Cooler Master Novatouch TKL Topre Keyboard [It's finally here!]

so did they forget to switch the video to public or are they reshooting the video???

so did they forget to switch the video to public or are they reshooting the video???

no news on anything so far.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a firm believer if you need hardware enhancements to get an edge in a game, you completely suck at that game.

That doesn't make any sense, you have to be really good in order for some of the best hardware available to make a difference in your playing.

It's not like it's magic, in the end it's all you. The whole point is to have as little holding you back as possible. A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link. Any good player knows when their hardware is holding them back eventually, and it's time for an upgrade. Just like a beginner in golf might feel it's time for better clubs years later, or a guitarist a better guitar. In most such cases, 'better' can be defined as something better suited to what a person learns about themselves. I've tried linear and clicky switches, and have learned topre or similar switches suit me best.

I'm also a golfer and guitarist BTW, hence the comparison. And even some of the more expensive Topre boards aren't as bad as some of the best sets of golf clubs and guitars out there, which is party why I've shifted my focus towards gaming lately. The cost really isn't so bad. This keyboard is less than the cost of golfing once a week for 4 months eaily. People need to stop complaining about the cost of the best hardware available, and losing to people using such hardware. If you feel your hardware is holding you back, upgrade. It's really not as out of reach as people make it out to be.

Any new news on the keyboard/review?

Seems like this product has dropped off the face of the planet.

a month later and still no video

WTF

the video is private :(

has been since hours after its release.

And the scandal continues. Why was the video made private, why is it that I cant find any information on it? Could it be the government realizing that if this got in the hands of terrorists bad things could happen, or could it be that aliens confiscated it to protect the human race from itself.

And so GabeN has told us to march forthith unto the Land of Holy welding our swords of mice, shields of keyboards, and helmets of Oculus Rifts where we shall reclaim it-which is rightfully ours-from the PUNY Console Peasants from whom armed only with mere controllers we shall decimate in all forms of battle and we shall dominate even in their most ridiculous tradition and infatuation of CoD. Yes, my brothers- sisters and trans sexuals too- we shall destroy the inferior of races with our might and majesty. And if any Peasants wish to join us they must speak now or forever perish. -Ancient Speech from a Leader of Old, Book of Murratri section 2

And the scandal continues. Why was the video made private, why is it that I cant find any information on it? Could it be the government realizing that if this got in the hands of terrorists bad things could happen, or could it be that aliens confiscated it to protect the human race from itself.

After some digging, there seems to be a gag order put on the product. 

Coolermaster is still showing the Novatouch TLK at PAX Prime next month, and there are some keyboards out in the wild that people aren't supposed to be talking about.

After some digging, there seems to be a gag order put on the product. 

Coolermaster is still showing the Novatouch TLK at PAX Prime next month, and there are some keyboards out in the wild that people aren't supposed to be talking about.

Well why was there a gag order put on it, is my question. My theory-sarcasm-is that aliens discovered that if humans had this technology we would be able to type out launch codes on ICBMs to fast and create the destruction of the Earth.

And so GabeN has told us to march forthith unto the Land of Holy welding our swords of mice, shields of keyboards, and helmets of Oculus Rifts where we shall reclaim it-which is rightfully ours-from the PUNY Console Peasants from whom armed only with mere controllers we shall decimate in all forms of battle and we shall dominate even in their most ridiculous tradition and infatuation of CoD. Yes, my brothers- sisters and trans sexuals too- we shall destroy the inferior of races with our might and majesty. And if any Peasants wish to join us they must speak now or forever perish. -Ancient Speech from a Leader of Old, Book of Murratri section 2

If there was a gag order, it would've been nice had LTT informed us about it and not kept silent about it.  Something along the lines like "sorry we can't release video yet cuz coolermaster has put the product or blah blah blah" would have been nice.

If there was a gag order, it would've been nice had LTT informed us about it and not kept silent about it. Something along the lines like "sorry we can't release video yet cuz coolermaster has put the product or blah blah blah" would have been nice.

Linus did say something close to that in this thread.

Linus did say something close to that in this thread.

did he? I don't see it

did he? I don't see it

I checked my email updates as well. And I dont see it. i swear he said something like CM asked them to take it down for now. Only thing I can think is that they had to delay the release for some reason.

I checked my email updates as well. And I dont see it. i swear he said something like CM asked them to take it down for now. Only thing I can think is that they had to delay the release for some reason.

And as I have been saying........

Aliens

And as I have been saying........

Aliens

I'm not saying I agree with you, and I'm not saying that this was aliens...

But it may have been aliens.

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

Check out the latest updates at the #1 Largest Keyboard Forum On The Planet!

http://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/2bzsbv/novatouch_review_update_yes_you_can_swap_stems/

reddit is just a remnant of GH

reddit is just a remnant of GH

Don't you know that Ripster and Geekhack don't get along at all? 

Don't you know that Ripster and Geekhack don't get along at all?

Theres reasons for that, which i was there during.

I'm not saying I agree with you, and I'm not saying that this was aliens...

But it may have been aliens.

cue X files music

Guess this will tide me over till the gag is removed

Don't think of it that way. It was clearly aliens, and everyone knows aliens use probes not gags.