Ubisoft Massive Sweden leak on Division downgrade

deathjester

Brother

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Well not too surprising being Ubisoft.....

tumblr_inline_mo54k2dcIG1qz4rgp.gif

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

"not make the experience so different on consoles as to alienate people into thinking that next generation is not as powerful as PC"
maxresdefault.jpg

What the fuck? This is not a thought, this is a FACT.  The next generation IS not as powerful as a PC of the same generation and it never will be.

It's all about money guys. If Ubisoft is being pushed by Microsoft and Sony to keep the gap as close as possible, you just don't go and bite the hand that feeds. We can complain all we want but games sells well on consoles. If there's a big differences between the PC, consoles won't sell so do games for them.   

And no, it's not all people that will switch from consoles to PC... I wish but it won't happen for now. 

It sucks but I think that's what going on backstage. There's definetly more to it than anybody here knows. There's no real reasons to do what Ubisoft is doing besides business and money.

I just whish all publishers were more like "Let's push foward on the more advanced platform !". Like CD Projekt, Robert Space Industries, etc. 

of course they're telling them! because if the graphics are that much better then potential console buyers will be inclined to go pc.

Not necessarily, if anyone on console attempted to go towards a pc. Seen how much more it would cost than a console they wouldn't be able to understand the price justification. They would stick with the console because it is "good enough." Much like how people buy low end pcs today that are outdated the moment they're made, they're good enough for some people who are too careless with money and have an inability to learn that the extra cost comes with rewards. We live in a lazy world, it takes effort to figure out how spending more money for a pc is better than a console that runs "just fine" so they would NOT be likely to go to pc. 

Console gamers aren't in it for the graphics, most of them anyways. They want a casual experience and that's what the console delivers.An easy to play system that you can start playing a game relatively quickly. Graphics are nice but to most they aren't the driving point when it comes to consoles and even if it was. Unless they've seen first hand the difference between a console and pc graphics they wont even think the consoles look bad.

I wish they just wouldn't even develop the games for the pc. They obviously have no care what goes into a pc title, complete disregard for the customers who buy their games. Sure it would suck not having the games, but the devs doing this stuff would have better reps and not be shooting themselves in the foot when the truth comes out. I hope that ubisoft suffers in sales over the next 4 quarters and it spreads like wildfire. This kind of carelessness towards the people who line the devs pockets should not exist and those who do it don't deserve to have any of our hard earned money.

Like I said before when you buy a console you don't expect it to be the best. But when you build a pc you deserve the best that the developer can deliver. I didn't pay $2500 for my rig to play with the same graphical fidelity and performance as a $500 console. Frankly it's a slap in the face to all pc owners that ubisoft or any dev thinks it's okay to do this. I hope the consumer outlash from all this forthcoming news hurts the companies doing this the most.

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

It's all about money guys. If Ubisoft is being pushed by Microsoft and Sony to keep the gap as close as possible, you just don't go and bite the hand that feeds. We can complain all we want but games sells well on consoles. If there's a big differences between the PC, consoles won't sell so do games for them.

To this entire argument: No, the PC now makes more money than consoles.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Wooow  to think I just spent my hard earned money @8/hr on a couple grands worth of PC to get that premium experience and quality and then hear about this is fucking awesome. YAY .  FML. 

(I know all hope isn't lost but this is all very disappointing and I feel robbed and lied too) 

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

Like I said before when you buy a console you don't expect it to be the best. But when you build a pc you deserve the best that the developer can deliver. I didn't pay $2500 for my rig to play with the same graphical fidelity and performance as a $500 console. Frankly it's a slap in the face to all pc owners that ubisoft or any dev thinks it's okay to do this. I hope the consumer outlash from all this forthcoming news hurts the companies doing this the most.

This man speaks the truth, 

Fucking ridiculous if you ask me. 

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

To this entire argument: No, the PC now makes more money than consoles.

I would like to see clear figures of AAA titles. Everything I see always is always global. Which means money farming shit like candy crush are probably included.   

But if Assassin's Creed sales more on PC, houray ! 

This man speaks the truth, 

Fucking ridiculous if you ask me. 

Almost the truth. Peasants expect the best... It's sad but it's what it is. 

This makes me rage... :angry:

That line is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Besides when has console users cared about graphics. And yes console hardware is weaker than PC so lets just make the game look terrible so they feel better. Really? They should not consider this since PC has the most powerful hardware it should not be gimped.

Wooow  to think I just spent my hard earned money @8/hr on a couple grands worth of PC to get that premium experience and quality and then hear about this is fucking awesome. YAY .  FML. 

(I know all hope isn't lost but this is all very disappointing and I feel robbed and lied too)

I completely understand, this is why I'm in no hurry to upgrade. Here's 1 game that I need to upgrade to play: Metro last light. But because of their bullshit practice of releasing a major, really important feature as DLC at launch I'm not in any fucking hurry. There's also Witcher 3 and while I'm mostly still behind that game, I want to go with AMD hardware and they're fucking around with Nvidia hairwork or whatever. Star Citizen is another one and I have no major objection, but is not like I really need a system to run it for the next 1 or 2 years at best for when it's finally out.

Other than that fuck EA so no Simcity, No Battlefields, No Titanfall, No Crysis games. Fuck Ubisoft so no more Farcries, No AC, No Watchdogs. Fuck Square so there goes Tomb Raider and a bunch of other Eidos games. Fuck Take Two so no I won't get GTA V either and I doubt their claims of nicer PC features meaning I can run it on my ancient 2009 hardware no problem (if I wanted to, but I don't) I look forward to future Bethesda games (note Bethesda, not those fucking zenimax posers who wasted the IP on that stupid mmo) but since they're probably doing another Fallout first I'm not terrible worried about playing that (I still have New Vegas on my steam account and haven't even started playing it)

So there's fuck if any reason for me to spend lots of cash on updating. Even if I did update most companies are nerfing the fuck out of this games anyway so why would I want anything better than a 280x?

-------

Current Rig

-------

Consoles seem to be that one kid that has trouble keeping up in all classes but his parents refuse to believe he needs "special treatment" or a different learning method.

Also I know we're all pissed off at Ubisoft but I think there's more to it than this. It's not like Ubisoft is making the consoles. Making consoles look as good as PCs three times the price doesn't seem to have any direct benefits to Ubisoft as a company that I can come up with.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

This is the game that inspired me to build a beastly rig and even switch to PC. Fuck this shit. There better be a mod or something.

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

We need a GIF of Linus digging with the caption

"UBISOFT JUST KEEPS ON DIGGING"

if you watch him on NCIX this shouldn't be a problem

Close enough? BTW, I just made this.

gallery_37587_679_873.png

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I would like to see clear figures of AAA titles.

Point taken but I wouldn't: they're mostly crap even beyond this intentionally nerfed ubisoft shit. I rather have a ton of mediocre indie games with an occasional gem than a ton of mediocre AAA games that cost way too fucking much both for consumers and for devs.

-------

Current Rig

-------

My games have to suffer because the "next gen" is hand cranked clock radio? 

ಠ_ಠ Ubishit ಠ_ಠ

AMD Ryzen 5900x, Nvidia RTX 3080 (MSI Gaming X-trio), ASrock X570 Extreme4, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB @ 3200mhz CL16, Corsair MP600 1TB, Intel 660P 1TB, Corsair HX1000, Corsair 680x, Corsair H100i Platinum

Almost the truth. Peasants expect the best... It's sad but it's what it is. 

When we buy something with our hard earned money we deserve the best the developer can deliver and nothing less. I'm sorry that you're one of those people who stunt growth by just accepting the way things are, that's what's sad.

You think it's okay for sony and microsoft to release underpowered systems that devs can't even develop games the way they want, then the devs limit pc users experience because sony and microsoft couldn't get their stuff together and release a system that was satisfactory? Lets make everyone suffer for the manufactures lack of drive to produce a high quality console, yea that seems right.

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

We're definitely all pissed that we can't push our machine to the maximum. Can you imagine what it will be in 2-3 years !? Can't wait to see mid-range cards running games at 4k 120fps...

When we buy something with our hard earned money we deserve the best the developer can deliver and nothing less. I'm sorry that you're one of those people who stunt growth by just accepting the way things are, that's what's sad.

Yeah cause posting people giving fingers will change things. I don't want to break your own little world but complaining on this forum won't change shit.

We're definitely all pissed that we can't push our machine to the maximum. Can you imagine what it will be in 2-3 years !? Can't wait to see mid-range cards running games at 4k 120fps...

That's the thing: why would you need better cards? With crap games high end hardware sales will suffer. With those sales suffering Nvidia and AMD would continue on their yearly upgrades or even longer. The worst part is that this fucking bullshit tactics from Ubisoft actually work: this kind iof practices can successfully slow PC progress overall artificially.

So I encourage you to go find Microsoft and Sony executives on the streets and slap them across their stupid faces.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Yeah cause posting people giving fingers will change things. I don't want to break your own little world but complaining on this forum won't change shit.

It isn't about pointing fingers or about complaining on a forum. It's about spreading the word, getting it into as many peoples minds. That is what makes things change. When enough people take a stand, you obviously have a very closed mind jumping to conclusions thinking I'm complaining on this forum or that I believe complaining here will change anything. Who's living in whose little world?

If you honestly believe that saying and doing nothing will do just as much good, well you must be living in a country where your voice means little.

It isn't about pointing fingers or about complaining on a forum. It's about spreading the word, getting it into as many peoples minds. That is what makes things change. When enough people take a stand, you obviously have a very closed mind jumping to conclusions thinking I'm complaining on this forum or that I believe complaining here will change anything. Who's living in whose little world?

If you honestly believe that saying and doing nothing will do just as much good, well you must be living in a country where your voice means little.

No I'm saying that complaining won't change shit. The only thing that can make things change is money. If everybody still buys their games, nothing will happen. @qwertywarrior said it. Boycott's the only way. 

No I'm saying that complaining won't change shit. The only thing that can make things change is money. If everybody still buys their games, nothing will happen. @qwertywarrior said it. Boycott's the only way. 

Yes and that is the whole point of this discussion. Just telling people to boycott something wont do much good, unless they believe it themselves then it will likely fade and fail. If you can provide legitimate objective discussion that can persuade people to boycott that is much more effective. As I recall I wasn't here complaining, not in the sense it frustrated me and I'm here to rant. Complaining in the sense that it is ridiculous and we need to put a stop to it, then elaborating as to why, then yes.