New! EVGA TORQ X10 Carbon - Thoughts and Review

I just got my EVGA TORQ X10 Carbon today along with a buddies and thought I would throw some pics up and my thoughts as I fool around with it. At some point ill probably sum up my thoughts and ideas into a review.

IMG_3385.jpg

Comments, Thoughts, and Ideas

- Log: 01

The first thing ill say is that I told one of my friends that I got the mouse right as it came because I knew he would be interested. Immediately he asked my thoughts on it. My immediate reaction was "interesting and not what I thought it would be". I clarified right away that this didnt mean it was bad just that it took me off guard.

The mouse is a lot bigger than I expected. By its shape I expected a smaller fingertip and claw grip optimized mouse, which its not. When raised to the larger size it actually has a decent palm grip. With it lowered most of the way it gets clawy but at least for me the back is still wedged deep into my palm.

- Log: 02

The back and forward buttons seem a bit high, maybe a bit too out of the way. The scroll seems a bit far away where your actually using the tip of your finger rather than the meaty part of your fingertip. This does allow easy use of the button behind the scroll wheel but makes the mouse seem overly large.

The texture of this mouse is actually great and quite grippy. The carbon is super solid and the dotted surface surprisingly grippy.

I do think that the mouse is on the heavier side for me so I didnt even think about putting any weights in. I think its around the same weight of the G502 maybe a touch heavier.

- Log: 03

Ive gotten used to the scroll wheel being where it is since the ouroboros is similar the way I have it setup. I actually really like the placement of the "dpi" buttons as theyre far easier to use than many mice that have them behind the scroll wheel.

I dont like that this places my thumb basically right on the back button because it forces me to reach for the forward button. When I really get up in the mouse and claw it I can reach the forward button fine but then the "dpi" buttons are useless as theyre impossible to hit.

With how I game on my G502 and previous logitech mice I dont like that so much but I have to say this mouse really feels quality.

EVGA TORQ X10 Carbon Photos

IMG_3380.jpg

IMG_3381.jpg

IMG_3385.jpg

IMG_3396.jpg

IMG_3413.jpg

EVGA TORQ X10 Mousepad

IMG_3599.jpg

IMG_3605.jpg

IMG_3613.jpg

IMG_3615.jpg

IMG_3619.jpg

IMG_3620.jpg

What does having your thumb in her gap feel like? It looks a bit spacious in there...

What does having your thumb in her gap feel like? It looks a bit spacious in there...

My thumb does not fit in said gap, nor does it end up anywhere near it really.

Too bad it's laser :( icrievertim

It supposedly has fixed firmware that fixed the rounding that caused the acceleration/deceleration. But yea I really wonder why they didnt put in one of the newer IR sensors.

The texture looks like a steering wheel.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

I don't really like the shape...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Updated with some more pictures. If anyone wants anything specific picture wise let me know.

The texture looks like a steering wheel.

Its real carbon baby!

I don't really like the shape...

Its just a more standard ambidextrous shape.

Its real carbon baby!

It, for whatever reason, reminds me of the steering wheel on the 93' Honda Civic we used to have.

img6273.jpg

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

It, for whatever reason, reminds me of the steering wheel on the 93' Honda Civic we used to have.

img6273.jpg

no clue man because it does have the dots or the carbon so that doesnt make any sense to me.

no clue man because it does have the dots or the carbon so that doesnt make any sense to me.

It just looks rubbery and grippy which is exactly how the 93 Civic's steering was like.

It just looks rubbery and grippy which is exactly how the 93 Civic's steering was like.

it actually is quite a bit on the top. I still wish that the right and left click were also carbon since that piece id removable though it quite hard to do.

it actually is quite a bit on the top. I still wish that the right and left click were also carbon since that piece id removable though it quite hard to do.

Still running an old Microsoft mouse here, and an old HP keyboard. I think any recent mouse and keyboard would be heaven to me.

This, but yellowed and dirtier looking.  :(

wmo440.jpg

Still running an old Microsoft mouse here, and an old HP keyboard. I think any recent mouse and keyboard would be heaven to me.

This, but yellowed and dirtier looking.  :(

*snip*

I think you sir need a upgrade. If you want any advise let me know.

I think you sir need a upgrade. If you want any advise let me know.

I'll keep that in mind.

It supposedly has fixed firmware that fixed the rounding that caused the acceleration/deceleration. But yea I really wonder why they didnt put in one of the newer IR sensors.

Yeah, that would've sold it. I might get the new keyboard they're making though. It's perfect.

Yeah, that would've sold it. I might get the new keyboard they're making though. It's perfect.

i a gree it would have been the cherry on top. Ill start getting some review commenty things up soon.

Ok well I just put up the first "Log" thing. I have a bunch more that ive jotted down I just need make them into something more concrete.

Being a fingertip grip (seemingly) was the one thing that redeemed this mouse alongside the competition, but now it doesn't have that going for it...Is there any reason you'd get this above the G502, for example?

Being a fingertip grip (seemingly) was the one thing that redeemed this mouse alongside the competition, but now it doesn't have that going for it...Is there any reason you'd get this above the G502, for example?

At least the two ways I hold it neither it what I would consider a fingertip grip. There is no reason for me to get this instead of the G502 but I use nearly every feature of the G502 and think its laid out perfect, eve better than I predicted.

My friend that also ordered however will probably still pick it over the G502 because he really done use any additional features and when gaming on uses 3 maybe 5 buttons at best. This is also a shape I know he will like. For me the lower you make it the more clawy it gets. You can hod it fingertip grip but then you basically cant access most button except the main two and barely the scroll wheel. this makes me think that it could easily be adapted into a fingertip grip mouse, the shape does actually suit it.

Once I use this for a week or so ill probably move it over to Chibi PC because its till a really nice mouse and the 5 on board profiles with 10 macro's each is quite handy. Chibi PC is also basically on a KVM with my laptop dock so not needing software is handy.

Mine came in yesterday. The plain version B)

All I have to say is that I'm glad I pony'd up and got the carbon one.

How are you liking it so far and what are some of your observations?