Origin EULA

Eddyall

I'm not using Origin, except for SWTOR because I'm not paying anything anyway, since I'm not agreeing with the EULA on a few points but since it's been a bit of time since EA launched it and there was a change of CEO, are those statement still correct:

-EA can remove a game in your library 2 years after it's last activation (Only EA is doing this AFAIK)

-EA will not let you keep game that have been removed from the store in your library (same here)

-If any of your EA account get banned for any reason you loose your other EA accounts, so your Origin one too (same here)

-You agree to not "sue" EA for any reason (Steam now as this too IIRC)

Wow never even knew of these parts. I guess I should read it next time.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

Wow never even knew of these parts. I guess I should read it next time.

Unfortunately you should always read the EULA, it's a contract.

See here for a good example http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/134714217/810924133947347961/

It's perfectly legal for them to do that because you agree to it, it not their fault if you don't read it.

Also in Steam's EULA it is stated that if Steam closes down for any reason, you lose all your games. That doesn't really surprise me about Origin.

"Save the cheerleader, save the world- Hiro Nakamura

The hero LinusTechTips forum deserves, but not the one it needs.

Isn't there also in Origins EULA i remember back when BF3 was launching that they can sell your personal data to other companies?

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

Also in Steam's EULA it is stated that if Steam closes down for any reason, you lose all your games. That doesn't really surprise me about Origin.

The difference is that if a game is pull out of the Store, no one can play it on Origin but people who have brought it on Steam still can.

You can't buy Anno 1404 on Steam any longer but if you already brought it you can still download and play it.

Now it Steam/Origin close then it's normal that Valve/EA says "we're not going to support it anymore" but I believe 

Valve stated that if it ever happen they would make sure you could still use your game, they would remove the DRM on Steam's side, but you would not be able to download them anymore.

Isn't there also in Origins EULA i remember back when BF3 was launching that they can sell your personal data to other companies?

Isn't mostly everyone basically doing that anyway?

what BS ._. 

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Unfortunately you should always read the EULA, it's a contract.

See here for a good example http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/134714217/810924133947347961/

It's perfectly legal for them to do that because you agree to it, it not their fault if you don't read it.

Did.... did you just..... say READ the EULA?

Ha... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH... haha... haaa...

Thanks for the laugh! :)

The difference is that if a game is pull out of the Store, no one can play it on Origin but people who have brought it on Steam still can.

You can't buy Anno 1404 on Steam any longer but if you already brought it you can still download and play it.

Now it Steam/Origin close then it's normal that Valve/EA says "we're not going to support it anymore" but I believe 

Valve stated that if it ever happen they would make sure you could still use your game, they would remove the DRM on Steam's side, but you would be able to download them anymore.

Isn't mostly everyone basically doing that anyway?

They probably are but on Origin  you can't sue the for it.

Did.... did you just..... say READ the EULA?

Ha... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH... haha... haaa...

Thanks for the laugh! :)

Sadly we should all read the EULA but most dont, if you don't you are cutting off a lot of your consumer rights but if your country has superior consumer rights then there is no issue(UK).

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

They probably are but on Origin  you can't sue the for it.

Sadly we should all read the EULA but most dont, if you don't you are cutting off a lot of your consumer rights but if your country has superior consumer rights then there is no issue(UK).

Well in my 15 or so years of gaming I've never had anything pulled or on me or needed to have even worried about consumer rights. These things are usually put in the EULA as worst case scenarios and to cover their asses if pull something stupid. Even if I did get a game taken off of me, which I wouldn't, I would literally rather pay another $60 or just not deal with their company again than take them to court OR even bother to read the EULA.