ! 

Step one: Get a decent size fan that can blow twoards you PC

Step two: Take off the side Panel

Step 3 : Freeze 2 liter soda bottles with water in them

Step four: Put bottles in front of fan ( i have 5 bottles) and turn fan on

Step 5 : Enjoy cool temps!

Also dont put to close to PC or the water may blow off onto PC you can leave on side panel for this reason if you like.I would post a pic but im to lazy :)

† TTCF Member † Jesus loves you! Have a good day and stay techie!

I just turn down the AC and have sufficient case airflow

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

I just turn down the AC and have sufficient case airflow

If it gets hot in your house, i live in the desert and the AC only does so much.

Uh. If you need to do that, you should invest in a new cooler. (Or maybe a window AC near the PC?)

I mean, today my room was over 80F and my computer's temps stayed perfectly fine..

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

not sure if troll or serious.

Serious!

My Pentium 3 stays a hair above room temperature (room: 19C CPU: 20C) with the fan undervolted to 5v. I don't think my old rig can get much cooler. My VooDoo on the other hand... I need to find a way to get that thing to run cooler.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Uh. If you need to do that, you should invest in a new cooler. (Or maybe a window AC near the PC?)

I mean, today my room was over 80F and my computer's temps stayed perfectly fine..

Well, I'm in a desperate situation at the moment. Where I live it's constantly 118F! Imagine that. My PC's side panel is off and I don't have an aftermarket cooler. The Intel cooler can't do shit. When I'm playing BF3, the temp goes to 97C and stays there WITH my framerate capped at 31FPS. If I play at 60, the temps would go over 100C and my PC would shut down, and I can't do anything about it.. I'm going to upgrade anyway after a month. 

EDIT: Forgot to mention, those temps are with the A/C!

Humpty Dumpty was pushed.

My Pentium 3 stays a hair above room temperature (room: 19C CPU: 20C) with the fan undervolted to 5v. I don't think my old rig can get much cooler. My VooDoo on the other hand... I need to find a way to get that thing to run cooler.

I don't think you can be fan limited, I think you're simply metal limited. If you could jury rig a bigger hunk of metal to the core you could probably get better temps

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

I don't think you can be fan limited, I think you're simply metal limited. If you could jury rig a bigger hunk of metal to the core you could probably get better temps

I don't think so. With the fan at 12v it runs barely warmer than room temp. Barely.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Well, I'm in a desperate situation at the moment. Where I live it's constantly 118F! Imagine that. My PC's side panel is off and I don't have an aftermarket cooler. The Intel cooler can't do shit. When I'm playing BF3, the temp goes to 97C and stays there WITH my framerate capped at 31FPS. If I play at 60, the temps would go over 100C and my PC would shut down, and I can't do anything about it.. I'm going to upgrade anyway after a month. 

Dang. Order a better cooler and in the meantime, maybe see if you can undervolt without reducing the clockspeed?

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

Dang. Order a better cooler and in the meantime, maybe see if you can undervolt without reducing the clockspeed?

I've never thought of undervolting because I just have an awful PC right here with an i3-2120 and a Intel H61 Mobo.. And I don't really think it allows undervolting, or does it?

Anyway, thank you for your concerns  :)

Humpty Dumpty was pushed.

is it just me or does amarica suffer from heat waves in the summer i live in denmark as you can see and its a record if it gets over 30 degrees in mid summer and we think that is hot as fuck

Also dont put to close to PC or the water may blow off onto PC you can leave on side panel for this reason if you like.I would post a pic but im to lazy :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaC0dlRENk0

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

is it just me or does amarica suffer from heat waves in the summer i live in denmark as you can see and its a record if it gets over 30 degrees in mid summer and we think that is hot as fuck

like 40c is the normal temps in souther states and around 30c almost every were else, it wil be 40c preety much all summer were i live

• 3 weeks later...

Before upgrading the cooler, you definitely should make sure your current heatsink is performing at it's best and can't do any better. Make sure it's not covered in dust and try applying new thermal paste (properly!). No matter what, this will bring down the temps and you can always use the rest of the paste later. Works for CPUs and GPUs alike.

Before upgrading the cooler, you definitely should make sure your current heatsink is performing at it's best and can't do any better. Make sure it's not covered in dust and try applying new thermal paste (properly!). No matter what, this will bring down the temps and you can always use the rest of the paste later. Works for CPUs and GPUs alike.

I have a stock cooler, wich is why i like doing this setup so much!

Might try this for cooling down my room :3 By the way just changing my pc case dropped my temps from around 60 degrees Celsius to 40-45 while playing BF4 High settings 1080p. I currently use the Corsair 330r case and the airflow really helps, especially the two top mounted fans!

CPU - i5 4670K || Motherboard - Asus Z87-C  || RAM - Crucial Ballistix Tactical Memory 8GB || GPU - ASUS GTX 970 Strix || Case - Corsair 330R || Storage - 1TB Seagate || PSU - Corsair CX750 || Displays - AOC 21.5 LED x2 || Cooling - Arctic F12 PWM (x2) Corsair 120+140mm || Keyboard - Corsair K70 MX Red || Mouse - Roccat Kova+ || Sound - Thermaltake TTe Shock Headset

This is actually a very unique idea, I wish I knew this before I had an air conditioner in my room.

It's actually something I never heard of, i'm glad I learned something new today my PC short circuited once because of over-exposure to heat.

making sure your heatsink is actually seated properly and maybe replacing the thermal paste may help.  even considering the ambient temps, that seems maybe a little bit high..

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

• 2 weeks later...

You could always try pouring water into your build from the top to maximise coolness inside your rig. Worked for me.

DAZZA THE DRAGON, MEMER AND KING OF DORITOS AND MOUNTAIN DEW.

My roomate in college used to use, and I shit you not here folks, three ice cube trays on top of his Xbox 360. lol One day I decided to fill his trays with marshmallows... and well lets say he didn't take to kindly of that. haha

Desperate times call for desperate measures.