Intel - "Talk to the Product Marketing Engineer" Live Chat & Giveaway

LinusTech

Gosh darnit Linus, make the text see-able to night theme users. Edit, highlight, default color.

I really wish that we'd just make organic hardware already, that grows and adapts to the demands it needs to meet. That way, grannies' computers can be floppy sacks of organicness and the 12 year old Minecrafters will look like the guys that only do bicep curls, and the nerdy programmers will finally have justice, with their body-builder rigs that skipped leg day.

CPU: i7-4770k 4.8GHz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero | RAM: 16gigs 2133MHz | GPU: SLI Gigabyte OC 2gb 770's | Case: INWIN GRone | Storage: 1tb Blue, 60gb SSD | PSU: Silencer MK II 950w | Cooling: Modded H100i

Sweet ill be there :D

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Oh wow I will actually be able to watch this! Incredible, I tell ya.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Damn you Linus and your night theme discrimination.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

4 am in Australia.....

Fk >.>

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

Pretty sweet.

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

Question for the expert, Do you plan to get the overclocking world recorded for your CPUs?

Would be great winning some of these , since I'm planning on building a new pc.

p.s. Would we get some benchmarks with the normal Haswell cpus?

Rig:Crimson Impaler | CPU: i3 4160 | Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 Evo | Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS | RAM: Kingston Hyper X Savage 16GB kit (2x8) DDR3 1600MHZ CL9 | GPU: Asus Radeon R7 360 | PSU: Corsair CX 430 V2 | Storage: HDD WD 1TB Blue | Case: Delux DLC-MG866

~Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them.~

nvm about everything I said before I can make it :D

Can't wait :D

i'd like to know how he got into intel

like, how he was as kid in school, where did he go to school, how did he get into PCs and stuff, did he went straight to intel after school, if not, where then and how he ended up at intel

if that's something he always wanted, or just looking for a job in IT, is he happy there,...

that kind of stuff

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it.

GG 4am will be when its on for me :( 

''FX-9590 Hotter than lava''

GG 4am will be when its on for me :(

Yay for Australia, though, not really, cus, 4am D:

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

Question #1:  I would like to know why Intel didn't use a better IHS/TIM on the Haswell line of CPUs.  The problem with the current Haswell CPUs is so prevalent, that this must have been discovered during QA.  Does the product marketing engineer condone delidding?  Obviously the RMA process wont go through for a delidded processor, but I would like to hear his opinion on the subject because this is a well known and discussed issue, and some people have to delid just to get a minor overclock.  Here is one example. Before Delid     After Delid.  Has Intel learned from its mistake and we can not expect to run into this problem again in the future?

*Disclaimer:  I understand that from a business and marketing standpoint, having a product with a fixable problem isn't necessarily a bad thing for the company.  They can wait a year to release a revision/solution to the problem(Devil's Canyon) and buy more time for true architectural improvements(Broadwell/Skylake).  Devil's Canyon is not really a new processor, just has better TIM/IHS.  It still looks like Intel is releasing something, which makes the company look good and buys more time for the next step.  The one major difference between Haswell and DC is the TIM/IHS.  The higher stock speeds of the i7 is impressive, but not so much for the i5.  Releasing Devil's Canyon gives the public what they want, and is what should have been done in the first place with Haswell.  I see people who own Haswell processors attempting to overclock and are getting terrible results.  These unlucky consumers, and there are quite a few of them, pop up on the forum daily and I feel for them.

Question #2:  It is speculated that AMD is going to be releasing a new FX processor that comes with a liquid cooler.  Will Intel be releasing a CPU that comes with a liquid cooler in the future?

Question #3:  Are you familiar with the new CPU architecture that AMD is planning to release sometime in 2016?  If so, could you shed some light on what AMD might have in store for us come 2016?  Do you keep on top of what the competition is doing at all times and are you intrigued/concerned about the potential for AMD to release something groundbreaking and a massive shift in market share to occur?  Competition is good for the industry to advance; do you think of moves and counter moves in this industry in order for Intel to remain the superior enthusiast option?

Question #4:  With AMD shifting focus towards APUs, has Intel spent time, money, and effort to become a significant player in the APU market?  I don't want Intel to abandon its enthusiast market, but I am curious about what Intel has to offer in terms of a stronger integrated graphics solution for the more budget oriented buyers.

Question #5:  Game developers have been telling us for years that Hyperthreading and more cores will have a more linear effect on performance, and for years this has remain untrue.  Do you think Hyperthreading will soon show more profound performance gains when it comes to gaming in the near future?  If so, how long?  It seems like it has been 3 or more years that recommended specs have been telling us to buy i7s, yet the performance difference is negligible when comparing an i5 and i7.  Does it make sense to try and "future proof" by going with an i7 over an i5.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Why doesn't intel have more unlocked cpu? and low cost unlocked cpu like g3258 maybe an unlocked i3 as well?

The cheapest unlocked cpu is the 4670k (before devils canyon) at $250 while everything is unlocked with amd. I think that is a major reason for going amd instead of intel at least for an enthusiast

I would love to see more unlocked cpu from intel.

Okay , This actually sounds good , getting to talk to the engeniers directly will be good i believe,

I Have a few questions :

1. At what point did intel decide they should put graphics core on the CPU itself instead of letting a third party vendor handle the Graphics side instead focus more on the CPU perfomance? was it to intimidate the current competition & do you guys paln to proceed on expanding the GPU side along with the CPU or is this a temporary raise of arms?
  2. Why do you try to make CPU architecture smaller & smaller on desktop platform , when you can pack more processing power on same size as in 45 nm arc(i too am confused by this question) but what i mean is like engenieering a F1 car , why make the car smaller when you get twice the horse power out of new engine architecture you can put two engines on the same size instead of trying to make everything small..
  3. Where do you guys see the end point for CPU as in , you cannot innovate it further & get more juice out of it anymore, do you think one day you'll reach that point? or the cpu is just going to keep on coming for the next century or so..
  4. is there going to be a time when you guys are going to consider lowering the price down just a tiny bit for enthusiast, (troll question :P )
  5. There was a rumor that by 2016 you guys would get rid of all the random powercables going to the motherboard itself & give it a whole new design , is it even remotly true?
  6. can we expect server grade perfomance on desktops in the coming years ? , 4ghz is okay for now but can we expect anything moar?

Those are my questions, & hope you guys get to ask a few of them .

meanwhile we shall take a shot of beer whenever they mention the word

innovation

competition (they wont say the name)

haswell or ivy bridge *burp*  :mellow:

Details separate people.

1) With Devils Canyon, what was changed with the power delivery and how does that effect real world performance?

2) With the change in TIM and the subsequent fall in overall core temps, would the V core be allowed to be higher as long as core temps were kept under control? 

3) If Devils Canyon works on Z87 then why the launch of Z97 now? Sata express and other features could have been added to new/revised Z87 SKUs or held off until Broadwell was launched.

can i win if im 13?

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

Will intel make new sata express SSDs?

Is the pentium anniversary chip limited, meaning it will only be on sale for a couple of months?

Why are ASUS and MSI allowing some Hxx and Bxx motherboards to overclock the pentium anniversary chip?