Cooler Master Novatouch TKL Topre Keyboard [It's finally here!]

CM Storm did a soft launch on their store http://goo.gl/bs8hpX

I guess I should have expected the price tag. Going to hope for a better price at 3rd party retailers. Maybe CM will have coupons at their PAX Prime booth.

There's a 10% coupon for their website. I know its not much. Oh and aparaently that jumped the gun they have no stock and that shouldn't have gone up.

Video is set to private Linus ... :S

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Video is set to private Linus ... :S

Has been since hours after its release a couple months back.

• 1 month later...

That keyboard costs more than my GPU (Not the best of GPUs obviously) AND is missing the Number pad? While still not back-lit, no programmable buttons, and,  having to press a function key for media buttons. I've not yet used this keyboard but unless It gives my fingers the best massage I've ever experienced, I plan on staying away from this thing. I'm actually sad to see something so "conservative" come from CM.

A keyboard made specifically for typists.... Yet has no numpad....

I wish I could have liked this comment more than once.

Am I the only one who doesn't have any issues with Micro USB cables.... I've been using the same cable for years and its still working perfectly.

A keyboard made specifically for typists.... Yet has no numpad....

Typists don't necessarily use number pads... 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Sure is expensive for a keyboard, I wonder how Topre keyboards actually perform compared to others. 

Just a dude who needs one thing for a review.

Am I the only one who doesn't have any issues with Micro USB cables.... I've been using the same cable for years and its still working perfectly.

I understand typists don't always use number pads. But this is kind of like buying a socket set (you as a mechanic) and finding out they didn't include 16mm-18mm because mechanics don't necessarily use those sockets and if they do they can always go buy them in a different package to add on (like the number pad add-ons) you can't tell me you'd still choose that set over one that included it?

Hell, even if you really never use them; why would you want to crowd a precious USB port when you needed to use them for that rare occasion?

I understand typists don't always use number pads. But this is kind of like buying a socket set (you as a mechanic) and finding out they didn't include 16mm-18mm because mechanics don't necessarily use those sockets and if they do they can always go buy them in a different package to add on (like the number pad add-ons) you can't tell me you'd still choose that set over one that included it?

Hell, even if you really never use them; why would you want to crowd a precious USB port when you needed to use them for that rare occasion?

You fail to realize that there are benefits to a TKL design, whereas excluding a socket is not beneficial. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Thanx :P
This keyboard was kinda disappointing for many reasons, but the fact that they advertise it as "The ultimate typing experience" and not include a numpad is going a bit too far.
Also, I noticed that the casing is very similar to that of the CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid-i. The review from JayzTwoCents confirmed that it's actually the same. Now that wouldn't bother me at all if it saved a bit of money, but it's still 200$
QoPMSbB.jpg?1

There are things I like abut the keyboard though: The keycap compatibility, the fact that they ditched that annoying font, the clean design, the Topre switches themselves. But as a hole, this just feels like a money-grab

- Now with added  WUB WUB -

They do. Someone doing live captions (for example) doesn't have have time to press shift for " + " or " * " every time. Or accountants or something else like that. TKL keyboards are cool, but not for typists.

- Now with added  WUB WUB -

I saw the "WHHHYYY" across the screen and thought  "déjà vu. I'm sure I've seen this before!" and as it turns out I had seen this before, back in June. 

So I wonder what was wrong with it that the review had to be held back for 3 months? smiley_hmmm_02.gif

was that competitor keyboard sponsor spot on a coolermaster keyboard video intentional?

Corsair Obsidian 800D | Msi GD-80 z68 | Intel Core i72600k (stock speeds at the moment) | Msi Gtx 570 twin frozr III | 8GB Corsair Dominator @1600mHz | Coolermaster evo 212 temporary) | Cooled by Gelid Wings | Intel SRT smart caching | Windows 7 ultimate x64

They do. Someone doing live captions (for example) doesn't have have time to press shift for " + " or " * " every time. Or accountants or something else like that. TKL keyboards are cool, but not for typists.

accountants are not typists. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

After I get my new MX Clear board and PBT white keycaps, this is my next board x.x  Tenkeyless and topre.  I always wanted to get 55g topre's, but 45g is perfect given the MX keycap compatibility.  8)

"Typists" use the numrow not the numpad. Also the switch is aimed at them, not necessarily this keyboard.

They're talking about the switches not necessarily that board. Another place where these are used a bunch is like airline checking desks. Basically any place you need a super dead on reliable keyboard.

accountants are not typists.

Correct

Is this a re-upload? I swear i seen this video before.

Yep it was up for a fraction of a day then pulled.

Different strokes for different folks. A tenkeyless keyboard has the benefits of being easier to transport (ie fits in more backpacks than a full size keyboard), keeps your mouse closer to your body's center so you're not overrotating your shoulder, and helps keep the desk clear! When I'm writing things like press releases, talking to community members, or creating presentations, I'm not needing a numpad :)

That keyboard costs more than my GPU (Not the best of GPUs obviously) AND is missing the Number pad? While still not back-lit, no programmable buttons, and,  having to press a function key for media buttons. I've not yet used this keyboard but unless It gives my fingers the best massage I've ever experienced, I plan on staying away from this thing. I'm actually sad to see something so "conservative" come from CM.

It's a pure performance, no bells and whistles keyboard. The switches are considered some of the highest quality keyboard switches in existence, especially for heavy use. If you want a backlight and programmable keys, then go check out the Trigger Z.

This keyboard was kinda disappointing for many reasons, but the fact that they advertise it as "The ultimate typing experience" and not include a numpad is going a bit too far.
Also, I noticed that the casing is very similar to that of the CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid-i. The review from JayzTwoCents confirmed that it's actually the same. Now that wouldn't bother me at all if it saved a bit of money, but it's still 200$

There are things I like abut the keyboard though: The keycap compatibility, the fact that they ditched that annoying font, the clean design, the Topre switches themselves. But as a hole, this just feels like a money-grab

Could you explain how it feels like a money grab? We're offering a less common type of switch with unique Cherry MX keycap compatibility feature and its pricing is on-par with pretty much the only TKL keyboard with the same base-switch type (albeit no Cherry stem!)

Need a numpad but still don't want the frills? Quickfire XT can help you out. Like the TKL but want backlighting? Check out the Rapid-i. Need full size, macros, and backlighting? We have the Trigger Z for you. If you want the best feeling and best performing keyboard out there, that's where NovaTouch steps in.

Cooler Master USA representing! Looking for help? Head to the CM Fanzone to get in touch with the Customer Support team!

-snip-

The one critique I still have about the Novatouch (and well, most of the quickfire keyboards) is the lack of media keys... I love my Quickfire Rapid, but I'd really love to have dedicated media keys, which is why I actually went for a K70 as my other keyboard -- although I have to say I really miss the TKL form factor.... 

/Before anyone says K65, it didn't have a backlight at the time, so it wasn't an option. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler