The Shocking Orange - By Zombie Mods.

ALXAndy
OK time to take care of the HDD box. I don't like it stock, so decided to mod it. First up I removed it.

1_zps9ab7971c.jpg

Then cut out the middle parts and then carved the edges 

2_zps525fef08.jpg

Wrap.

3_zpsfb6bed90.jpg

Better.

4_zpsb9aa7c48.jpg

And then....

5_zpsa5492de7.jpg

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

Looking baller. Do want. Will give three brownies and a Socket A rig. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

now you need to color match your mouse with your rig

I got the mouse really cheap. Might mod it, but the orange parts are pretty much staying orange.

Today I decided to mod the VRM fan.

1_zpsb47c6f56.jpg

2_zps4f6cad49.jpg

3_zps38359f72.jpg

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

This build should be called the big purple money pit because the amount of time and money that has gone into this must be insanely huge

Lmao at that vram cooling thing, beast build tho! sickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

This build should be called the big purple money pit because the amount of time and money that has gone into this must be insanely huge

Don't hate, congratulate...

Lmao at that vram cooling thing, beast build tho! sickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

It's probably the most important fan in the PC. Before I fitted that I was getting DrMOS errors left right and centre complaining about mosfets overheating.

Not sure if you've ever ran X79 before but truss, she's a hottie.

Don't hate, congratulate...

It's probably the most important fan in the PC. Before I fitted that I was getting DrMOS errors left right and centre complaining about mosfets overheating.

Not sure if you've ever ran X79 before but truss, she's a hottie.

I haven't ever ran an x79 so :-)

@ALXAndy congratulations on having the funds to build such an amazing beast :) it's beautiful

I got the mouse really cheap. Might mod it, but the orange parts are pretty much staying orange.

Today I decided to mod the VRM fan.

Posted Image

Is that torch from poundland by any chance? :lol:

The vrm fan looks very cool, must've been a pain to vinyl, I'm going to "borrow" the vrm fan idea not that I think I'd need it but seems like we should all be doing.

Probably use vinyl dye instead

I haven't ever ran an x79 so :-)

12 phases man. 4 more than Haswell.... I got lucky on the CPU too, many did not do more than 4.5ghz on any sort of cooling. I dread to think how much power my CPU is using, would make an AMD FX look lame :D

@ALXAndy congratulations on having the funds to build such an amazing beast :) it's beautiful

hehe sarcasm detected :D Don't worry mate, I'm poor. I just had some luck and decided to spend the money on the PC. The modding has cost very little. Each A3 sheet of acrylic was £5.20 delivered and the dinoc owes me £17 all told.

Making your own parts is a damn sight cheaper than buying them dude. I contacted two companies famed for their acrylic parts, both wanted £30 per GPU back plate. Mine, whilst nowhere near as professional cost me £9 for both. That's £4.50 each....

Is that torch from poundland by any chance? :lol:

The vrm fan looks very cool, must've been a pain to vinyl, I'm going to "borrow" the vrm fan idea not that I think I'd need it but seems like we should all be doing.

Probably use vinyl dye instead

No. The torch is from my local post office and was bought at 11pm one night.... My lady and I decided to go for a late night walk on the beach. Things, erm, happened (snigger) and her glasses fell off and we couldn't find them. So cue us, red faced giggling like 12 year olds going to the only place that was open to buy a torch lmao. It's made by Energizer.. We bought a two pack :D

We found the glasses too :D

I do get a lot of my bits from Poundland though bro, ain't gonna lie. All of my cutting scalpels came from there. My safety glasses came from there, my box of small nuts and bolts came from there. Love the place :D

So to my (pleasant) surprise the postman came with another sheet of acrylic for me :) It came pretty quick this time.. So this time around I figured I'd do the graphics first.

1.jpg

And assembling.

2.jpg

And then mask.

3.jpg

Then off to work...

4.jpg

Drill a hole and set the donut cutter.

5.jpg

And cut.

6.jpg

And then cut the cover panel I need.

7.jpg

Once that was done I covered the panel.

8.jpg

Applied the graphic.

9.jpg

And that's now done.

10.jpg

And fitted.

11.jpg

OK, so then it was time to cover the pump cover. Light had gone in now mind..

12.jpg

And design and print my graphic for it.

13.jpg

Self explanatory.

14.jpg

And about ten minutes later.

15.jpg

And fit.

16.jpg

Next up. Custom floor cover and SSD display. Don't have the acrylic or vinyl yet, so that will be coming next week :)

A little much vinyl for me but I'll still watch this

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

Nice to see someone not following the trend tho

I personally think it's starting to get a little messy and overwhelming.  :huh:

I'm happy with it. TBH the inside is almost done now any way, I've just ordered the final part to mod the front with.

It's no more than I used in my last build, barring the IO cover.

Try not to forget I am covering ugly things like the back sides of PCBs and holes for 5.25" drives. I assure you, panels look way better than what was underneath.

It's not done for visual effect either tbh. Cleaning the PC with those panels on is a breeze. All you do is wet down a cloth with some Windex and wipe. There are no places for dust to sit, like on the back of a PCB where it's incredibly tricky to clean off. You can't take a paintbrush to the back of a PCB because of static, and if you try to wipe it with a cloth the cloth gets caught on the rough parts.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys. Bit of a hiatus on this I'm afraid.

I will be working on it again soon and have the materials for the next phase of modding.

However, I just bought this.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=SC-002-AS&groupid=701&catid=11

SC-002-AS_17443_600.jpg

And will be making a back plate etc for it, as well as modding the front and top of the case soon !

X8 is not finished but it is now at the point where it's all small jobs so I can get back to doing this too :)

That sound card looks real nice, until you get to the off-white bits, so close.

Pentium G3258 @ 4.2GHz | Asus R9 290 | MSI Z97s SLI Plus | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1600MHZ | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | 250GB 840 Evo |Evga Supernova 750W | Win 7 Home Premium | Corsair Obsidian 800D |

i5-2450M @ 2.50 GHz | 8GB RAM | 500GB 5400rpm HDD | Nvidia gt630m | Win 8.1 Pro |

• 2 months later...

That sound card looks real nice, until you get to the off-white bits, so close.

You can't see it, it's buried under the bottom Titan Black tbh.

Necro bump.

OK, so I have a few updates of which to speak of. Firstly, BPM is getting a third GPU. Not another Titan Black (sadly) as those days are behind me now. However, what I do have is a GTX 770 with a Titan cooler. My 65" screen is all but ready to go on the wall next week so I want the 770 to drive my 1080p desk monitor. Plus it will look epic sandwiched between the Titans. So I have ordered some all purple braided cables for it (same as the ones in there only all purple) and I have to take apart the EVGA SLI bridge and will use my heat gun to remove the middle SLI finger.

I also have a different PSU in BPM now, one of these in the 1250w variant.

psu_zpsbc9064c9.jpg

Which should provide more than enough power. I can also use the 770 for Physx to see if it makes a difference.

Last but not least I ordered a purple blacklight cathode kit from Ebay shortly after I built BPM that never did get fitted. So that will be going in too, once the braiding arrives (purple) for the wires on the cathodes :)

So soon there will be lots of photos et al. I also need to give it a ruddy good clean so here's my excuse :)

I really like the paintjob on those PSUs, nice.

Pentium G3258 @ 4.2GHz | Asus R9 290 | MSI Z97s SLI Plus | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1600MHZ | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | 250GB 840 Evo |Evga Supernova 750W | Win 7 Home Premium | Corsair Obsidian 800D |

i5-2450M @ 2.50 GHz | 8GB RAM | 500GB 5400rpm HDD | Nvidia gt630m | Win 8.1 Pro |

It's totally covered sadly because the colours just dont match.

Today I braided the wiring for the cathodes, so they're ready. I just need the Quadro now so I can whip out the 770.