Ubisoft Massive Sweden leak on Division downgrade

deathjester

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/rumor-the-division-has-already-been-downgraded-visually/

http://whatifgaming.com/the-division-developer-insider-we-already-downgraded-a-few-things

"We really loved the reception to the demo we showed on the PC version at E3. Currently as it stands, there is definitely a lot of push coming from publishers to not make the experience so different on consoles as to alienate people into thinking that next generation is not as powerful as PC. This is probably what happened at Ubisoft Montreal. I think that while making stability changes is definitely important, it does not completely obliterate a lot of enhanced rendering applications.

Right now we already took out quite a lot of screen space reflections from the game and are working on asset management the best we can given consoles have that great unified memory. Naturally we will also be using online servers and have to produce a synchronization that higher graphics add to the latency so it had to be turned down. To me it still looks good, but not as good as the original reveal. I am sure as we get closer to launch and the actual console versions of the game featuring SD (Snowdrop) that it will start to seem all too obvious to people especially those on PCs. I just wanted to write and let you know that it definitely is not just stability but marketing politics plays into this a lot as well."

UPDATED 2nd Response from The Division Developer: "Truth be told in regards to your question that while ‘Yes’ the lead platform is the PC, we simply cannot have such a big gap. As you know when the first WATCH DOGS Review was published by that one site, Ubisoft called it a “false review” and I am sure everyone can see how bad that sounded when they saw the game did look marginally better than something that was a last generation GTA IV. But no, they will not admit that they practice this or actively downgrade a game. It is much easier to say they removed things for stability which is often a lie as you can tell by the post-issues which are expected in any production we do.

Also to answer your 3rd question, no…they will never fully disclose what was removed from what build as no laws ask them to do so in terms of consumer rights. If we as developers published that information in very real terms for the consumer such as “Replaced particle fog simulation with 2d layer simulation in 3d space, removed particles from all explosions, lowered explosion volume multiplier by 20x, removed X # of trees and civilians, etc.” we would be out of a lot of sales and probably it would actually require too much time to deliver on the current hype that a lot of downgraded games see which look incredible with a vertical slice. I do share this in the hope’s that my colleagues and publishers and a lot of people who make false promises and do demonstrations which wrongfully create too much hype that they cannot deliver on ultimately stop doing such things. I want to see the industry actually move forward and not be so full of itself by promising too much and delivering too little. Regards."

Welp least someone who worked there was honest. Another game I have no interest in purchasing. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

HEY! HEY! HEY YOU! YEAH YOU, UBISOFT! 

Lol same idea

This is ridiculous. I always thought the consoles are what you go to to have a smooth experience and not pay much attention to the graphics, you go to pc to have the highest quality available if your system can run it. Since when did this have to change? We pay a premium for our rigs and we should be getting just that, a premium.

I think ubisoft is on the road to beat EA as worst company of the year, that's pretty sad really.

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

I stopped buying Ubisoft games quite a while ago, I think it was Ghost Recon Future Soldier which they completely fucked up on launch for PC, mouse and/or keyboard wouldn't work and it wasn't fixed for at least 2 weeks and even then it didn't work that great either.

Digga tunnah, 

Dig, digga tunnah. 

When you're done, ya digga bigger tunnah. 

Digga tunnah, 

Dig, digga tunnah. 

Project Tank

CPU: Intel i5 4670k :: Motherboard: Asus Z87 Pro :: RAM: 2x4GB Patroit 1866Mhz Intel Extreme Masters Edition :: GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon R9 280X :: Case: Fractal Design Define R2 XL :: Storage: 1TB Western Digital Black,3TB Western Digital Green, 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD :: PSU: XFX Pro Series Black Edition 850W :: Display(s): LG 23EA63V :: Cooling: Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler.

Oh man, no more money from me to Ubisoft then. T_T

Oh man, no more money from me to Ubisoft then. T_T

Same here.... *See Far Cry Complete on Steam Summer Sale* Damn it  :unsure:

Project Tank

CPU: Intel i5 4670k :: Motherboard: Asus Z87 Pro :: RAM: 2x4GB Patroit 1866Mhz Intel Extreme Masters Edition :: GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon R9 280X :: Case: Fractal Design Define R2 XL :: Storage: 1TB Western Digital Black,3TB Western Digital Green, 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD :: PSU: XFX Pro Series Black Edition 850W :: Display(s): LG 23EA63V :: Cooling: Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler.

It's Ubisoft: 

tumblr_mil4q4utPG1rc0luco1_400.gif

Gaming PC: CPU: 4770k @ 4.0Ghz GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 RAM: 16GB Corsair vengeance 1600Mhz Mobo: ASRock Extreme 9/AC PSU: Corsair AX760i Case: Corsair 750D CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i HDD: Samsung EVO 250GB, 1TB HDD, 4TB HDD 

How is ubisoft different from EA?
I think EA has realised that they need to change, and at least (appear) to be trying to. 
Ubisoft wants to be what EA is hated for...

Antec 1100 | Asus P8Z87-V | Silverstone Strider 850W 80+ Silver | Intel i5 3570k 4.3Ghz | Corsair h80 | Asus Xonar DGX | Sapphire HD 7850 1000 Mhz | 16 GB Patriot 1600MHz | Intel 330 180GB | OCZ Agility 3 60GB (Cache for HDD) | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Asus VE247H x2 | Ducky Shine 2 - Cherry MX Brown | Razer Deathadder 3.5G | Logitech G430

Same here.... *See Far Cry Complete on Steam Summer Sale* Damn it  :unsure:

I'm still waiting for Splinter Cell Blacklist to go 75-80% off.

And I just got AC: R when it was 5 bucks.

I still like AC right now, and I've tried Splinter Cell Blacklist which is still a good game. It helps that Splinter Cell doesn't use their own engine for it.

Do console players really care about how much better a game looks on PC? I don't think they do. I think most console players are very aware that playing on a PC they could have a better experience but they choose not to.

I hope Ubisolf and every other publisher learn from this. Ubisolf admit to reducing the gap was a huge mistake. If they would have released the game has it was originally intended they wouldn't be getting such a huge backlash. 

CPU: 3770K | Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU: GTX 1080Ti SLI | Ram: 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | Storage: 2x Samsung 840 pros | Case: Corsair 650D | Cooler:  Corsair H100i with Noctus NF-F12 fans | Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q

I-dont-want-to-live-on-this-planet-anymo

Seriously, let us just move to another planet and make our own games

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64

I have already decided to not buy a Ubisoft game for a while. I played Watch Dogs but I feel really bad after playing it. I would love a refund but I doubt I will ever get one. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Where does Ubisoft get the idea from anyway to narrow the gap?  As xentric mentioned, why would a console only gamer care if it looks good on PC?  Why does it have to be artificially "equal" across the board?  Are Microsoft and Sony telling them to do this or just flat out laziness / stupidity from the devs / publisher to optimize the game on each platform?

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

This is ridiculous. I always thought the consoles are what you go to to have a smooth experience and not pay much attention to the graphics, you go to pc to have the highest quality available if your system can run it. Since when did this have to change? We pay a premium for our rigs and we should be getting just that, a premium.

I think ubisoft is on the road to beat EA as worst company of the year, that's pretty sad really.

Just like he says,we pay premium for our PC's 800-1000$ + for high end stuff and we get downgraded versions THAT ARENT EVEN OPTIMIZED WTF  is this shit.

Make a mission out of this and pirate/boycott/criticize(justified) all their games until Ubisoft will cry.

Where does Ubisoft get the idea from anyway to narrow the gap?  As xentric mentioned, why would a console only gamer care if it looks good on PC?  Why does it have to be artificially "equal" across the board?  Are Microsoft and Sony telling them to do this or just flat out laziness / stupidity from the devs / publisher to optimize the game on each platform?

of course they're telling them! because if the graphics are that much better then potential console buyers will be inclined to go pc.