i7 4790k and Asus Maximus VI Formula MOBO?

So I've been planning on a build since late last year/early this yearish, and I'm currently working around an i7 4790k CPU now the price is something for me to handle and not my concern (though do feel free to make other recommendations if you desire, I'll certainly consider them) for this question, what I would like to know is regarding the MOBO in the title.

Now pcpartpicker is telling me (as it sometimes does) that some z87 MOBOs may need a BIOS update in order to work with Haswell refresh CPUs.

So my question is does THIS MOBO need that? And how would I go about doing so without a CPU that the board works with?

Regards and prior thanks to any contributions - Insert my long ass name here, in fact I could have just done that since this is already 4X as long!

Do not  as I  do, and  not  as I say. Instead do as you may..

HSS Revenir: CPU=i7 5960x @4.5GHz Heatsink=Corsair H100i MOBO=ROG Rampage 5 RAM=Kingston HyperX Predator 16GB @3000MHz SSD=Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB GPU=R9 295x2 PSU=Corsair AX1500i OS=Windows 7 Ultimate

So I've been planning on a build since late last year/early this yearish, and I'm currently working around an i7 4790k CPU now the price is something for me to handle and not my concern (though do feel free to make other recommendations if you desire, I'll certainly consider them) for this question, what I would like to know is regarding the MOBO in the title.

Now pcpartpicker is telling me (as it sometimes does) that some z87 MOBOs may need a BIOS update in order to work with Haswell refresh CPUs.

So my question is does THIS MOBO need that? And how would I go about doing so without a CPU that the board works with?

Regards and prior thanks to any contributions - Insert my long ass name here, in fact I could have just done that since this is already 4X as long!

yes it does need a BIOS update

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/MAXIMUS_VI_FORMULA/HelpDesk_Download/

you will need to flash to version 1402

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

That motherboard will support that CPU... with a BIOS update.

Honestly, it would be safer to just get a Z97 motherboard, like the Maximus VII Hero, but if you desperately need that motherboard, ROG board have a feature where you can update the BIOS without a CPU installed. So if you do end up buying that motherboard, you will be good.

Build: CPU: Intel Core i5 4690k | CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: 8GB G-Skill Ares 1600Mhz CL9 | Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + WD Blue 1TB 64MB Cache + Seagate Barracuda 2TB 64MB Cache | GPU: MSI GTX 960 | Case: Cooler Master Storm Enforcer | Power Supply: EVGA 600B Non-Modular | 

Yes you'll have to update the bios of that motherboard to the latest version, 1504.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVvHwq3syqI

follow roughly the step in the video

when you download the BIOS, unzip it and rename the file as M6F.CAP where CAP is the file extension

load it into a thumbdrive formated with FAT

and plug the drive into the USB port, connect the mobo power from the PSU and press the button

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Yes you'll have to update the bios of that motherboard to the latest version, 1504.

1504 is a beta version

don't use that unless you know it will work

it is known that beta BIOS may brick the mobo

Hmm, thanks all for the fast responses this was very helpful!

Do not  as I  do, and  not  as I say. Instead do as you may..

HSS Revenir: CPU=i7 5960x @4.5GHz Heatsink=Corsair H100i MOBO=ROG Rampage 5 RAM=Kingston HyperX Predator 16GB @3000MHz SSD=Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB GPU=R9 295x2 PSU=Corsair AX1500i OS=Windows 7 Ultimate

1504 is a beta version

don't use that unless you know it will work

it is known that beta BIOS may brick the mobo

So which one should we use, I am in the Same situation as @BrandedUpontheGrave

So which one should we use, I am in the Same situation as @BrandedUpontheGrave

as mentioned before use the 1402 version