Samsung Note 3 vs Samsung S5 VS HTC M8

X1XNobleX1X

Which one should I get? I have had experience with the Samsung Note 3 and I like it.

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

No LG G3? It'd probably be the best of the bunch.

I also wouldn't buy a Note 3 with the Note 4 being so close.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Note 3 is a great phablet , i own one and i would never go back !

Current Build : 

CASE: Fractal Design R4 w/Window CPU: Intel 4930K,  RAM: 16GB Ripjaws Z 2133Mhz  Cooling: H100i  MotherBoard: Asus P9x79 Pro , PSU: CS750M   Storage: 2x Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb , 1Tb Seagate Barracuda, 500GB WD Black,  Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 780 Windforce 3GB,  Monitors: AOC G2460PG ( G sync monitor), Edge10 24" 1080p , 24" 1680*1020p monitor ( LCD)  Microphone: Blue Yeti  Keyboard: Cougar 700k  Phone: Samsung Note 3  Headphones: Sennheiser HD598

Laptop:

CPU: 
4710MQ  Ram: 8GB 1600MHz Storage:120Gb 840 Evo + 1Tb 5400Rpm HDD  Graphics: GTX 850M 2GB   Screen: 1080p IPS  

note 3 is better than the S5

but i would rather get  the M8 or the xperia Z2 (both have character.... not just a hunk of plastic)

but i would rather get  the M8 or the xperia Z2 (both have character.... not just a hunk of plastic)

Z2 has some really weird quirks, like how they improve the display in some way but they lose outdoor visibility against direct sunlight. The camera is them same 20mp and has improved processing though the processing is still the issue unless you want to stick to Superior Auto mode and it doesn't add anything in the software that you couldn't get from the 2013 flagship the Z1.

Which one should I get? I have had experience with the Samsung Note 3 and I like it.

Are you gonna be consuming a lot of media on your device?

$$金Trill金$$

Z2 has some really weird quirks, like how they improve the display in some way but they lose outdoor visibility against direct sunlight. The camera is them same 20mp and has improved processing though the processing is still the issue unless you want to stick to Superior Auto mode and it doesn't add anything in the software that you couldn't get from the 2013 flagship the Z1.

Are you gonna be consuming a lot of media on your device?

i just bump the brightness up to max when its bright out side. since the battery is huge it last through the whole day with at least 3.5hrs screen on time at 60% brightness for a 15hr day.

camera wise it much better than the 4Mp one on the HTC one(m8) or any other one out there. maybe not the nokia 1020 but much better than most other smartphone cameras.  if you can figure out how to use manual shooting. that gives the best quality pics. 

i have used both the Z2 and the M8 side by side and the speakers are better on the HTC but not by much. both are worlds better than any other one out there.

software wise there was noting broken on software wise. both the Z2 and M8 have incremental updates to their software side.

you just have to use these phones to figure out what is good and bad about them. and it also depend on your lifestyle.

I got the M8, over the S5 and Note3. I'm not disappointed with my choice.

I would definitely wait if I can. The Note 4 is supposed to pack a Snapdragon 805, and theoretically improves the GPU's performance by 40%. However, The 5433 packs a completely new architecture that makes it more powerful than the 805. A-53 and A-57 cores/Mali-T760 used in the octa core version of the Note 4 scored higher on Antutu benchmarks, since it packs a better CPU and a better GPU. The better GPUs supports the theory that the Note will come with a 2K display. The octa-core version which is likely going to get released as an international version is going to be more powerful than the counterparts sold in the US. (Guessing by statistics. All devices might use the Exynos instead since the Note 2 used an Exynos instead of a Snapdragon, but why in hell would Samsung be testing a Snapdragon variant than?)

If you can't wait, I recommend the S5 over the Note 3. Although I currently own a Note 3, the S5 packs the best smartphone display on the market (judged my displaymate, industry standard) and the ISOCELL camera which reviewers also claim as "best smartphone camera available". It also IP 6/7 certified meaning it can stay under 5ft of water for 30 minutes, and is also dust proof. 
There is also the Galaxy F rumored to be the premium version of the S5, likely utilizing aluminum as the chassis to compete with the M8 for people who prefer "premium" materials.
Long story short, get the S5 if you want it now, or wait for the F/Note 4.

*The back of the phone is a leaked photo of the F. Gorgeous isn't it?s5-promo.jpg

note-4-exynos-snapdragon-1.jpgnote-4-exynos-snapdragon-2-497x480.jpg

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

Nope. Go Google the S5 having the best display and the ISOCELL camera. They use different technologies. The only advantage the Note has over the S5 is more RAM capacity. 

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

I had an LG G2 and traded it for an M8. 100% would never go back. this thing is outstanding 

Its definetly worth the wait for a Note 4 if you can, Personally I am a Note 3 user and loves it just change the stock samsung ROM with a good ROM (XNOTE, Omega etc..) phone is snappy and could handle a large workload. but only go this method if you need the screen realestate because sometimes it can feel a bit big.

If you are looking for a good Mobile Phone with excellent buld qulity go with the M8

Just dont even consider S5 its not worth all the hype. Personally I consider Note series to be samsungs True Flashship :)

- Wit Beyond Measure is Man's Greatest Treasure -

CPU   : Intel Core i7 4770K @ 4.2GHz  |  Cooler  : C orsair H110 |  Motherboard  : Asus  ROG Maximus VI Formula | RAM : Kingston   HyperX 8GB * 4 (32GB) |  VGA  : 2x Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X in CROSSFIR E | SSD : 2x  Intel 530 Series 120GB SSD in RAID0

Storage  : Western Digital Caviar Black  2TB | PSU : Coole rmaster Silent Pro M2 1000W | Chassis : Coolermaster Cosmos SE 

I guess it really depends on what you're looking for but whatever.

The Note 3 and the M8 are both great.

If you want a large screen and great battery life along with many other great hardware features go with the Note 3, but if you could wait go for the Note 4.

If you want amazing build quality and a snappy OS along with great specs go with the M8.

The S5 is not worth it at all. They're laggy in the OS and are essentially the S4 with minor upgrades.  The camera is great though, but so is the Note 3's.

Really the M8 and the Note 3 are both amazing choices and the S5 should be left behind.

I would go G3, but since you did not say anything about it, Note3

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

I have the one m8. couldn't be more satisfied! :D