They're gorgeous... also that X41 performance, sweet.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

Software is one of the ways many components will be fleshed out and improved in the future. Corsair and ThermalTake have software for their power supplies, though it's early days and there are many anecdotes of C-Link not working well or at all. Software for managing and monitoring fan speeds, LED lighting, temperatures and more are improving everywhere. I predict they'll be a big selling point for many products in the near future.

This looks so much better than H100i. I recently switched to the Noctua DH-N15 from that. So goooooood.

i wonder will the cam work with my X40 i see no need to upgrade but the packed in kraken control isn't any better maybe worst but i already have MSI after burner ,AI suite 3,real temps so it maybe just a waste to run  

could someone explain me what's a variable speed pump?

i don't quite get it, the pumps in previous AIOs had already have variable speed pump...meaning you can change the speed of the pump

so what's new in that?

means that the speed of pump is now dependant on water temperature in AIO and it's controlled by AIO rather than mobo?

i think you could achieve this before as well with some motherboards

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it.

I've been waiting for someone to review these

could someone explain me what's a variable speed pump?

i don't quite get it, the pumps in previous AIOs had already have variable speed pump...meaning you can change the speed of the pump

so what's new in that?

means that the speed of pump is now dependant on water temperature in AIO and it's controlled by AIO rather than mobo?

i think you could achieve this before as well with some motherboards

Nope the older pumps didn't have variable speed. Yep, Variable speed in this case, means the pump has feedback on water temp and will run slower or harder depending on the temps and is automatic. 

You could do it with some high class motherboards, but I wouldn't risk it since pumps don't work in the same way as fans. Also, Variable speed pumps have a broader range of RPM and can usually run faster than constant RPM pumps.

Its actually Linus' recommendation to always get the variable pumps and just set it to max rpm if you ever wanted a constant rpm pump.

"01:06" Linus says NCIX instead of NZXT. Professional unboxer? I don't think so. ;)

nice product though I'll keep them in mind.

I've been waiting for someone to review these

Nope the older pumps didn't have variable speed. Yep, Variable speed in this case, means the pump has feedback on water temp and will run slower or harder depending on the temps and is automatic. 

You could do it with some high class motherboards, but I wouldn't risk it since pumps don't work in the same way as fans. Also, Variable speed pumps have a broader range of RPM and can usually run faster than constant RPM pumps.

Its actually Linus' recommendation to always get the variable pumps and just set it to max rpm if you ever wanted a constant rpm pump.

when you say that pumps didn't have variable speed pump, that to me means that older pumps were running at constant rpm

but i can't agree with that

i got my H220 plugged in the cpu header and it's running from 1.3k rpm to 3k rpm and haven't had any problems since that rattling noise that got resolved after turning the pump around

but i keep it at lowest rpm till 70°C and it never reaches that temp

but it still have variable speeds and by setting the fan curve differently, i could also have it react to different CPU temps

am i missing something?

when you say that pumps didn't have variable speed pump, that to me means that older pumps were running at constant rpm

but i can't agree with that

i got my H220 plugged in the cpu header and it's running from 1.3k rpm to 3k rpm and haven't had any problems since that rattling noise that got resolved after turning the pump around

but i keep it at lowest rpm till 70°C and it never reaches that temp

but it still have variable speeds and by setting the fan curve differently, i could also have it react to different CPU temps

am i missing something?

Yes you're on point, but not all motherboards have that feature where you can set a fan curve. There are some low end motherboards where fans just run on constant speeds.

This one's a self-contained unit that has better feedback since the sensor is probably stuck to the copper plate. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but IIRC most CPU temp sensing is done using inference i.e. temps aren't physically measured at the center of the heat spreader but temps are calculated/measured at multiple points and the temp at the center is calculated.

I found a source on how AMD calculates its temps, I don't know if Intel does it the same way but with a sensor/core basis though.

http://help.argusmonitor.com/index.html?TemperaturemeasurementforAMDCPUs.html

Is the Nzxt Kraken X61 better then Corsair H110?

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Anyone else noticing some graininess in the video? 

I looked through some other videos and I didn't notice it (tried different monitors as well) 

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

Dammmmn. I just wish they weren't $20-$30 more than the h100i.

Nvious Yet?

How would the X61 compare to a cooler master Glacer 240L? Isn't there a graph which shows all coolers side by side?

I've been waiting to get Linus' opinion on the coolers. 

You're getting a good bit more performance/silence, it's actually a nice value (imo)

Totally agree especially on the silence part since you can really control both the fans and pump plus the it actually as more surface area.

Anyone else noticing some graininess in the video? 

I looked through some other videos and I didn't notice it (tried different monitors as well) 

Yep.

Is the Nzxt Kraken X61 better then Corsair H110?

I was thinking the same thing. 

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

Yes you're on point, but not all motherboards have that feature where you can set a fan curve. There are some low end motherboards where fans just run on constant speeds.

This one's a self-contained unit that has better feedback since the sensor is probably stuck to the copper plate. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but IIRC most CPU temp sensing is done using inference i.e. temps aren't physically measured at the center of the heat spreader but temps are calculated/measured at multiple points and the temp at the center is calculated.

I found a source on how AMD calculates its temps, I don't know if Intel does it the same way but with a sensor/core basis though.

http://help.argusmonitor.com/index.html?TemperaturemeasurementforAMDCPUs.html

oooooh

i see now

thanks for clearing that out for me

i get it now

but i still think that calling it first variable speed pump is a bit of a stretch

imo first self monitoring aio or something along those lines would be more appropriate and accurate

How is the noise of the x61 compared to the NH-D15, considering its higher performance?

Desktop: i7-4790k, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 3TB, 2xR9 290 Vapor-X's (1 working atm), Asus Z97-Pro, NZXT H440 White, 16GB G. Skill Sniper RAM, NZXT HALE V90 850W.

Laptop: Samsung Chromebook 11.6" 

Phone: 8GB Galaxy S4

How does this compare to corsair's h110? I think that would've been a better comparison since they're both dual 140mm coolers

How does this compare to corsair's h110? I think that would've been a better comparison since they're both dual 140mm coolers

The Noctua NH-D15 does better than that slightly when running and slightly less when idle (see Linus' video on the NH-D15 for specifics), so this one has about a 2 degrees decrease when running.

Desktop: i7-4790k, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 3TB, 2xR9 290 Vapor-X's (1 working atm), Asus Z97-Pro, NZXT H440 White, 16GB G. Skill Sniper RAM, NZXT HALE V90 850W.

Laptop: Samsung Chromebook 11.6" 

Phone: 8GB Galaxy S4

Duuuuuuude I was just about to purchase a x40 and x60, When will these be available in Australia!?

I currently have the h110 that I just bought the other day because Microcenter didn't have the x61 (just the x60). They'd probably have it before my 30 days exchange is up though, is it worth switching out?

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K @ 4.5GHz  |  Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO  |  Mobo: ASRock Fatal1ty FM2A88X+ Killer

GPU: Asus R9 280X  |  PSU: Corsair HX850  |  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 120GB  |  HDD: Seagate 1TB 7200rpm  |  CASE: Fractal Design R4 Blackout