qwertywarrior

my cousin is a xbox fanboy

anyways

it was his first time playing a 60 fps game ever

it was Titan fall on the Xbone

and i wanted his perspective

he said he would rather have 60fps than fancy graphics

he really enjoyed 60fps

it doesnt make any sense why console devs would go with 30 frames on their games

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

eh depends on the game

if its a side scroller/turn based game im okay with sexy graphics and 30fps but for fps/racing/open world adventure/etcetc it would rather have 60fps

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

yeah we know

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

It's always a trade-off between framerate and eye-candy. It's a bit subjective as to what the consumer prefers, and I'm fine with the developer picking either one over the other. It's only a problem when they try and trick the consumer into believing "resolution is just a number" or "30 fps is more filmic" and pretending that they didn't need to make any sacrifices in the first place.

It's always a trade-off between framerate and eye-candy. It's a bit subjective as to what the consumer prefers, and I'm fine with the developer picking either one over the other. It's only a problem when they try and trick the consumer into believing "resolution is just a number" or "30 fps is more filmic" and pretending that they didn't need to make any sacrifices in the first place.

Indeed. :)

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

About that whole "30 fps is more filmic" thing, if they intended on creating a 30 fps experience while still having the horsepower, why not have a 60 fps and 30 fps option?

Wait...why dont ALL console games allow refresh rate/fps options? I think I might be onto something here *sarcasm*

I call my PC Buddy.   Why?  Who knows?

eh depends on the game

if its a side scroller/turn based game im okay with sexy graphics and 30fps but for fps/racing/open world adventure/etcetc it would rather have 60fps

Yeah this how I look at it too, also if its competitive or not. Just a single player experience I'm happy for going with the eye candy even for racing and open worlds. But when you are playing with other people and need quicker responses 60FPS is better.

I prefer smoothness over "intense" graphics any day.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

my cousin is a xbox fanboy

anyways

it was his first time playing a 60 fps game ever

it was Titan fall on the Xbone

and i wanted his perspective

he said he would rather have 60fps than fancy graphics

he really enjoyed 60fps

it doesnt make any sense why console devs would go with 30 frames on their games

You thought we wouldn't notice that this is just another hate post?

He played a FPS game. No wonder he liked the 60fps. Still doesn't mean that EVERY game has to run in 60fps in order to be enjoyable.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

You thought we wouldn't notice that this is just another hate post?

He played a FPS game. No wonder he liked the 60fps. Still doesn't mean that EVERY game has to run in 60fps in order to be enjoyable.

hate post?

this actually happened a few days ago

im was just interested in his point of view since he never played PC games

i would  like to know what game wouldnt be enjoyable at 60fps  other than FPS games ?

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

hate post?

We've heard enough of the 60fps whining over the past few weeks. We are aware that you guys prefer 60 fps. Many of us are aware that our games may run slower. IF we cared enough, then I'm sure we would do something about it even if we weren't reminded all the time.

i would  like to know what game wouldnt be enjoyable at 60fps  other than FPS games ?

It's about games that don't necessarily need to run in 60fps. But since you asked specifically for a game that wouldn't be more enjoyable in 60 fps: Metal Slug 2. The slowdown can actually help to get a higher score.

Here's a quick list of stuff that I enjoyed playing even if the games ran in 30fps "only":

[GC] Legend of Zelda, The: The Wind Waker: 30 FPS

[Wii/GC] Legend of Zelda, The: The Twilight Princess (Thanks to NaturalViolence): 30 FPS

[GC] Luigi Mansion (Thanks to hyperspeed): 30 fps

[Wii/GC] Pikmin: 30 FPS

[GC] Resident Evil 2 (Thanks to hyperspeed): 30 FPS

[GC] Resident Evil 3 (Thanks to hyperspeed): 30 FPS

[Wii/GC] Resident Evil 4 (Thanks to hyperspeed): 30 FPS

[Wii/GC] Resident Evil 0 (Thanks to hyperspeed): 30 FPS

Also:

MSLUGSOK.jpg

Still a blast.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

Here's a quick list of stuff that I enjoyed playing even if the games ran in 30fps "only":

i enjoyed some of those games more on 60fps   especially windwaker

try it on dolphin emulator  feels very smooth and also looks amazing in 1080p

as i said its better when it runs at 60fps im not saying that it becomes crap and unenjoyable ive owned consoles since sega untill  Wii and ps3

ive notice many people would rather have 60fps vs better graphical fidelity

Between the time when games jumped to 3D and the time when consoles started to get HDMI ports? Yeah, if you're going for a particular style of game in that power bracket and it's not a fast paced game? Fair enough. However now that they do have the power to push them to 60fps and maybe sacrifice a bit of visual fidelity, a bit of resolution or push the release out a tad? When we know that games like Titanfall can run at 60fps on the XBOne and Nintendo can get 60fps out of Mario Kart on the Wii U? No excuses.

It can be tolerable with a particular style of game sure. However it's not desirable and it's definitely not an "artistic choice". At best it's a sign that your developers are optimising the game for YouTube Lets Plays rather than the actual players. At worst it's a sign that the game was released before it should have been. Hell, when I play NES games I can tell the difference between the PAL 50Hz release and the US 60Hz version and would much, much rather play the 60Hz version. And that's with 80s games, it's 2014 FFS!

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

It's true, 
For any fast paced game 60 FPS is a must, really.

I'm quite upset Destiny is capped to 30FPS on the PS4 and XBone,
it was my most anticipated console exclusive of the year.

Loads of community interaction and CS:GO gameplay
www.twitch.tv/terosterone

Er yeah and i disagree that 30 fps is ever okay it is just an excuse. And devs abuse the fact that most of the sheeple don't know any better. Why make a game optimized when people still throw their hard earned money at them.

Super OP AF Killer Retro Emulation PC 360 No Scope 420 Blaze It (Sorry I Couldn't Help It) Seriously Though This PC Is Overkill And Before You Ask It Does Play Crysis 1024x768 60 FPS

Intel Core Duo 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz // ASUS P5N-D // Zalman CNPS9500A Air Cooler // 4GB G.Skill @ 400MHz 5 5 5 31 23 // 2 Way SLI GeForce 9800 GTX+ // 32" SONY WEGA CRT TV 480i // Corsair TX750 // Seagate 3TB // Win XP 32Bit // Sony DVD RW // ANTEC Full Tower // Steel Series H Wireless // Logitech K520 Wireless Keyboard // Logitech M510 Wireless Mouse // Logitech G27 Racing Wheel // Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS // HORI Fight Stick Mini // 8Bitdo NES30 Pro / FC30 Pro / SNES30 / SFC30 Bluetooth Controllers

Future Upgrades The New 8Bitdo Wireless SNES Controller With Analog Sticks / 8Bitdo Bluetooth Arcade Fight Stick / Proper HD I Know This Machine Does Not Support 3 TB / Icy Dock 5.25 4 Bay HD Hot Swap Bay For More Seamless Multi Booting Want To Run At Least Win 95, Win XP, Win 7 

i7 3770k @ 4.5Ghz // ASUS Maximus V Formula // CM Hyper 212 EVO // 16GB G.Skill Sniper @ 2133MHz 9 11 10 28 // Crossfire Sapphire 7970 // 42" 4K 60Hz FreeSync WasabiMango IPS // Corsair AX860 // Samsung 1TB 840EVO // Seagate 3TB // Seagate Barracuda 160GB sata II // OCZ Vertex 3 90GB sata III // Win 10 64Bit // ASUS DVD RW // 2 Corsair AF 120 // 2 Corsair SP 120 // 2 xigmatek 120 // Corsair 760t white flavor // NZXT HUE+ RGB Controller // Sennheiser G4me Zero // Steel Series H // Corsair M95 // Corsair K95 // 3 Xbox 360 Controllers // Dolphin Bar // Wii U Mote // Leap Motion Plus // Logitech G27 Racing Wheel // Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS // HORI Fight Stick Mini // 8Bitdo NES30 Pro / FC30 Pro / SNES30 / SFC30 Bluetooth Controllers

Future Upgrades 1080Ti or Vega RX64 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/16900-nothing-special/

I prefer both, that's why I have a 780ti :P

CPU: i7 4770k@4.3Ghz GPU: GTX 780ti Motherboard: ROG maximus vi formula PSU: Evga supernova 1000w Platinum

Case: NZXT Switch 810 Memory: g.skill ripjaws X Cooler: Corsair h100i(getting custom loop when i get money next) Storage: Samsung 840 evo 250gb Keyboard: Corsair K95 Mouse: SteelSeries Rival

q

I let my cousin play on my PC instead of on his xbox 360, he now owns a PC I'm helping him build. Need I say more lol?

In actuality:

It took him awhile to get used to kb/mouse, but after about 5 minutes of him gaming on my PC, he literally didn't want to stop.

(I woke up everyday after that to see him gaming on my PC for a few weeks, LOL)

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

• 2 weeks later...

My first 60fps experience (that I'm aware of) was in the first Gran Turismo. If you beat the arcade mode, you get a special stage night track with reduced background detail that allows the PS1 to push it to the maxx.

I would personally have 30 fps and pc graphics rather than console graphics and pc fps. I don't blame game devs they are doing the best with what they got. Fortunately 30 fps is FAR from unplayable rather than what many of you might believe. Have some games that run at thirty and at ultra/high and some that run at 60 on ultra/high I enjoy both but still prefer 60. I however, unlike most people, would buy a console at a $500 price point just because they are easier and make more sense at that price point. A gaming pc only really become applicable at a $1000 price point.  

I can't seem to see difference between 30 and 60 fps

• 2 months later...

I was playing Donkey Kong Country on the Wii U VC yesterday. First time I'd played the US version of that game, first time I'd actually played it though something as clean as a HDMI output. And damn, going from 50Hz to 60Hz the game shines. Everything about it is just nicer and smoother. So I decided to go on MiiVerse to vent my elation about this, MiiVerse being the place where early on in the Wii U's life there was a HUGE push for VC games in the EU to all be the 60Hz NTSC versions because of this. We got crap in the 90s, no reason we should still be getting it now PAL vs NTSC is no longer a thing. I was kinda shocked by what the kids were saying....

Here's a shortened version of the convo I had with one of these kids:

Kid: "Regardless of speed, I still insist that the 50Hz version of the game should at least be available as a cheaper alternative to the 60Hz version. I'm enforcing this by not downloading any Virtual Console games"

Me: "The thing about PAL and NTSC is that some PAL versions ran slower but only if they were badly converted. The conversion of this game was done well originally so that's not an issue. The only difference with DKC is that the NTSC version runs at 60fps rather than 50fps. If you don't want 60fps? You should have gotten a XBOne not a Wii U"

Kid: "Oh, I'm fine with not having 60 FPS – at least 30 FPS will be OK. The main thing is that I should have the PAL version to be consistent with both my country"

Other kid: "It is NTSC or whatever,the game still has great detail and lovley music. It runs very smooth,almost too smooth and feels and handels great."

Kid: "No matter how similar/different the two versions might be, I insist upon the PAL version - hence why I still use the Wii Shop Channel. I'd write an email to Nintendo Customer Support about this"

Kid: "Oh, by the way, I don't think the “should've purchased an Xbox One instead of Wii U” statement is valid. They're too expensive, and they don't even have the games I know and love"

Me: "It was a joke. Nintendo's games are running at 60fps, even their 20+ year old games were going at 60fps. All this while the "high end" is going through a phase of thinking 30fps is plenty. It's not. Frankly I'm shocked that this "<60fps is better" mindset has spread so far. Now we even have people asking for the gimped PAL ports because they can't handle the full glory of 60fps gaming goodness."

I don't understand this mindset. How has it spread so far that some people are even demanding that they get the inferior versions of classic games just so it looks "more authentic". I guess that's what happens when gaming becomes less about how the game actually plays and gets sucked into the PR that covers up poor performance. Or when some of the other players try to match what can be done on PC using hardware that isn't really upto it. I mean really, push the hardware to its limit.... but give me 60fps. Don't settle for less especially when it's a game that can be pushed to 60fps. All of the barriers have dropped, why do people want to go back to what was objectively a lesser experience?

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

Console devs don't want to give variable refresh rate or other options because of parity between all consoles. Someone playing a 60fps shooter with low graphics might do better than someone who set it at 30fps with max console graphics.

Frame rate was the very first thing I noticed when I switched from console.

I was like oooooooooooooooo

and then when I started playing at 1080P

I was like ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Put them together and it's amazing

I can't stand playing games with a mouse and keyboard at anything below 60fps. Games with a controller are playable in 30fps however, still not something that I strive for when gaming.