Ubisoft promises Far Cry 4 on PS4, Xbox One is equal to high-end PC

TwistedDictator

Well, until the modding community gets a hold of it

I doubt they will make the same mistake they did with Watch Dogs again, can see them wipe any trace of higher settings in the code/game files  ensuring they're not outdone by a modder again, Although they do have a love for digging holes :S

Equal to High end PC?

792p is nowhere even close...

I'm probably playing a game right now...

There are very few things that I truly hate. Ubisoft is trying really hard to become one of them. What a shame... I like the games that Ubisoft publishes, but they are just evil. Not going to buy their games.

Paragon [ Intel i7 4770k @ 4.2GHz | 16GB @ 1866MHz Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 | ASUS Z87-Pro | Zotac AMP GTX 1080 Ti | Corsair H100i GTX | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD | 2 x Crucial M500 240GB SSDs | Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD | EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 | Corsair Carbide 300R ] (Backup Storage: Seagate Expansion 5TB USB3.0 HDD)

ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q }

You're dead wrong.

One could say it's like comparing 3 person using a server with an i3, and 20000 persons using a server with an i7.

that doesn't change the fact that they've got the servers for it. steam needs to beef it up a tad.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

85fb7b2212.jpg

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

yup, equal to high end PC....in 900p and 30 fps while we release a terrible unoptimized PC port to "make it fair for both sides"

meanwhile in EA....

popcorn.gif

Talk about just digging a bigger hole for yourself, I bet they are having a contest to see how far they can get their own heads up their asses. Im just not surprised anymore.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

sorry i just had to get that out. im good now. bye ubisoft. *CRIES*

*sorry if anyone saw the first wall of NOOO text. didnt think it was so much xD

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Actually I won't be buying this. I won't buy AC Unity until it's on steam sale either. So fuck them.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

Sigh.. Ubisoft needs to shut the F up !!!

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

If they shut up, we wouldn't learn about these sad things. But I do think it's honestly hard to believe how such a big company is managing to dig their own grave for months. It is however really happening. Amazing. There is not one single person in the PR dept that understands PC gamers and their concerns, wishes, what matters to them & how to talk to them.

What is unfortunate is that if the PC version doesn't sell well, they will not be able to link it to their questionable PR stunts & headlines. They won't see that their behavior & lies are what caused it. They might blame it on piracy & maybe not release some upcoming titles on that platform.

Adding to that the 8 already developed solo missions & one PvP mode that are only available if you pre-order the season pass & that have nothing to do with the upcoming DLCs... FC3 was one of my favorite games of all time, so I want to play FC4. But I can wait a year for the complete/game of the year/definitive edition containing the real uncut content to come out.

Oh good another game I plan on avoiding like the plague like every other Ubisoft title these days. I'll just spend this money on games worth my time, I would never run this mediocrity on my PC.

same as Unity= setting an extremely high minimal requirement?

If it's the same as Watch Dogs I won't buy it; it's as easy as that.

I will accept ubisofts statement, and any other game company, that their games looks as good on consoles as PC ultra high. The day they can show me a ps4/xbone outperform my 980... Which is never gonna happen.

• 2 weeks later...

Why would Ubisoft do this.

With all the shit they are pulling, it's like they PC gamers to hate them.

• 2 months later...

Why is ubisoft doing this it they are handicapping pc for no good reason and it's making them look like EA and ubisoft has had a bad year in 2014