Ubisoft promises Far Cry 4 on PS4, Xbox One is equal to high-end PC

TwistedDictator

Why is it that every company is now making their claim to how good it will be compared to pc???? the console players jealous?

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

Vote with your wallet, people! The only way to stop Ubisoft from pulling BS level of crap over and over again is to stop buying their games.

why ubi why?

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

This really comes down to them being lazy asshats. They don't want to spend extra time making sure the PC port/version works good and looks good because that means more time out of their pockets. If they make all the games function and look the same, it is better for them in the long run. No game for PC that has a version on a console should ever be watered down to keep up with lesser hardware. They will regret this horrible decision later on down the road, I am absolutely sure of it.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

The more I've been thinking about this, it actually doesn't sound like it could be *too* far off from the truth.. The biggest thing is that there was no mention of the rendering resolution or the framerate.

From the demos we've seen thus far, the graphics of FC4 don't seem to be *too* much better than FC3, so we might expect that performance could be somewhat similar. Digging through old articles on Tomshardware, they benchmarked the 7870 as running Far Cry 3 on Ultra Details with 4x MSAA at 1080p and they got an average of 28.4 FPS (source).. We know that the PS4 has a GPU that's roughly similar to a 7850, though with more efficient APIs/drivers and turning MSAA completely off, I don't see why it couldn't run Far Cry at something roughly equivalent to PC High/Ultra at 30 FPS, even at 1080p. Since the XBO is notably less powerful, turning the resolution down to 900p may be enough to maintain an average 30 FPS, without needing to gimp the PC version *too* much..

Or am I just completely wrong with all this?

We'll mainly just have to wait and see how it actually runs.. I'll be trying to run it at 1440p 60 FPS because PCMasterRace, but console gamers generally don't complain too much about low res and/or low framerate. 

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

But why should people with 290x's/780Ti's stand by the same graphics as a platform with 1/3 of their computing power?

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

I expect recommended CPU of a 6300FX and an AMD 7770 GPU, seeing 2 cores are locked to the OS on a console's SDK and a desktop AMD 7770 can run Diablo 3 at 1080p and a Xbox One can't, 

Instead we will get purposely bad code that requires a 4770k for good FPS and need a 780ti (6gig VRAM version) to play ultra.

Funny how the Farcry 4 shots look to have the same depth of field as the worse patch. Guess they enabled E3 settings for the bullshots.

farcry_farcry4_screenshot_ubisoft.jpg

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Hope it wont be as heavy as FC3 

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

But why should people with 290x's/780Ti's stand by the same graphics as a platform with 1/3 of their computing power?

FINALLY! Someone starts asking the real questions.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Because the consoles are most likely running at either a lower resolution or a lower framerate (or most likely both).. 

Because the consoles are most likely running at either a lower resolution or a lower framerate (or most likely both).. 

900p to 1080p is not 3-4x. That is a SINGLE card let alone SLI/Xfire.

A stock 7870 can put out nearly double the TFLOPS of a Xbox One GPU. It is listed as 2.56 TFLOPS on AMD's site and the Xbox One is 1.31 (that is with the boost from removing the Kinect), and the PS4 is 1.84. 

These consoles are literally garbage compared to a decent desktop GPU, even an older one. 

API helps CPU, not GPU. We saw how little AMD Mantle meant for our I5's/I7's already. Sorry bud. Ubisoft is working HARD to get such little performance out of the PC hardware. Ubisoft is not new to porting for the PC.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

900p to 1080p is not 3-4x. That is a SINGLE card let alone SLI/Xfire.

A stock 7870 can put out nearly double the TFLOPS of a Xbox One GPU. It is listed as 2.56 TFLOPS on AMD's site and the Xbox One is 1.31 (that is with the boost from removing the Kinect), and the PS4 is 1.84. 

These consoles are literally garbage compared to a decent desktop GPU, even an older one. 

API helps CPU, not GPU. We saw how little AMD Mantle meant for our I5's/I7's already. Sorry bud. Ubisoft is working HARD to get such little performance out of the PC hardware. Ubisoft is not new to porting for the PC.

The reply that I quoted mentioned both the 290X and 780TI.. Users with these cards are most likely running games at 1440p 60 FPS, which is over 5x as high as 900p 30 FPS, and 3.5x as high as 1080p 30 FPS (just calculating simple pixels-per-second).. The 780TI has ~4x (at stock clocks, >5x with a good OC) as much theoretical processing power as the XBO's rating. So then, if theoretical processing power and pixels-per-second have any meaning in the real world (not that they necessarily do), would it be so difficult to assume that they could run similar-ish graphics settings, albeit at very different resolutions and framerates?

To clarify, I'm not saying that Ubisoft isn't nerfing PC at all and I'm not saying that the consoles are some kind of amazing supercomputer, all I'm saying is that if you let the framerate and resolution slide, you can run games at much higher settings than you could otherwise.. I'm not saying that code optimizations and efficient APIs/drivers are going to create massive performance increases; I'm saying that an extra few percent here and there can really help with turning a few options up a bit..

While it is true that Mantle didn't really help the i5s and i7s, Techspot got a 38% performance increase in Thief with a 8350+280X, and a 46% performance increase with a A8-7600+280X (source).. You're right that Mantle was overall unimpressive, but with the right hardware combinations it could actually make a rather noticeable difference..

Ubisoft doesn't need to completely nerf the PC version to achieve similar graphics settings. Yes, they probably could have pushed the PC version a lot farther, but at the moment I don't think their statement necessarily means that they're intentionally screwing over the PC version.. Also, it should be noted that we're still very far away from its release, so a lot of stuff can still happen.

Hi Ubisoft!

_|_

Bye Ubisoft!

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

I can't describe how disappointed I am with Ubisoft right now. I've always respected them for doing cross platform and putting games on Steam, even if they force their own service on top of it. But this unacceptable. First they cheat us with Watch_Dogs, then they deny it and put out a ridiculous statement and then they do the opposite of what they say, with this. I love the Assassins creed games and Far Cry 3... I was disappointing with Watch_Dogs, but I think it's okay... But in the future Ubisoft will have a very hard time to convince me to buy their games. One way they could redeem themself would be removing Uplay from Steam, but that's probably never gonna happen. 

Awww, this is such bullshit! Why are they capping the pc? Everyone knows that current generation consoles are seriously underpowered when compared to a pc, who are they trying to fool?

Everybody Everybody stop the presses

This is exactly the same as far cry 3, it had no enhanced features over the Console version

Its just now ubisoft is being upfront about it

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

only solutions dont buy their f....ing games.. but just download the crack version ofthe game and u good to go..

Ubisoft is starting to get worse than EA.

They can have my money again when they start making good PC versions.

At least EA cares about PC gaming and fixes there stuff when it's broken.

Woah there. You're missing "in 10 months" at the end of your sentence.

Praise Duarte!

Woah there. You're missing "in 10 months" at the end of your sentence.

They started fixing from day one it just took long to get all problems solved.

They never said that the game was bug free or didn't have problems.

Ubisoft and Activision on the other hand don't talk about bugs nor fix them at any point and time.

RTX2070OC 

Now this make more sense after this news:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/170479-ubisoft-massive-sweden-leak-on-division-downgrade/

They will just downgrade the game on the PC on purpose. 

CPU: 3770K | Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU: GTX 1080Ti SLI | Ram: 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | Storage: 2x Samsung 840 pros | Case: Corsair 650D | Cooler:  Corsair H100i with Noctus NF-F12 fans | Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q

The only way I see this as vaguely salvageable is if they make the PC version as good as possible, and then run the same game but at 720P 30FPS on the consoles.

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

Well I'm going to look at the brighter side of things.

At least I won't have to spend $500-$600 on a new R9 390x or GTX880ti just to run the game at 60fps on medium settings.

or will I have to buy an over priced Intel CPU.

I love ubisoft games assassins creed gives me a hard one. the best game franchise ever released In my opinion  

and I like Uplay.

you go you good French company you go.

I for one will be boycotting ubisoft until the end of time. And encourage everyone else to do the same.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs