Ubisoft promises Far Cry 4 on PS4, Xbox One is equal to high-end PC

TwistedDictator

No, this just means that the consoles were able run the ultra settings that were planned for the PC version. Why is everybody getting that statement wrong? Apparently there's too much emotion involved because of Watch Dogs. But of course Ubi is not going to make another step of settings just to differentiate the PC from the consoles. There's not going to be any "extreme" or "enthusiast" setting for sure. But I'm actually happy with what they said, particularly about how they develop on PC as a lead platform - this is evident by how great of a game FC3 was on PC. I'm sure FC4 is gonna be the same. 

This is trending on reddit right now :
XI3KGNz.png

I think Ubisoft needs to start doing some damage control.

EA is actually doing much better right now. The BF: Hardline beta runs very good and is quite enjoyable, even though the tickrate is still 10hz. 

My PC: CPU: Intel Core i3 3220, MB: ASUS P8P67 LE, GPU: Palit Jetstream GTX 670, RAM: 4GB 1333mhz DDR3, Storage: 750GB Hitachi, PSU: CoolerMaster G650M 80+ Bronze, Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus, Case: Multirama, Display: Acer x229w 22" 1680x1050, Keyboard: Logitech K120, Mouse: Steelseries Kinzu v2, Sound: Logitech 2.1 system

I've been sticking with blizzard for my AAA games and they haven't let me down. At least d3 looks like crap on every platform.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

I thought Watch_Dogs was just a fluke and that Ubisoft couldn't possible be retarded enough to dumb down the graphics for the PC version to make the PS4/Xbox version look better. But there is clearly shenanigans going on over at ubisoft, probably being payed by sony/ms/both? to make their crappy consoles look 10x better than it actually is.

When people said that ubisoft got payed by ms/sony to dumb down the pc version of watch dogs, I thought they were insane, but now i don't think it's that unlikely.

My Build

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 ARMOUR | CPU: i7 9700k | Ram: 16gb 3200mhz Motherboard: ASUS Maximus XI Gene | Storage: 2x 1TB NVME 1x 500GB NVME 1x 120GB NVME | Case: Corsair 570X

No, this just means that the consoles were able run the ultra settings that were planned for the PC version. Why is everybody getting that statement wrong? Apparently there's too much emotion involved because of Watch Dogs. But of course Ubi is not going to make another step of settings just to differentiate the PC from the consoles. There's not going to be any "extreme" or "enthusiast" setting for sure. But I'm actually happy with what they said, particularly about how they develop on PC as a lead platform - this is evident by how great of a game FC3 was on PC. I'm sure FC4 is gonna be the same. 

Considering Ubisoft makes the most money off it's PC sales, you'd expect them to favor PC. 

They may develop with PC as the lead platform, but I don't see where that benefits PC gamers if our settings are not different from console settings. Unless you count modding, but even then, we'd mod it anyway even if we weren't the lead platform. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

This is like playing a game on the lowest difficulty setting. There is no honour in playing a game intentionally gimped even if it is in your favour. Same goes for purposely gimping the PC version to console level and claiming they are now equal. It's BS and I don't like it.

promises, promises, im starting to think promise means maybe these days

good luck ubisoft anyways.

Johan Andersson from DICE (The Technical Director on Frostbite 3 )  just said this on Twitter and he is 100% right:

Embarrassing to hear devs say their console versions is the same quality as "ultra high" on PC. Then you are _not_ taking advantage of PC!

https://twitter.com/repi/status/479230914204299266

RTX2070OC 

I thought Watch_Dogs was just a fluke and that Ubisoft couldn't possible be retarded enough to dumb down the graphics for the PC version to make the PS4/Xbox version look better. But there is clearly shenanigans going on over at ubisoft, probably being payed by sony/ms/both? to make their crappy consoles look 10x better than it actually is.

When people said that ubisoft got payed by ms/sony to dumb down the pc version of watch dogs, I thought they were insane, but now i don't think it's that unlikely.

I don't think they're actually being paid: they are just listening a bit too intently to MS and Sony when they claim how the PC is "dead" and how their platforms are much more profitable and all, instead of actually you know, taking a look at sales numbers and the increasingly booming PC industry that's already overtaken the consoles.

This is typical: As your company gets bigger and bigger you start relying on higher up suit type CEO idiots who are completely out of touch with gaming and just like the power-point presentation bullshit spoon fed by other corporate goons at Microsoft and Sony.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Surprisingly,i started to love EA.

Go fk yourself ubisoft!

This!

I liked it better when EA was the evil one, I don't really like any EA games...  I like ubisoft games...

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

And OP if consumers don't speak with their wallets it is sad.  Ubisoft is so full of themselves now and they really need to be brought back down to earth and crushed.

Because I would have no games to play if I stopped buying games every time a company did something evil/screwed something up

Voting with your wallet CAN be effective but honestly just hammer twitter and facebook with how shit the company is, creating a PR nightmare is more damaging than a few people not buying the game, it will mean next time they release a game even general consumers will be dubious and possible pass it up

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

EA is actually doing much better right now. The BF: Hardline beta runs very good and is quite enjoyable, even though the tickrate is still 10hz. 

I think, if my GPU with 3 TFlops of processing power will run the game just as good as it is on 1.84 TFlops hardware I would call the statement is BS as well...

probably that number alone doesn't matter much, but I'm just trying to show one example how that statement is bad.

Basically, what that statement means is either that game will not utilize 100% of current PC capability or that game will be so unoptimized that it needs double the processing power on PC... if it's the first case, I surely want to see the game running at 120FPS on my system... but so far with Ubisoft, it has always been the later....

Gadgets: Lenovo Y580 (Nostromo, Naga Epic, Hydra, TrackIr5), Surface Pro 3 (i3), Lumia 930, PSVita

Rig: i7-4770K, 8GB Kingston HyperX, Asus Strix GTX970, MSI Z87-GD65, Asus Xonar DGX, CMStorm Scout II, CM Seidon 240M, BlackWidow Ultimate, Naga Epic, Goliathus Extended Control, TrackIr5, Sennheiser HD205, Audio-Technica ATR2500, Edifier speaker, Logitech G940, Logitech G27, Logitech F710, Dell S2340L, Philips 200VL, Samsung 830 128GB SSD, DXRacer FA01N

Because I would have no games to play if I stopped buying games every time a company did something evil/screwed something up

Voting with your wallet CAN be effective but honestly just hammer twitter and facebook with how shit the company is, creating a PR nightmare is more damaging than a few people not buying the game, it will mean next time they release a game even general consumers will be dubious and possible pass it up

I think doing both with Ubi**** right now is the right choice.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I think, if my GPU with 3 TFlops of processing power will run the game just as good as it is on 1.84 TFlops hardware I would call the statement is BS as well...

probably that number alone doesn't matter much, but I'm just trying to show one example how that statement is bad.

Basically, what that statement means is either that game will not utilize 100% of current PC capability or that game will be so unoptimized that it needs double the processing power on PC... if it's the first case, I surely want to see the game running at 120FPS on my system... but so far with Ubisoft, it has always been the later....

No, even if the game is optimized with a billion dollar worth of resources thrown into it, the 1.84Tflops of PC graphics would still not match the PS4 simply because DirectX does not allow low level access to the hardware. Mantle somewhat improves performance on low-mid spec PCs, not so much on high end though. 

Damn, my man Johan is laying the hammer hard. I love that guy so much. My favourite celebrity game programmer. 

https://twitter.com/repi/status/479230914204299266

My PC: CPU: Intel Core i3 3220, MB: ASUS P8P67 LE, GPU: Palit Jetstream GTX 670, RAM: 4GB 1333mhz DDR3, Storage: 750GB Hitachi, PSU: CoolerMaster G650M 80+ Bronze, Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus, Case: Multirama, Display: Acer x229w 22" 1680x1050, Keyboard: Logitech K120, Mouse: Steelseries Kinzu v2, Sound: Logitech 2.1 system

Hey, hey ubisoft. Fuck you. Honestly, everyone just needs to accept that XB1 and PS4 are not as powerful as a high end PC.  Console gamers, even if they aren't willing to admit it, know it, devs know it, fuck it, even the console makers know it. So there is no point in trying to hide it.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Typical appeal to the console plebs.

Who cares, we still have plenty of other games to look forward to.

Typical appeal to the console plebs.

Who cares, we still have plenty of other games to look forward to.

I was looking forward to a game that gets released on Q4.Looking forward to it so much,that i almost pre-ordered it (i never pre-order games,that's like a rule to me)

It's from fking ubisoft...........(the crew) and it's gonna be exactly like WD and probably far cry 4

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

I imagine the xbone running at 720p at sloppy frame rates. 7770 can't even max out FC3 at 1080p.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

I used to hate pirating now its the best weapon vs idiots like Ubisoft and EA. So guys go ahead and pirate all you want them games :)) dont support them.

Only make sure you buy The Witcher 3 cause swag thats why,the rest deserve to make no profit and lose costumers.

I used to hate pirating now its the best weapon vs idiots like Ubisoft and EA. So guys go ahead and pirate all you want them games :)) dont support them.

Only make sure you buy The Witcher 3 cause swag thats why,the rest deserve to make no profit and lose costumers.

No it is not. Just don't play the damn games and get the Witcher 3 for example. Giving them any sort of attention, even if it's through torrents, helps the game. Please don't buy into the all piracy = automatic damage to a game cause that is not so, in fact there's more evidence to suggest the opposite is true (see: Game of thrones)

-------

Current Rig

-------

Ubisoft is dead to me. There's no reason a crappy console with a gimped 7770 should run fc4 as well as my pc.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

No it is not. Just don't play the damn games and get the Witcher 3 for example. Giving them any sort of attention, even if it's through torrents, helps the game. Please don't buy into the all piracy = automatic damage to a game cause that is not so, in fact there's more evidence to suggest the opposite is true (see: Game of thrones)

Yea i know but i meant straight to those who want to buy their games and have the money,dont give them a penny if you can.

Ubisoft has turned in worse than EA games, i used to respect Ubisoft in the old days of splinter cell when i actually bought their games,nowdays with a straight face they give us PC gamers and consolers too the middle fingers with no shame.

In fact i should shut up, ihavent played a decent game in over 2 years,all money wasted like BF4,GW2 and other crap,also singleplayer games should cost 30-40$ at launch not 60...

oh look! Ubisoft never stops trying to poison the master race platform!

Since when did Ubisoft surpass EA as the worst company in the PC games industry?
It's like they actually have a disdain for PC gamers.

Yes, spend your time and effort trying to reaching out the customers who will likely buy your product no matter what you do, at the expense of those who are on the fence about it.

Someone really needs to fire their PR guys.